Patrick Murphy (as played by Michael Fairman on The Young and the Restless)
* Is a widower who owns a tackle shop.
* Was friends with Marge as a patron at the diner she worked in.
* Took Marge in when she was losing everything due to alcohol addiction.
* Found Katherine in the car wreckage and brought her to his trailer, thinking she was Marge.
* Helped Katherine prove her real identity.
Michael Fairman (November 2008 - May 2013)
Murphy was a friend of Katherine Chancellor's lookalike, Marge. He was a regular at the diner where she worked.
Murphy had taken Marge in when she lost her apartment and went on a bender.
Unbeknownst to Murphy, Marge called Katherine and picked her up at Murphy's trailer to take her to rehab. They were in a car wreck, and Murphy found Katherine unconscious - believing her to be Marge. He brought her home and nursed her back to health.
Murphy and Kay fell for each other and he helped her prove her identity. They married, and Murphy moved in with Katherine. It was revealed that Murphy had a son who died - he was killed by Maggie MacLaine, who tried to kill Murphy so he couldn't reveal the truth about her to Nikki and Victor. Murphy survived her two attempts on his life and helped put her behind bars.