News Roundup: Busting Rumors, Flashing Back and Walking Right Into Thirst Traps
Plus photo galleries galore and more!
Feel like you might have missed some of the recent action? Never fear, we’ve got you covered with highlights of all the latest news for The Bold and the Beautiful, Days of Our Lives, General Hospital, and The Young and the Restless in one convenient place so you can get all caught up… plus, previews for next week’s episodes!
The Bold and the Beautiful
Summer is on the way and the actors of Bold & Beautiful were eager to start heating things up. You won’t want to miss how Tanner Novlan (Finn) and Lawrence Saint-Victor (Carter) teased their fans with photos that proved “the thirst trap is real.”
- There may be some shocking revelations about Vinny’s death on the way now that Jacqueline MacInnes Woods (Steffy) is coming back.
- With Kiara Barnes on her way out, we have an idea for a killer twist that fans wouldn’t expect which would help usher Zoe off the canvas.
- Eric and Quinn’s future may be up in the air, but you’ll love the way her portrayer Rena Sofer wished a happy weird anniversary to her husband.
And poof, just like that, Bold & Beautiful’s Carter and Quinn vanished. In their place? Liam and Hope. And soon to magically re-appear? Steffy! In Richard’s latest Soapbox column, he looks at what went down, what’s coming up…. plus, fine out what the heck Laverne & Shirley have to do with anything.
Days of Our Lives
So try as we might, we couldn’t seem to make Robert Scott Wilson Appreciation Day an official thing. We did, however, put together this awesome photo gallery to celebrate the anniversary of his first appearance in Salem as handsome trouble-magnet Ben Weston!
- As the internet continued to churn out rumors as to why Sarah was written off. Linsey Godfrey set the record straight once and for all.
- Last week marked the 29th birthday of Salem’s own Brady Black… because hey, time works differently in the land of soaps! To honor the very special occasion, we took a look back at some of the many, many events — some wild, many wacky and a few downright heartbreaking — which have made Brady the man he is today.
- Our hearts went out as Martha Madison (Belle) mourned her mom, who just passed away at the age of 69.
- If fan favorites like Eric Martsolf (Brady), Paul Telfer (Xander) and Mike Manning (ex-Charlie) can strip for charity, the very lease we can do is share photos of the action for your enjoyment.
- Speaking of events we want to give you a glimpse of, check out the fun that was had at Camila Banus’ (Gabi) bachelorette party!
Lori is enjoying watching Gwen squirm and hopes it drives her back to being a full-time bad girl, was happy to see Shawn and Belle back in action, and thinks that Kristen might need a rest in the latest Days of Our Lives column.
Ever since Sonny “died” and we were introduced to Mike, we’ve been loving watching Maurice Benard tackle this exciting new challenge. And clearly, Benard is having a blast too… as evidenced by this video he posted mocking Sonny’s predicament.
- He hasn’t even made his first appearance on GH, but Cameron Mathison is already being grilled by his co-stars. Find out how he answered the probing questions put to him by Steve Burton (Jason) and Bradford Anderson (Spinelli).
Dustin has been enjoying the little comedy in the absurd story of Valentin shacking up at the Quartermaine estate, has been impressed by Cyrus’ recent scenes but still can’t invest much in the villain, remains skeptical about Dante and Sam’s chemistry, but thought the Sean Donely tribute was well-done in his General Hospital column.
The Young and the Restless
Many were surprised when news broke that former Young & Restless co-stars Justin Hartley (ex-Adam) and Sofia Pernas (ex-Marisa) had tied the knot. Want to know the whole story that led up to their nuptials? Never fear, we’ve got you covered with this handy-dandy timeline of their relationship.
- Need proof that sometimes, it really is the thought that counts? Take a look at what Jason Thompson (Billy) attempted to do for his wife’s birthday… and how it turned out.
- Fans have made it pretty clear that they desperately miss both Doug Davidson and his much-loved alter ego, Paul Williams. In an attempt to give them at least some of what they want, we put together a photo gallery paying tribute to them both on the anniversary of their first appearance in Genoa City.
- In an incredibly brave moment, Courtney Hope (Sally) opened up about her eating disorder and how it has affected her relationship with fiancé Chad Duell (GH’s Michael).
Finally, Candace knows that Kyle’s life has gone haywire but hardly feels drawn in. However, she is hopeful about Victoria and Ashland’s partnership, was relieved that the dynamic between Nick and Adam has finally changed, and thinks that Chelsea’s possible madness is being played cool in The Young and the Restless column.
Find reasons to tune in this week with all the latest spoilers and speculation for what’s ahead on your favorite soap.
- Brady has finally had enough of Kristen’s toxic obsession with him, but will Kate waking up in a shocking condition be the final nail in the coffin for their relationship? And how will it affect her relationship with Jake now that he’s leapt back into Gabi’s arms? Get more hints in the Days of Our Lives weekly spoiler video.
- Lily and Devon are feeling optimistic, but they may be the only characters whose ambitions aren’t tied to revenge at the moment. Chelsea gets increasingly close to the edge as Adam tells her that he plans to be a father, and Sally attempts to team up with Ashland in the latest Young and the Restless video spoilers.
<p>Back in 1978, Doug Davidson was an aspiring marine biologist and model — what? They can go together! — when he was chosen by <em>The Young and the Restless</em>’ co-creator, the late William J. Bell, to play himbo Paul Williams opposite Erica Hope as naughty Nikki Reed.</p>
<p>Paul’s fling with Nikki (soon enough Melody Thomas Scott) went, as one would expect, down the drain after he gave her an STD. When subsequent girlfriend April Stevens refused his request to have an abortion, the beach bum ran off with Nikki and joined a cult.</p>
<p>Eventually, Paul began to straighten up and fly right, focusing more on his career as a private eye than on his hobby of scoring. Heck, the new and improved Paul didn’t even balk when pop star Danny Romalotti photo-bombed his official gumshoe portrait with partner Andy Richards.</p>
<p>There was no quantity of spare ribs and sauerkraut that Paul’s mom Mary could cook that could’ve dissuaded him from marrying mostly reformed bad girl Lauren Fenmore. He thought that in her, he had found not only real but lasting love. If only she hadn’t had that unstoppable stalker…</p>
<p>For a minute there, Paul thought that he and Lauren were going to get a second chance. But then she went and submitted a photo of him in his birthday suit to a centerfold contest, and well… We’ll just let Mary’s expression sum up the odds of that reunion sticking.</p>
<p>If Mary thought Lauren was bad — and she did — Cassandra Rawlins was worse. The seductress first entangled Paul in an extramarital affair, then got him accused of her husband’s murder while she jetted off and canoodled with her spare loverboy.</p>
<p>After his tumultuous relationships with Lauren and Cassandra, Paul finally gave besotted secretary Lynne Bassett a shot… but wound up ending their romance before it had really even begun because suddenly, his eyes were only for Danny’s ex, lawyer Christine Blair.</p>
<p>While Paul’s new bride spent copious amounts of time working on cases out of town, he busied himself by… Oh, Paul, no. He fell back on old habits like carrying on with the first woman who threw herself at him, in this case, off-kilter client Isabella Brana.</p>
<p>Christine’s engagement to Michael Baldwin, the legal partner who once tried to rape her, drove Paul to… Oh, Paul, no. He freaking assaulted her himself. Somehow, even after that, she returned to town — in disguise, no less — and proved just how rotten coconspirators Michael and Isabella really were.</p>
<p>When Lauren’s old nemesis Sheila Carter returned with a new face — that of her pal, Phyllis Summers — Paul did what the police never seemed able to and threw her behind bars. Which was tough to explain to his new girlfriend, Detective Maggie Sullivan.</p>
<p>Having dated just about every other woman in Genoa City, Paul circled back to Nikki just long enough for him to be reminded that, let’s be real, her heart was only truly ever going to belong to her on-again/off-again husband, Victor Newman.</p>
<p>Paul’s investigation of Genoa City newcomer Mary Jane Benson yielded a most unexpected discovery: She was his unstable sister, Patty. “If he’s such a great detective,” you might wonder, “why didn’t he recognize her?” Ah, she had a new face, you see, courtesy of Victor, who wanted to use her as a weapon against archenemy Jack Abbott.</p>
<p>It seemed altogether <em>too</em> much like old times to Nina Webster when — just like Phillip Chancellor had preferred Christine to her — Paul gave her the heave-ho to reunite with his ex. At least Paul didn’t turn out to have really been gay the whole time he and Nina were together.</p>
<p>With Isabella long gone (RIP), Paul had high hopes of establishing a relationship with their grown son, Ricky. Unfortunately, he turned out to be as unhinged as his mother and, in the end, forced his devastated Dad to put him down to save the life of Michael’s half sister, Eden. (It’s OK; we barely remember her, either.)</p>
<p>In 2013, Paul discovered that Heather (his daughter with April) and Ricky weren’t his only children: At the commune with Nikki all those years ago, the two of them had, erm, <em>communed</em>. The result of their trysts was surprise son Dylan McAvoy.</p>
<p>You would’ve thought that being Genoa City’s chief of police would put Paul in the thick of things. But in recent years, he’s been as hard to find as the title character in a <em>Where’s Waldo</em>? book. Everyone from fans to Eric Braeden (Victor) has expressed their dismay over the character and his portrayer’s vanishing act. Yet they’ve remained “missing persons.” Will that change? Tune in tomorrow…</p>
Previous in NewsChicago Fire’s Stella and Severide Are Blissfully Happy — Which Is Exactly Why the ‘No Survivors’ Season Finale Fills Us With Dread
Next in NewsChicago Med Season Finale Preview: Could Ethan's Shooting Give Him and April One Last Shot? — Plus, Would Natalie *Really* Let Will Take the Rap for Her Crime?