News Roundup: Sexy Secrets, Unexpected Returns and Exciting Previews
Plus, we mark a few very special occasions!
Keep in touch with everything happening in daytime by reading our highlights of all the latest news for The Bold and the Beautiful, Days of Our Lives, General Hospital, and The Young and the Restless in one convenient place
The Bold and the Beautiful
Darin Brooks (Wyatt) was excited to announce that he will be voicing Guy in The Croods: Family Tree, a new animated series for Hulu and Peacock. He also took the opportunity to make a tongue-in-cheek callout to the famous actor whose role he’s taken over.
- Rena Sofer (Quinn) waxed poetic about her beloved partner on his birthday, and you won’t want to miss what she said about him.
- Believe it or not, it’s been 14 years since Heather Tom first debuted as Katie. Her alter ego’s been through a lot in the years since, and we’ve got the photo-filled gallery to prove it!
- Find out what Don Diamont (Bill) did to earn the disapproval of his wife… and how he turned things around.
In this week’s Soapbox column, Richard wonders if Steffy and Finn will really fall victim to Sheila’s fake-out, anticipates a big shocker in the Eric/Quinn/Carter story and credits Shauna — yes, Shauna — with being the smartest person in the room!
Days of Our Lives
In our exclusive chat with Lindsay Arnold, she explains why Tripp seems like the perfect choice for Allie… emphasis on “seems.” But as the actress warns, this story is far from over, and things are about to get complicated!
- Fan fave Eileen Davidson will be appearing on the Days of Our Lives spinoff, Beyond Salem, and we have the details on who she will be playing.
- Get everything else that you could possibly need to know about Beyond Salem, including who stars and how you can watch it, right here.
In this week’s column, Lori labels EJ a bad dad, thinks Chloe’s be more interesting if she stayed single for a while and thinks Nicole might be a good match for [spoiler].
Our hearts go out to Donnell Turner (Curtis) after he was forced to face the unexpected death of his mother. The actor paid a special tribute to one of the strongest women he’s ever known.
- It would be a major understatement to say that Drew Cain has had a complicated life. As we wait for his inevitable escape from prison and return to Port Charles, let us remind you who he’s believed himself to be, what he’s done and more with our photo-packed timeline of his crazy life.s.
- All the pieces seem to be in place for Nathan to return from the dead, but would Ryan Paevey come back? His answer might surprise you!
- Think you know all the different ways Sonny is connected to the canvas? You might be surprised! So the poor guy can be forgiven if even after his memory returns, he forgets a few people. That’s why we’re here with a cheat sheet explaining who’s who in the Corinthos clan.
Dustin weighs in on Cyrus re-emerging and Victor’r resurrection, the unnatural vibe between Finn and Elizabeth and a question that’s been on the minds of many a viewer — who Esme’s father could be — in the latest General Hospital column.
The Young and the Restless
Even if it will only be for a brief visit, fans were thrilled by the news that Michael Mealor (Kyle) and Hunter King (Summer) will be bringing their characters back to Genoa City. But we suspect that something bigger than a visit is in the works. Are wedding bells ringing?
- Now that the baby is finally here, it looks increasingly like one woman is going to have her heart broken, but will it be Abby or Mariah?
- Even as viewers prepare to watch Abby’s world be rocked, portrayer Melissa Ordway found herself dealing with big emotions of her own thanks to.her daughter hitting a major milestone.
- With Phyllis and Sally’s rivalry hitting hilarious new heights, we take a look at 20 of the most intense feuds from Y&R history.
Candace dishes on the delicious happenings at the launch party, welcomes the recent comic relief, senses some romantic shake-ups are in the works and wonders how far off the deep end Mariah will go in her latest The Young and the Restless column.
Want the scoop on what’s coming up for your favorite soaps? Check out these exciting video previews!
- Steffy is horrified as Sheila vows to remain a part of Finn’s life and he takes her side in the Bold and Beautiful weekly spoiler video.
- Ben and Ciara are starting to realize they’re moving at different paces, Julie is shocked after being locked in the freezer, and a pillow fight could be deadly in the Days of Our Lives weekly spoiler video.
- Adam is appalled to learn that his father is trying to keep Sally away from him, and this will have consequences that anger Victor in the latest Young and the Restless video spoilers.
With September finally upon us, NBC’s procedural franchise set in the windy city is due to return and we have reminders on where Chicago Med, Chicago Fire, and Chicago P.D. left off. as well as teasers for what’s in store.
<p>Evil Sheila deserved all the pain that she got after her attempt to murder daughter-in-law Steffy in cold blood resulted in her instead fatally shooting the object of her obsession, her own son. Or so we all thought until, watching through red-rimmed eyes, we discovered that surprise! He’d only died in air quotes.</p>
<p>The much-missed NBC soap may have sealed its own fate, in a way, when it had Cass Winthrop’s true love brutally murdered by the Bay City Stalker in 1996. Fans revolted, and just a few years later, the show itself was as dead as Frankie. (Read <a href="https://soaps.sheknows.com/soaps/news/605697/another-world-anniversary-frankie-frame-winthrop-murder-backstage-soap-opera-scandal/" target="_blank">her portrayer’s response to the twist here</a>.)</p>
<p>They say you never forget your first love. But in our case, we’ll never forget <em>Josslyn’s</em> first love, the sensitive teenager whose life was tragically abbreviated by a brain tumor. Our one consolation: that when he crossed over to the other side, he was escorted by his late grandparents, Edward and Lila.</p>
<p>We might’ve shrugged off Kiki’s demise at the hand of Ryan Chamberlain, had it not been for the horrified reaction of her mother, Ava (who’d inadvertently set her murder in motion). We liked Kiki, don’t get us wrong, especially after Hayley Erin stepped in. But it was Ava’s demonstration of her loss that really made us feel one of our own.</p>
<p>Proof positive that no good deed goes unpunished: Justin’s missus was rushing a pregnant Sarah to the hospital when kaboom! Adrienne was involved in a terrible car accident that set the stage for not only a devastating baby swap but her own untimely demise — <em>and</em> her widower’s relationship with her lookalike!</p>
<p>Chad and his wife thought that they had a bright future ahead of them. And maybe they did. The trouble was, it was also an extremely <em>short</em> future. In 2022, viewers were horrified right along with Chad when he walked into their bedroom and discovered that someone had used Abigail’s body for a Ginsu demonstration.</p>
<p>“Take me home” took on a whole new meaning when Brady’s mom learned that she was dying of pancreatic cancer. She asked husband John to bring her back to her native Italy, then slipped away in his arms after he’d granted her final wish: for one more dance with the man that she so dearly loved.</p>
<p>A random fender bender ended the life of Devon’s true love in 2019. That he got to make her his wife once again before she passed away was cold comfort to both him and viewers, who’d been so invested in their pairing that they’d even looked the other way as they canoodled behind the back of her husband — his adoptive father, the character at No. 4 on this list!</p>
<p>Talk about going out like a hero! Despite his tainted lineage — he was the son of supervillains Faison and Obrecht! — Maxie’s husband died protecting her from his father. And just when you thought the hurt couldn’t go deeper, Maxie named their son James after the dad that he’d never get to meet.</p>
<p>Daytime never had, nor will it have, another like Jeanne Cooper, the born-to-be-an-icon who played Genoa City’s Duchess. So when she died in 2013, there was no question that the loss would be felt deeply — and for years to come. Even now, we have trouble writing about it without sighing like we’re a tire losing air.</p>
<p>It would’ve been sad enough if the living doll had died from the injuries that he sustained during crush Charity’s battle with her zombie doppelgänger, but his portrayer, Josh Ryan Evans, who suffered from a form of dwarfism, passed away on the same day as his on-screen alter ego. And no, even now, we still can’t cope.</p>
<p>The new Mrs. Ridge Forrester was looking forward to a long and happy life with… um… her ex-brother-in-law. (Hey, it’s <em>Bold & Beautiful</em>.) But leukemia had other ideas, reducing their years together to mere days. As they dwindled down, Ridge presented his bride with a collection of charms that — sniffle — represented the wonderful times together that they wouldn’t get to share.</p>
<p>As Devon sat on the stairs of his penthouse and gave in to the grief that surrounded him, so did we, for we knew that this wasn’t just the passing of a beloved character but his portrayer, Kristoff St. John, the Emmy winner whose smile had always made the soap’s set a little bit brighter.</p>
<p>“I see you… oh, Robin, I see you,” sobbed the doomed youth, previously struck blind by his condition. With that, he succumbed to AIDS in the conclusion of what would turn out to be one of the last social-issues storylines that daytime television would be brave enough to tackle.</p>
<p>Guess we can stop holding out for a hero now. In 2015, an inoperable brain tumor knocked Hope’s true love off his bike for good. At least before he slipped away, he and his Fancy Face got to repeat their wedding vows to one another one last time — and in the spot where they shared their first kiss, no less.</p>
<p>There wasn’t a dry eye in the house — or at the Forresters’ Big Bear cabin — when in 2012, the queen bee succumbed to cancer in the arms of Brooke, who’d been as much the daughter she’d never embraced as the nemesis she’d always fought.</p>
<p>“No, no, no, no,” we cried when the CBS soap had Sharon and Nick’s daughter pass away from injuries sustained when she made the mistake of trying to drive drunken crush Daniel home from a party. Neither her folks nor we ever quite recovered, which might explain why Camryn Grimes was eventually rehired to play her former character’s surprise twin, Mariah.</p>
<p>Odds are, if you’ve managed to get this far in the countdown, you’re looking at the photo above though red-rimmed eyes. How could you not be verklempt when, even all these years later, just the thought of Tony and Bobbie’s ill-fated daughter, whose heart still beats in Maxie’s chest, can evoke memories of what is arguably the most poignant moment ever on soaps? Pass the tissues. We’re right there with you.</p>
Previous in NewsOn the Anniversary of His Death From AIDS-Related Lymphoma, a Loving Tribute to the Daytime Trailblazer Whose Fondest Wish Was to 'Influence the Community of Man'
Next in NewsChesapeake Shores Teasers: Sarah Struggles With Unexpected News — Plus, Evan’s Latest Move Keeps Abby on Her Toes