All My Children & One Life To Live To Migrate Online. (Updated.)
Please view Prospect Park To Migrate AMC And OLTL Online for all current updates on the upcoming reboots.
Updated on November 23:
Sadly, there’s been a change of plans and Prospect Park Has Suspended Online Migration of All And Children And One Life To Live.
Previously Reported on November 4:
There are heavy rumors circulating stating that Prospect Park is in talks with the Bravo network about possibly airing episodes on television after their initial internet launch.
Soaps.com will update readers with any new developments and an official statement from Prospect Park if or when it’s released.
Previously Reported on September 27:
Find out where the soaps will air through Prospect Park Announces THE Online Network. Prospect Park has not released any further details on this, but please stay tuned!
Updated September 6:
Prospect Park announces Which OLTL stars are moving to the online format.
Updated on August 16:
Soaps.com has received word from Prospect Park that former VeriSign Chairman, Radar Partners’ Stratton Sclavos is joining the new television online network formed by Jeff Kwatinetz and Rich Frank.
“With a best in class team, proprietary programming and an opportunity to reshape the television landscape, I could not be more excited to be joining Jeff and Rich in their new venture,” said Sclavos who will also continue with his responsibilities at Radar Partners. “I believe that we have the breakthrough formula for delivering the first online channel for high quality, first-run, long form content.”
Through its new online network, Prospect Park will produce and deliver the two long-running soap operas as well as other episodic programming to consumers via online formats and additional emerging platforms including internet enabled television sets.
“Stratton has a deep understanding of the complicated opportunities and challenges facing content companies in this digital age. He shares with us a common commitment and vision to not only deliver audiences great content anytime and anywhere, but to truly transform the entertainment landscape using the ease of technology to tell and deliver stories to people around the world,” said Jeff Kwatinetz and Rich Frank.
Previously Reported on August 15:
Soap Opera Network is reporting that Prospect Park ‘quietly confirmed’ that both “All My Children” and “One Life To Live” will air online on Monday January 16, 2012.
Soaps.com reached out for confirmation but a Prospect Park spokesperson stated, “Prospect Park has not confirmed an official launch date for the shows. Any reports claiming otherwise are incorrect.”
Previously Reported on August 4:
According to Deadline, there are mutterings that “Prospect Park is meeting with cable networks to discuss — both big-tent, general entertainment networks and female-centered nets — about TV sales of the two series and is getting interest. Under its agreement with ABC, Prospect Park has the right to carve out a traditional TV window, which, at least for now, is expected to come after the episodes premiere online.”
Same day [July 7] update.
This is the press release sent to us by Disney.
ABC Licenses its iconic soaps “All My Children” and “One Life To Live” to Prospect Park.
Exclusive multi-year, multi-platform deal allow the soaps’ stories to continue beyond their final airdates on ABC.
Burbank, CA – July 7, 2011 – ABC has licensed its iconic soaps, “All My Children” and “One Life to Live” to Prospect Park. It was announced today by Brian Frons, President, Daytime, Disney/ABC Television Group & Janice Marinelli, President, Disney/ABC Domestic Television and Rich Frank and Jeff Kwatinetz of Prospect Park. The exclusive multi-year, multi-platform deal enables the soaps’ stories to continue beyond their finale dates on ABC. ABC will broadcast its final episode of “All My Children” on Friday September 23 and will air the final episode of “One Life to Live” in January 2012.
The licensing agreement, brokered by Disney/ABC Domestic Television Group, enables Prospect Park to continue production of “All My Children” and “One Life to Live” beyond their life on ABC. Prospect Park will produce and deliver the two long-running programs to consumers via online formats and additional emerging platforms including internet enabled television sets. Under the terms of the arrangement, the programs will continue to be delivered with the same quality and in the same format and length. Additional details of the new productions and tune-in will be forthcoming from Prospect Park.
“We are privileged to continue the legacy of two of the greatest programs to air on Daytime television, and are committed to delivering the storylines, characters and quality that audiences have come to love for over 40 years. “All My Children” and “One Life to Live” are television icons, and we are looking forward to providing anytime, anywhere viewing to their loyal community of millions,” said Frank and Kwatinetz. “Technology changes the way the public can and will view television shows. Now that there are so many devices available in addition to television sets, viewers are taking advantage of watching shows wherever they are and on any number of devices. The driving force in making the switch and attracting new audiences is to have outstanding programs that people want to watch. We believe that by continuing to produce the shows in their current hour format and with the same quality, viewers will follow the show to our new, online network.”
“”All My Children” and “One Life to Live” are iconic pieces of television history that captivated millions of fans since their beginning over 40 years ago,” said Frons. “Each of the shows have made an indelible mark on our culture’s history and informed our consciousness in their own way. We are so glad Prospect Park has assumed the mantel for these shows and that they will continue for the fans.”
Marinelli continued, “From the time the shift in the Daytime strategy was announced, our hope was to find a new home for these treasured shows. We are thrilled to license them to Prospect Park so the stories of life in Pine Valley and Llanview can continue to be told for the passionate and loyal fans that enjoy watching each day.”
“I’m just so happy that ABC found a home where the legacies of “All My Children” and “One Life to Live” can continue. I’m excited for their future with Prospect Park,” added Agnes Nixon, creator of both “All My Children” and “One Life to Live.” “It takes a lot of living to make a soap opera a serial, and the wonderful teams on both shows have done just that. Together, we are a big family that keeps going, and I’m looking forward to working alongside these wonderful people as we ensure that the shows will continue with all the love and excitement we’ve always had. I also am so happy for our loyal fans, whom we love so much, and who have been so supportive over the last 40 plus years.”
Prospect Park is a media and production company founded in 2009 by entertainment industry veterans Jeffrey Kwatinetz and former Disney Studios head Rich Frank. Along with successful film and music divisions, the company’s television group has numerous shows in development and breakout network hits airing, including “Royal Pains” and “Wilfred.”
In April, ABC announced that it was expanding the focus of its Daytime lineup to include more programming that is informative and authentic and centers on transformation, food and lifestyle. “The Chew,” an innovative and groundbreaking daily talk show that celebrates and explores life through food, will premiere on September 26. “The Revolution,” a daily show about health and lifestyle transformations, will replace “One Life to Live” in January 2012.
The New York Post is reporting that Disney ABC has sold the online rights to “All My Children” and “One Life To Live.” The deal was allegedly made with the TV, film and music company Prospect Park. If all goes as planned, both soap operas will pick up where they left off, after leaving ABC, and will transfer to a new, yet-to-be named TV focused online network to include the same casts.
Founded in 2008, executives Rich Frank, a former Disney Studios boss, and Jeff Kwatinetz, both executive producers of USA’s “Royal Pains,” run Prospect Park. The final stages of funding for the company’s new venture expect to be finalized in the next 30 to 45 days. Claims state that other financial backers are involved as well and the two soaps are the first of many brand-named shows expected to be involved in the Hulu-style network.
Neither Disney nor Prospect Park has replied with confirmation. Soaps.com has contacted the studio for a quote and will keep readers updated as this story develops.
View our earlier report regarding ABC's initial decision through ABC Refuses Offers To Buy All My Children And One Life To Live?