Soaps.com Top 10 Most Annoying Female Soap Characters
A Fun Look At Why These Characters Are Most Annoying.
Everyday the messages boards heat up with the fans discussions on the lives of their favorite and not-so-favorite soap opera characters. Ophelia’s is sharing some of the top rants as they bash the characters that are annoying them to no end.
10. Hope Logan was “The Bold and the Beautiful’s” symbol of class, purity and the actual spokesperson for promoting family values and abstinence. Hope’s view against pre-marital sex and virtue won over fans when Brooke accidentally had sex with Hope’s boyfriend Oliver. The poster child for virginity until someone puts a ring on it, Hope suddenly abandoned her stance against premarital sex when she moved in with married man, Liam Spencer. Fans have completely lost hope in Hope who has become a whiny, anxiety magnet who has resorted to pill-popping in order to cope with the pressures of her “adulterous” actions.
9. Harmony Hamilton was first introduced to Genoa City as Yolanda through the eyes of troubled teen, her son Devon Hamilton who was adopted by Neil and Drucilla Winters after Devon had fallen victim to the foster care system. Later, it was revealed that Yolanda’s drug addictions also resulted in her abandoning Devon’s younger sister, Anna. Once clean and sober, she relapsed and hit on Neil, and disappeared again. Recently, after learning that the truth about her son’s biological dad had been revealed, Yolanda returned to Genoa City as Harmony who is now clean and sober, and sporting a new outlook on life. Unfortunately, the new and improved version is irking “The Young and the Restless” fans with her over-the-top mannerisms, loud talking and her inability to resist flirting with and kissing married man, Neil. Fans are becoming annoyed with Harmony’s unusual need to burst into dance, thus, making people around her wonder, “Are you high, Harmony?”
8. Daisy Carter ingratiated herself into the youth of Genoa City by befriending Daniel Romalotti and Abby Newman as fellow classmates. After becoming “friends” with Lauren, she drugged her, kidnapped, imprisoned and tortured Lauren supposedly only because she was being controlled by Lauren look-alike, Sarah Smythe who was Shelia Carter’s sister. Once it was revealed that Daisy was in fact Shelia’s daughter, fans were incensed when Daisy later drugged and raped Daniel resulting in her becoming pregnant with baby Lucy who was delivered by Daniel. After the delivery, the dastardly Daisy physically attacked Daniel left him for dead, and abandoned infant Lucy. “The Young and the Restless” fans are beside themselves with anger now that Daisy has been released from prison, regained custody of baby Lucy and is living as if she is an influential member of society.
7. Sami Brady Hernandez is one person that “Days of Our Lives” fans love to talk about on a regular basis as they find it hard to forget Sami’s long list of misdeeds which include her kidnapping her baby sister, Belle, and changing Belle’s paternity test to show that Roman, not John Black was her father. Sami drugged and raped Austin, shot and castrated Alan Harris, falsely accused Lucas of abusing Will, tampered with Lexi’s paternity test, blackmailed Lexi into convincing Sami’s sister, Carrie Reed, that her children would be deformed, and she cheated on her husband, Rafe Hernandez with EJ Wells DiMera the man who raped her. EJ is also the man she shot in the head after learning that he had kidnapped her daughter and told Sami she was dead. Because of Sami’s self-centered and utter selfishness, she will remain as one of the most bashed characters.
6. Carly Corinthos Jax slid into “General Hospital’s” Port Charles with the sole purpose of extracting revenge on her mother for giving her up for adoption. After sleeping with Bobbi Spencer’s husband and destroying their marriage, Carly was well on her way to securing her role as one of the fans’ favorite person to bash. Among other deeds, Carly shot her ex, Tony Jones, pushed Courtney Matthew’s car off a cliff, set fire to Ric Lansing’s apartment, and had sex with Sonny while married to Jax. Deeming Sonny Corinthos as unfit to parent their sons, she pressured him into relinquishing his parental rights. Fans are seething that Carly is now justifying her decision to hook-up with Sonny’s mortal enemy Johnny Zaccharra. Carly’s self-righteous, self-absorbing personality will forever place her as the fans’ target for bashing.
5. Sharon Newman was once "The Young and the Restless" fan favorite because of her warm and embracing nature. Now, fans are sickened by her ability to share her love with every man that flashes his pearly whites at her. Sharon is guilty of abandoning her children and family for a number of reasons usually leading her into the arms of another man. She had an affair with Cameron Kirsten during her "I-must-find-myself" trip to Denver. She "killed" Cameron who followed her to Genoa City after he assaulted and terrorized her. She had sex with Brad Carlton while he was married to Victoria. When Sharon became pregnant, the fans were thrown into a frenzy because it set off a delicious who’s the daddy scandal featuring Sharon’s husband, Jack Abbott, his brother Billy, and her ex-Nick Newman. Fans are quick to point out that Sharon’s insatiable appetite for men contributed to the decline Genoa City once upon a time sweetheart who is warmly remembered for her trip around the city as an unsuspecting kleptomaniac. Sharon was on the path to redemption when Adam Newman stole her newborn daughter, blackmailed a doctor into telling her that the baby was dead and giving the child to Ashley Abbott. That path to redemption was destroyed as fans watched their beloved Sharon turn her back on Faith and Nick, the love of her life, in favor of Adam. In total disgust and disbelief, fans are beside themselves now that Sharon is pursuing an intimate relationship with Victor Newman her children’s grandfather and her long-time father figure.
4. Carrie Reed has the "Days of Our Lives" fans ticked off because she appears above judgment when it comes to her misdeeds in comparison to her sister Sami who is always at the center of Carrie’s judgment. Carrie, a serial cheater, cheated on Austin with Mike Horton and moved with him to Israel after divorcing Austin. While married to Lucas, Carrie had an affair with Austin and has recently locked lips with Sami’s husband, Rafe who Carrie is developing strong feelings for. Fans are not happy with Mrs. Reed and are ready for her to disappear.
3. Brooke Logan Forrester’s name always triggers a lively discussion amongst "The Bold and the Beautiful" fans because she usually finds a way to settle things in Brooke’s bedroom. Not a day goes by that a fan makes a point to highlight her knack for turning up the heat on the "Bold and the Beautiful." Her manipulations began when she tried to come between Ridge and his first love Caroline Spencer. Among many other deeds, she hid the truth that Ridge’s wife, Taylor was alive, kidnapped Rick and Bridget, kept Thomas’ true paternity from Ridge, and faked a pregnancy and miscarriage in her quest to keep Ridge hooked. When Brooke slept with her daughter Bridget’s husband and became pregnant with his child, Brooke sealed her fate as one of the fans’ most bashable characters. Fans are quick to remind us that not only has Brooke dilly-dallied with practically every man in town, she has married all of the Forrester men. Fans believe that Brooke is to blame for her daughter Hope’s emotional and sexual issues since Brooke had accidental sex with Hope’s boyfriend, Oliver.
2. Stephanie Forrester has been a longtime topic of discussion amongst fans because of her unbelievable ability to interfere in her children’s lives. Stephanie doesn’t stop short of violence when it comes to "saving" her family. She covered up Thorne’s shooting of Ridge, attempted to kill Brooke, faked a heart attack to reunite Ridge with Taylor and away from Brooke, and held Brooke and gunpoint and tried to get her to commit suicide. Stephanie was responsible for Andy Johnson raping Brooke, and has refused to maintain an intimate relationship with her husband Eric. "The Bold and the Beautiful" fans recognize that Stephanie always believes her actions are justified but they can’t help but become frustrated by her controlling manipulations.
1. Dr. Taylor Hayes Jones’ biggest annoyance to fans is that she is a glutton for punishment. For years, "The Bold and the Beautiful" fans have watched Dr. Taylor allow Ridge Forrester to ping pong back and forth between her and Brooke Logan. He has left her at the alter at least two times – running into Brooke’s waiting arms. Quick to call Brooke on her inappropriate sexual escapades, Taylor once had an affair with Brooke’s much younger son, Rick which led to an engagement. While married to Ridge, Taylor deflowered her friend and fellow psychiatrist Dr. James Warrick. While driving drunk, Taylor was responsible for hitting Darla Forrester and later allowing Darla’s grieving widower, Thorne to fall in love with her without revealing her crimes. After a great deal of effort, Taylor became pregnant via invitro fertilization but later rejected her son because she learned that Brooke’s egg was accidentally fertilized with Nick’s sperm. While married to Whip Jones, Taylor suddenly realized that she was still in love with Ridge. The main reason fans are annoyed with Taylor is because she is supposed to be a highly regarded Psychiatrist.
Did we miss anyone? Please free to add to your list by posting your ideas in the comments section. We love hearing from you.
We'll be back with part two - the most annoying male characters in soaps!
We invite you to join us on Twitter @soapoperafan, and Facebook. Come tweet and Facebook with us about "Days of our Lives," all the other soap operas, "Dallas," "Glee," "Grey’s Anatomy," "Scruples," "Vampire Diaries," and "Venice The Series."
- Ophelia Thomas