The Bold and the Beautiful Weekly Blog!
B&B Breakdown October 20 – 24
If anyone ever needed to read the book, “He’s just not that into you” it’s Taylor. I understand her still being in love with Ridge and even confessing it in hopes that he still feels the same, however, he rejected her and chose Brooke. It’s just pathetic for her to tell Rick that she will wait for Ridge in the hopes that Brooke leaves him and he needs someone to help him pick up the pieces. If she doesn’t love Rick, fine let him go, but she shouldn’t wait idly around HOPING that the man she loves will get dumped and need a rebound person. She’s better than that.
A Nice Surprise
I like how the writers made us think that Jack would be the latest problem in Ridge and Brooke’s relationship, but it turns out that was just a red herring. Instead of retreating to the old standby of Brooke being pulled back into Nick’s world and infuriating the audience, the writers found a new wrinkle to test their love, namely Rick falling off the roof of Forrester after fighting with Ridge. Of course all the flip flopping of these couples led to it, as Taylor once again found herself in love with Ridge, which led her to dump Rick, which led him to lash out at Ridge, which led him to fall off the roof, but Ridge and Brooke’s exes aren’t the direct reason for their upcoming problems. That may change, but for now I am one happy soap watcher. This storyline really has all the classic soap elements – family, revenge, love, betrayal – and it involves much of the cast, but in an unexpected way.
I’m impressed that Stephanie took the high road and told Eric the real reason why Donna wanted a divorce instead of manipulating the situation to her benefit. Kudos to her mature way of handling it, but why on Earth would Eric have wanted her back all of a sudden? These two have one complicated, bitter, toxic past. So because Eric was alone again, he was ready to take Stephanie back? How can either of them forgive each other so easily, or Eric get over Donna so quickly? And why would Stephanie want Eric back on the rebound? Can’t the women on this show stand up for themselves like Bridget finally did with Nick? I would love for Stephanie to have told him, “Thank you for wanting me, but I respect myself too much to take you back only because Donna doesn’t want you anymore.” Or something like that. And now that Eric knows the truth about Pam, will he be torn over the women in his life?
Who Are You Again?
While I’m really enjoying the action that's going on right now, I again have to wonder why they can’t incorporate more than two stories at one time. Has Jack been bonding with obsessive Katie off-screen this whole time? Will we even care about them once they pop up again? If there isn’t time to devote to them, can’t they at least have them pass through or be commented on? There’s so much build up to stories, but once they reach their completion, they are forgotten with no aftermath. Do we even care about Katie and Nick anymore? At least we finally saw Bridget again this week.
* I totally supported Brooke trying to get Rick to see that he and Taylor were not going to work out. However, when Taylor told Brooke that she did as Brooke wanted and broke up with Rick, Brooke was mad because she broke Rick’s heart. Make up your mind woman!
* The consensus from last week’s poll says that you want Owen to stick around and be a good guy (127 out of 220 votes). I worry though, that if he is good, he won’t have much to do. He’s already barely hanging on just being Donna’s lap dog. Maybe something will spice up for him once the Pam situation is handled.
* I totally dug Ridge not taking Rick’s bait when they were on the roof. He just let Rick act like a spoiled brat and rant and rave. Of course it didn’t turn out well, but it’s all part of the Zen of Ridge these days. I promise that’s all I’ll the gushing I’ll do about Ridge this week.
* I can’t wait to see post-accident Rick’s new attitude. He is in definite need of some edge and I think I’ll like him better once he’s not so nice and bland. Get a peek at what's to come for him in our Spoilers.
* My heart broke for Pam when she said that she wanted to become a nurse, but she became nothing, “I became this.” How sad for her. She can be a little cartoon-y at times, but when she has these moments of honesty, she really drives it home.
* Has Marcus left the hospital yet after getting bitten by the snake, or are he and Steffy really getting to know each other in his hospital bed while their families are distracted with other things?
* Shouldn’t Eric have been notified about Rick’s accident? He was in the hospital already to see Pam, he could have just gone down the hall and visited his son too.
Well those are my thoughts on this week’s events. What are yours? Share your feelings on B&B with Soaps.com below!
- Lori Wilson