News Roundup: Couples In Jeopardy, A Downright Unbelievable Preview and the Resurrection We Never Saw Coming
Plus, previews of what’s coming next!
With so much going on in the world of daytime, it’s easy to miss a story or two — including some of the biggest ones unfolding on screen. Fortunately, we’ve got you covered with our guide to everything that went down last week on Days of Our Lives, General Hospital, The Bold and the Beautiful and The Young and the Restless. Plus, we’ve got previews of what to expect next and even coverage of primetime’s best sudsers!
The Bold and the Beautiful
Katherine Kelly Lang (Brooke) and producer Case Kasprzyk surprised us all with some white-hot tea on virtually everything Bold & Beautiful! From the huge Bill story on the way to Steffy’s return, the two did not hold back in their impromptu video chat!
- Now that Finn’s realized just how crazy his mom really is, will he be able to do whatever it takes to escape Sheila’s smothering grasp?
- Do we have a sizzling new romance about to burst into flames? Sean Kanan and Krista Allen certainly have plenty to say about Deacon and Taylor!
- Quinn and Carter might be over before they even get started if one of his past decisions comes back to bite him in the you-know-where!
- John McCook (Eric) couldn’t help but shed a few tears when he was surprised on his return to set!
In this week’s column, Richard says that Finn should probably be very, very afraid of his mom. But perhaps Sheila should be worried too, for an entirely different reason. Plus, our take on the Deacon/Taylor pairing.
What Went Down Last Week: Donna returned to Forrester Creations, a move well-received by Pam and Charlie, but not so much by Quinn, who confronted the minx for sleeping with Eric. Ridge settled back into Brooke’s place and raged at Chief Baker for not finding Sheila. Speaking of the she-devil, she coerced Mike into making a run for Finn’s meds, and her ailing son. Poor Finn finally realized just how crazy his biological mother is, and struggled to get away, only to be drugged. Elsewhere, a new friendship of sorts was formed when Taylor stopped by to see Deacon at Il Giardino and they realized they had a few things in common. Deacon showed up at her office the next day saying he couldn’t stop thinking about her — might a romance be in the cards?
Days of Our Lives
The second chapter of Beyond Salem has come and gone, but it’s left us with plenty to digest! From villainous DiMera returns to creepy blasts from Hope’s past, the Peacock series had it all. Don’t believe us? Check out our review of the series — but be warned, there are spoilers galore! And some of them are huge! Of course, if you just want to catch up on what happened, there’s always our recap galleries for each episode!
- Hurricane Sami blew out of Salem once more, but could this be the time she leaves for good? Even Alison Sweeney isn’t too sure if she’ll be back!
- Paging Dr. Rolf! Paging Dr. Rolf! That’s right, the mad scientist is coming back — but he’ll be looking a bit different this time around!
- Greg Vaughan (Eric) and his son Jathan welcomed an adorable new family member, and this is one fluffball you do not want to miss!
- Carson Boatman (Johnny) and the missus had us rolling on the floor… when they duked it out over packing? Just trust us when we say, check out the video!
Sami and Lucas’ wedding dominated Days of Our Lives, but in this week’s column, Curtis gets into why it just didn’t quite click for him. But now that Lucas has been exposed and Sami’s hightailed it out of town, leaving her own trail of destruction behind her, there should be plenty of juicy drama to come!
What Went Down Last Week: After putting some pieces together, Chad crashed Lucas and Sami’s wedding to accuse the groom of killing Abigail — and kidnapping the bride. Ready to own up to his wrongdoings, Lucas confessed to kidnapping, but then pleaded not guilty. Sami beelined it to EJ, only to discover him with Belle, post-sex. She promptly told Shawn his wife slept with her ex before leaving Salem again. Kate confessed to Roman she knew Lucas kidnapped Sami, leading Roman to dump her. Chad told Rafe everything, including that he and Kate set EJ up for kidnapping Sami.
- James Patrick Stuart has “officially done everything,” and after his latest daredevil stunt, we believe him!
- It’s been 15 years since Night Shift debuted, and the time couldn’t be more right for the General Hospital spinoff to make its return!
- Nelle may terrorized Port Charles, but in real life, Chloe Lanier is a sweetheart who can’t stop singing Hayley Erin praises!
- Joshua Benard (Adam) is taking a little break from General Hospital’s teen scene to stop by HBO for some hilariously off-kilter antics.
Trina’s trial is finally starting, but in this week’s General Hospital column, that isn’t quite enough for Dustin to pick up the show’s pace! Let’s just hope Esme gets her comeuppance sooner, rather than later, and we finally find out what Victor’s endgame is!
What Went Down Last Week: Rory and Trina spent the Fourth of July having and sharing kisses that a jealous Spencer witnessed. As the day of Trina’s trial arrived, Scott had to leave Port Charles, so Diane took over the case. Meanwhile, Curtis and Marshall located Boz, who went straight to Esme to blackmail her in exchange for his silence. Nina purchased Carly’s half of the Metro Court to give back in an attempt to make up for many of the wrongs she’d done, but Carly rejected Nina’s gift. When Olivia tried to buy Nina out, Nina refused and announced she’d be running the hotel with Olivia. Victor once again tried to have Laura eliminated by a sniper, but Valentin saved her. He later arranged for Laura’s mother Lesley’s home in Italy to burn down to get Laura out of town.
The Young and the Restless
If starting to think nothing could ever come between Phyllis and Nikki’s vendetta against Diane, you may be right. And that could be bad news for Summer and Kyle’s marriage!
- Kyle, meanwhile, is doing his share of dividing the viewers, but believe it or not, his biggest mistake could end up being letting Diane into Harrison’s life!
- Chelsea hasn’t always been the most stable of Genoa City’s residents, and that could end up hurting Lily in a big way if the schemer sets her eyes on Billy!
- Of course, whether or not Chelsea decides she needs to reconnect with her ex, Jason Thompson realizes that fans are waiting for Billy to pop the question to Lily. And he has a few things to say about how likely that is to happen!
- On the anniversary of Phillip’s coming out, Soaps.com looked back at how he broke his family’s heart… but not because he was gay!
What Went Down This Week: Phyllis and Nikki teamed up to convince Summer that Diane is dangerous, setting Ashland up to get caught violating his restraining order with Harrison. This added to Locke’s already miserable week. The bright spot? He formed an alliance with Adam, who’s also bent on revenge against the Newman clan. Noah took Allie on a real date, but struggled with how to tell his dad he didn’t want to run New Hope. Imani used her mother’s illness to manipulate Nate, and Billy started working with Chelsea, who broke the news to Marchetti and Fenmore’s that she was out of the fashion business.
In Other News
- It’s time to head back to Llanview in our photo-filled tribute to One Life to Live on the anniversary of the ABC classic’s debut.
- As we wait for the debut of Yellowstone‘s fifth season, Kevin Costner tackles the rumors that it could be the blockbuster show’s last!
- Real Housewives Jen Shah has just been fired — but that’s the least of her troubles as she faces up to a decade in prison!
- June and Serena Joy look to be facing off in the fifth season of Handmaid’s Tale, and if the preview is any indication, it could be a fight to the end!
What’s Coming Up…
Now that you’re all caught up on what went down last week, here’s a glimpse of what’s just around the corner!
- As Finn struggles to hold on long enough to survive his crazy mother, help may soon be on the way as Ridge and Brooke put the screws to Mike in this week’s Bold & Beautiful preview!
- Not even Lucas is sure of whether or not he killed Abigail, but in the Days of Our Lives preview, it looks like we may finally be getting some answers. And it’s all thanks to Marlena!
Click below to catch up with familiar faces from all your favorite soaps in our Days of Our Lives then-and-now photo gallery!
<p>She may not have been the first Laura Horton, but Flannery was <em>dang</em> close, stepping into the role four months after the character was introduced in 1966. She would, of course, go on to play <em>Bold & Beautiful</em>‘s Forrester matriarch, Stephanie, a part she played until deciding to retire in 2012.</p>
<p>One show’s loss is another’s gain! Alexander got her big soap break playing Julie’s rival, Susan Hunter, but once <em>Days of Our Lives</em> dropped the ball in negotiations, <em>General Hospital</em> snatched snatched her up to famously play Laura’s mom, Lesley Webber.</p>
<p>Long before Paulina showed up to romance Abe, her sister, Tamara, pursued the handsome cop. But singing was always McCoo’s first passion, and in 2021, she and hubby Billy Davis Jr. released their first album together since 1978.</p>
<p>After originating the role of Roman Brady, Norhtrop moved over to roles in <em>Dynasty</em> and <em>Port Charles</em>. Eventually, he made his triumphant return to Salem! Kind of. This time, he played Alex North, Marlena’s abusive ex who died after falling over a cliff… Ouch.</p>
<p>It’s been well over a decade since we’ve seen Max, but it hasn’t been nearly that long since spotting Brooks! Shortly after leaving, he brought that mischievous twinkle in his eye to <em>Bold & Beautiful</em> where he’s played Bill and Quinn’s son, Wyatt, ever since!</p>
<p>It’s not often you get a character arc like that of Nick Fallon. He went from high school nerd to twice-murdered, Satanically-raised zombie! (Hey, it happens. At least in Salem!) Luckily, Berris cuts just as fine a figure as the undead as he did in glasses!</p>
<p>Before Greg Vaughan stepped into the role, Jensen Ackles was the first actor to play an adult Eric Brady. Well, mostly adult. Just look at that baby face! Afterwards, Ackles went on to star in approximately 59 seasons of <em>Supernatural</em>! (OK, it was only 15.) Next, you can catch him in Season 3 of ABC’s <em>Big Sky. </em></p>
<p>Before joining the <em>Port Charles</em>/<em>One Life to Live</em>/<em>General Hospita</em>l shared universe to play a whole slew of characters, a then-25-year-old Easton had already mastered the art of the smolder while playing <em>Days of Our Lives</em>’ rebellious Tanner Scofield.</p>
<p>The <em>Real Housewives of Beverly Hills</em> star has been in and out over Salem for over three decades, and she’s still looking as glamorous as ever. Only last year, the lipstick-selling actress brought Billie back for the first go-round of <em>Beyond Salem</em>. </p>
<p>Liz Chandler wasn’t a good friend, but she tried her darndest to be a great lover! After Liz shot rival Marie Horton, Loring left <em>Days of Our Lives</em> to get back to her singing roots. She released seven albums after her soap stint, including a re-recording of her hit, you guessed it, “Friends and Lovers!”</p>
<p>Warlock originated Frankie Brady in the ‘80s, then brought him back in the early 2000s to mix it up with Pinson’s take on Billie Reed. Clearly, fans couldn’t get enough of their faces because the actors did their share of soap hopping, both having stints on <em>Young & Restless</em> and visiting upstate New York — he as <em>General Hospital</em>’s A.J., she as <em>Port Charles</em>’ Eve!</p>
<p>Whether playing a teenage version of John and Marlena’s daughter Belle in Salem or Frisco and Felicia’s feisty offspring Maxie over on <em>General Hospital</em>, it’s clear that the years haven’t dimmed Storms’ radiant smile! </p>
<p>Years after Susan Flannery traded NBC’s <em>Days of Our Lives </em>for CBS’ <em>Bold & Beautiful, </em>Bauer made the reverse trip. Having been much-loved as <em>Young & Restless</em>‘ Lorie, Bauer stepped into Ms. Horton’s high heels in 1993. She would play the role of Jennifer’s mom sporadically until 2021, when Laura died during a confrontation with Gwen. </p>
<p>With successes like <em>Melrose Place</em> and <em>Starship Troopers</em>, Muldoon may have hit it big after originating the role of Billie’s brother Austin, but he never forgot his soap roots — no matter how many alien bugs he squashed! He even brought Austin and his killer hair back after a 16 year break.</p>
<p>Carrie was so adorably wholesome, scheming sis Sami never quite managed to keep Austin from her. What <em>did </em>do it was Peck jumping over to play <em>As the World Turns</em>’ Brad Snyder and <em>One Life to Live</em>’s Rick Powers. But both Peck and Clark returned to their supercouple roots for 2021’s <em>Beyond Salem,</em> looking as cute as ever!</p>
<p>It’s a good thing Fath went from brunette to blonde, because otherwise, we wouldn’t have been sure we’d pulled these photos from far enough apart! But grow up she did, moving over to play<em> One Life to Live</em>‘s Gigi before briefly dropping back into Salem a couple years back to update us on a (slightly) more mature Mimi! </p>
<p>Cook cornered the teen heartthrob market when he appeared as a newly SORASed Shawn before playing doctor on <em>General Hospital</em> as Matt Hunter. These days, he prefers to keep his boyish good looks behind the camera as a film writer, director and producer!</p>
<p>It’s been three decades since Sorel first appeared on <em>Days of Our Lives</em>, but by the time she stepped into Vivian Alamain’s villainous shoes, the actress was already a successful star of film and television. Though she takes it a bit easier these days, Vivian is never far from Sorel’s heart.</p>
<p>Before hitting it big on <em>The Nanny</em>, Shaughnessy was one of <em>Days of Our Lives</em>’ original ISA superspies, Shane Donovan. His hair might be a bit lighter these days, and he may have abandoned the side of the angels to take on a devilish role as <em>General Hospital</em>’s villainous Victor Cassadine, but he’s still got that same impish smile!</p>
<p>It took a little work to find just the right actress to play Stefano’s illegitimate daughter, Lexie, but once they did, there was no looking back. Well, there wasn’t until she died in Abe’s arms! We have to say, though, Jones still makes one beautiful angel! </p>
<p>Let’s face it, as Davidson’s hair staightened out over the years, Kristen DiMera got more and more twisted! Though the actress now spends most of her time playing <em>The Young and the Restless</em>‘ Ashley, she’s made several appearances of late on both <em>Days </em>and its spinoff, <em>Beyond Salem</em>.</p>
Previous in NewsOn the 54th Anniversary of One Life to Live’s Debut, a Tribute to the Brilliance of Agnes Nixon’s ‘Baby’ — and a Photo Album So Full of Memories, It’ll Make You Feel Like You Never Left Llanview
Next in NewsChesapeake Shores Season 6 Preview: It Appears That Abby Has Made Her Choice — and the Lucky Guy Is [Spoiler]