News Roundup: Wedding Secrets, Heartfelt Confessions and the Biggest Stories You Missed Last Week
Plus, one devil of a riddle!
Find out who did what to — or with — whom last week on The Bold and the Beautiful, Days of Our Lives, General Hospital, and The Young and the Restless… plus the latest backstage gossip and real-life news!
The Bold and the Beautiful
Ask any longtime fan of Bold & Beautiful and they’ll tell you that if you wait long enough, history is sure to repeat itself… and it’s beginning to look as if that’s about to happen again! Unless we miss our mark, the Steffy/Liam/Hope triangle is about to be revisited… but this time with a new twist courtesy of Finn.
- Jacob Young’s (ex-Rick) latest character may have bitten the dust, but that doesn’t necessarily mean he’s gone for good. Read what the actor had to say about being killed off from The Walking Dead.
- Annika Noelle is known for keeping her private life largely out of the spotlight. But she recently opened up about an intensely personal — and painful — event in the hope of helping other women who’ve had similar experiences.
Up was down and down was up as Richard found himself rooting for The Bold and the Beautiful’s bad guys this week. Elsewhere, Thomas made a total rich dude move, Bill read from an old script, and Liam joined the wrong team. Read all about it in this week’s Soapbox column.
Days of Our Lives
When Days‘ headwriter Ron Carlivati was asked which actor was providing the voice of Satan, his playful answer led to a guessing game… and wait until you hear some of the outrageous guesses people suggested on Twitter!
- Deidre Hall (Marlena) revealed that playing a possessed woman gives her a special power that none of her co-stars seem able to resist. They don’t seem to be alone either. Learn which primetime star is feeling envious of her.
- As we count down to the return of Sami (and portrayer Alison Sweeney), join us in strolling down Memory Lane via a photo gallery of the character’s messy past.
- Vanessa Williams (Valerie) has landed a role on primetime, but does that mean we won’t be seeing her mixing it up in Salem? We have the details on her daytime status.
Lori was wildly amused by Chad’s impersonation of John, hopes EJ doesn’t ruin things for Chabby, wishes Chloe would dump Philip and ponders Lani’s paternity possibilities in this week’s Days of Our Lives column.
He may have missed the official Mental Health Day, but the issue was still important enough for former GH heartthrob Ryan Paevey (ex-Nathan) to address. The actor shared a video sharing how he dealt with his own depression.
- In response to the passing of talent manager Jenevieve Brewer, Nicholas Alexander Chavez (Spencer) offered a few words of mourning. Read his tribute to the inspiring woman.
- Kelly Monaco loves her fans, but admits that she occasionally vanishes from social media. Why? Check out the actresses’ explanation for her periodic vanishing acts.
- It may not have been intentional, but a tweet from Nancy Lee Grahn (Alexis) spawned an entire online debate about her character’s chaotic love life. Which of her lovers came out on top?
- Cameron Mathison (Drew) shared an update on his cancer status before showing his support for his mother as she deals with her own health issues.
Dustin isn’t exactly enthralled by the fallout from the Nixon Falls story, remains baffled by Spencer’s grudge, was shocked by Jason’s honesty, and notes viewer dissatisfaction with the show’s pacing in the latest General Hospital column.
The Young and the Restless
The biggest event of the week was undoubtedly the Ashtoria wedding and we had it covered with a preview of all the major drama and sneaking around taking place in Italy. But, of course, it wasn’t just about shocking twists, it was also about glamor. If you didn’t catch enough of it on your screen, be sure to check out our gallery of all the killer fashions that were on display. Then get behind-the-scenes details courtesy of the bride’s portrayer, Amelia Heinle (Victoria).
- Among those to show up in Italy for the big wedding were Summer and Kyle, who recently had an (off-screen) ceremony of their own. Is there a chance they could return to Genoa City on a permanent basis?
- On the 36th wedding anniversary of Melody Thomas Scott (Nikki) and Bold & Beautiful producer Edward J. Scott, we take a look back at their real-life love story in a very special gallery.
- Although an accident changed everything in her life, it didn’t stop Mishael Morgan (Amanda) from living her dream. Get the whole unexpected story.
- Sharon Case (Sharon) is unlikely to forget the day that Mark Grossman (Adam) took her out on his motorbike in Arizona. Catch a fleeting glimpse of the couple in the photos and videos they posted.
- Former castmates of one of the show’s most beloved actors joined together to celebrate his 89th birthday. Open up the photo album of Jerry Douglas’ (John) party and take a trip down Memory Lane with the Abbott family.
Candace thought that Victoria and Ashland’s wedding hit some old-school highs, wasn’t thrilled by Nick’s gnarly attitude, finds the writing for Noah rather dry, thought the wedding dress was oversold, and suspects a whodunit could be in the works in her latest The Young and the Restless column.
Now that you’re all caught up on last week’s drama, continue on for a preview of what to expect this week!
- Katie warns Carter about Bill, but does she accidentally reveal something else? Get a look at what’s ahead in the Bold and Beautiful weekly spoiler video.
- John’s been noticing that Marlena hasn’t been herself lately and he’s not the only one. Could it be too late for Julie? Find out in the Days of Our Lives weekly spoiler video.
- Jack stumbles onto Billy’s plans to expose Ashland, Victoria has some important questions for her father, Lauren demands an explanation from Chloe, and Sally kisses Adam in the latest Young and the Restless video spoilers.
Finally, if you’re looking for a little Halloween-costume inspiration, why not turn to the soaps? We’ve put together a ridiculous fun look at some of the best costumes and disguises ever donned by your favorite characters!
<p>In 2015, <em>The Young and the Restless</em>’ Nikki (Melody Thomas Scott) seized the opportunity to let out her inner Mae West. Why she would’ve ever put her inner Mae West back <em>in</em> is a question we are ill-equipped to answer.</p>
<p>In 2003, <em>Days of Our Lives</em> had Elvis — that is, Lucas (Bryan R. Dattilo) — say, “I love Lucy” — that is, Sami (Alison Sweeney). Got all that? ’Cause we’re not sure we do.</p>
<p><em>General Hospital</em> scared up a new look with which Lisa (Brianna Brown) could terrorize Robin (Kimberly McCullough) in 2011. But judging from the latter’s blasé reaction, we’re guessing all she saw in her tormentor’s costume was pie.</p>
<p>In 2016, it was steampunk all the way for <em>Bold & Beautiful</em> trick-or-treaters Caroline (Linsey Godrey, now Sarah on <em>Days of Our Lives</em>) and Thomas (then Pierson Fodé).</p>
<p>We have to gloved-hand it to <em>Young & Restless</em>’ Devon (Bryton James): When it came to his 2017 Michael Jackson costume, nobody could beat it.</p>
<p><em>RuPaul’s Drag Race</em> judge Michelle Visage would’ve had a field day clocking their scruff, but <em>Days of Our Lives</em>’ Chad (Billy Flynn), Sonny (Zach Tinker) and Will (Chandler Massey) still put their best stilleto’d feet forward on <em>Beyond Salem</em> in 2021.</p>
<p>In 2019, <em>General Hospital</em> sent Maxie (Kirsten Storms) and Peter (Wes Ramsey) so far back in time that pigeons had yet to do their business on that headstone.</p>
<p>Here’s the <em>Bold & Beautiful</em> tag team of Sally (Darlene Conley) and Gladys (Phyllis Diller) “plumbing” the depths of their imagination in 2003 to role-play their way into… Well, knowing them, hot water. But that’s rarely the goal.</p>
<p>Knowing how much there was, ahem, at stake, <em>The Young and the Restless</em>’ Billy (Jason Thompson) really sunk his teeth into Halloween in 2019. Hope they weren’t serving garlic dip!</p>
<p>In 1997, <em>Days of Our Lives</em>’ Susan (then Eileen Davidson) was all dressed up with nowhere to go. Then again, where would one go in an outfit that’s so very… um… very.</p>
<p><em>General Hospital</em> let future exes Michael (Chad Duell) and Sasha (Sophia Mattsson) make it up as they went along on Halloween in 2019.</p>
<p>Beneath that flimsy pastel disguise in 2005 was the unimistakable face of <em>Bold & Beautiful</em> knockout Taylor (Hunter Tylo).</p>
<p>In 2003, <em>The Young and the Restless</em> offered a glimpse of what it would look like if it hit Victor (Eric Braeden) with a case of Soap-Opera Rapid-Aging Syndrome.</p>
<p>Even guest star Maureen O’Sullivan had to look away in 1981 when <em>All My Children</em> tried to pass off the sinful Erica Kane (Susan Lucci) as a twisted sister.</p>
<p>Even as he headed out for the evening, <em>General Hospital</em> had Curtis (Donnell Turner) go Holmes for Halloween 2019 — <em>Sherlock</em> Holmes, that is.</p>
<p>In 2009, <em>The Bold and the Beautiful</em> had Owen (Brandon Beemer, now Shawn, <em>Days of Our Lives</em>) <span style="text-decoration: line-through">make</span> throw a pass <span style="text-decoration: line-through">at</span> to Jackie (Lesley-Anne Down) while Pam (Alley Mills) did her best to referee.</p>
<p>That, believe it or not, is <em>Young & Restless</em>’ Phyllis (Michelle Stafford) exceptionally well-disguised in 2005. Wonder if she discovered that blondes really <em>do</em> have more fun.</p>
<p>… we can always tell <em>Days of Our Lives</em>’ Princess Gina (Kristian Alfonso) from Hope. As in this photo from 2012, the royal pain is almost never seen without champagne, a cigarette and a haughty expression.</p>
<p>When <em>General Hospital</em> told <em>A Christmas Carol </em>in 2019, Ava (Maura West), Josslyn (Eden McCoy) and Obrecht (Kathleen Gati) got made over as the ghosts of Christmas future, past and gorgeous. Sorry, <em>present</em> — future, past and present.</p>
<p>Dunno how this picture from 2015 got in here. This is just a shot of the <em>Bold & Beautiful</em> mother/son duo of Quinn (Rena Sofer) and Wyatt (Darin Brooks) on their way to pick up a few things at Piggly Wiggly.</p>
<p><em>Young & Restless</em>’ Nick (Joshua Morrow) only wore one incredibly lifelike mask — to turn him into a replica of ex-brother-in-law J.T. (Thad Luckinbill) — but it sure did the trick. He scared the bejesus out of half of Genoa City; now they all have to take bejesus supplements.</p>
<p><em>Days of Our Lives</em> revealed in 2007 that the DiMera/Brady feud had its origins in… Wait, what? EJ (then James Scott) and Sami (Alison Sweeney) looking like contenders to win second prize in a costume contest?</p>
<p>Cruella de Vil was embodied by <em>General Hospital</em> femme fatale Ava (Maura West) in 2019. But don’t worry: The coat is “foe” fur.</p>
<p>We jest. <em>The Bold and the Beautiful</em> went <em>extra</em> wild and crazy to celebrate Halloween in 2019. Just to be on the safe side, though, let’s keep Douglas (Henry Joseph Samiri) away from the villainess in the previous photo, shall we?</p>
<p>Ironically, the same year that <em>Young & Restless</em>’ Mariah (Camryn Grimes) crossed the borderline with Tessa, she celebrated Halloween looking like a virgin. Well, like Madonna circa her album of the same name, anyway.</p>
<p><em>Days of Our Lives</em>’ recreated 1990s flashbacks in 2020 recast Abigail (Marci Miller) as Jennifer and outfitted her in, if we’re not mistaken, <em>Seinfeld</em>’s infamous puffy shirt.</p>
<p><em>General Hospital</em> fans might guess Todd Manning. Or Franco Baldwin. Or Austin Gatlin-Holt. And they’d be kinda right, because that <em>is</em> Roger Howarth. But this isn’t actually a <em>General Hospital</em> photo but one from <em>As the World Turns</em>, where in 2009, the soap-hopper was playing Paul.</p>
<p><em>Somehow</em> people saw through the cater-waiter disguises that <em>Bold & Beautiful</em> schemers Shirley (Patrika Darbo) and Sally (Courtney Hope) donned in 2017.</p>
<p>No, <em>Young & Restless</em>’ Nick (Joshua Morrow) wasn’t engaging in some Justin Bieber cosplay in 2021, he was working out then-significant other Phyllis’, ahem, kinks as Sven the Masseur.</p>
<p>Has anybody ever more convincingly adopted a devil-may-care attitude than did <em>Days of Our Lives</em>’ Lucas (Bryan R. Dattilo) in 2004? And before you ask, “‘Witch’ character is that with him?” we’ll tell ya: It’s Sami (Alison Sweeney).</p>
<p>Every day was Halloween for <em>Passions</em> sorceress Tabitha (Juliet Mills). And in our heart of hearts, we like to think that it still is.</p>
<p>Close but no cigar. That’s April Knight, the Patty Duke-style lookalike cousin that <em>Bold & Beautiful</em> gave Amber (Adrienne Frantz) in 2003.</p>
<p>As <em>Young & Restless</em>’ Traci feverishly worked on her next novel in 2019, she imagined Lily (Christel Khalil) and Cane (Daniel Goddard) bringing to life her characters in period garb. Not that the garb was period to the characters, they lived in that period. But you knew what we meant… right?</p>
<p>Anyone who looked directly at <em>Days of Our Lives</em>’ possessed Marlena (Deidre Hall) would have gasped, “Jeepers creepers, where’d you get those peepers?” — and promptly taken away from her any and all sharp, stabby implements.</p>
<p>In 2008, <em>Bold & Beautiful</em>’s Bridget (Ashley Jones) threw on a wig and really convinced <span style="text-decoration: line-through">folks</span> herself that she was Madame X, the mysterious new designer hired to doodle gladrags for Jackie (Lesley-Anne Down).</p>
<p>When <em>Young & Restless</em> had Dylan (Steve Burton) infiltrate the Mafia in 2016, the undercover detective changed his whole appearance… a little. But if he’d <em>really</em> wanted to convincingly portray a mobster…</p>
Previous in NewsChesapeake Shores Season Finale Preview: The Scandal Surrounding David’s Family Is Revealed — Plus, Abby Makes a Choice Between Evan and Jay
Next in NewsBig Changes Afoot in Chicago Fire's 200th Episode: Is Casey Really Leaving — and With Brett?!? — Plus, a Huge Turning Point for Cruz