Jonathan Lavery (as played by Jeff Branson on All My Children)
* Marital Status - Estranged (Lily Montgomery)
* Abused girlfriend, Larraine Rossiter.
* Placed on probation for assault with instructions to undergo anger management.
* Attempted murder - Shot his brother, Ryan.
* Poisoned Greenlee with an anti-psychosis drug.
* Slapped Maggie Stone during an argument.
* Murdered Edmund Grey.
* Murdered his brother, Braden Lavery.
* Murdered Steve, a bodyguard hired to protest Greenlee and Lily.
* Kidnapped Greenlee and Lily (and later Kendall) and forced them into a cave.
* Held Greenlee, Kendall and Lily at gunpoint and forced them into a line where he locked them behind an iron gate.
* Presumed dead April 14, 2005 when a bomb exploded in an old mine.
* Revealed to be alive on August 23, 2005
* Diagnosed with a brain tumor which was successfully removed.
* Shot and killed Annie McDermott's husband for trying to rape Lily.
* Slept with Amanda Dillon while trying to get over losing Lily.
Jeff Branson (June 15, 2004 - 2008)
Jonathan showed up in Pine Valley, at Fusion, looking for Ryan Lavery. Simone flirted with him, but he ended up being seduced by Kendall in an effort to make Ryan jealous. What she didn't know was that he was Ryan's younger brother.
Ryan, holding Kendall responsible, forgave his brother and the two became acquainted again. Jonathan shared that he had graduated from law school, and Ryan offered him a job at Fusion. However, after botching up some financial deals, Greenlee discovered that Jonathan had never completed his degree, and told Ryan. Again Ryan let it slide and Jonathan continued working for Cambias Enterprises and Fusion.
Jonathan became romantically linked with Maggie Stone, but he began having horrible bouts of flaring temper. Despite trying to make the relationship work, after too many times of being hit, Maggie left. Jonathan spiraled out of control, kidnapped Greenlee, Lily and Kendall and held them in a cave not far from where he had hidden his brother, Braden's body. For months prior, Jonathan had tried to convince Greenlee that Braden was her stalker, but the truth was revealed. Jonathan had been the one trying to kill her. There was an explosion at the mine, and Jonathan was presumed killed. He later turned up alive and well, living with sister, Erin, but was completely delusional.
A subsequent medical examination showed that Jonathan had a brain tumor that affected his behavior. After surgery, his personality changed and he became somewhat mentally challenged. The people of Pine Valley were none to quick to forget his transgressions or accept the reason for them, but he was determined to make amends.
Because of his condition, he found friendship with autistic, Lily Montgomery. Her father, Jackson, was opposed to Jonathan having anything to do with his daughter, and sent her away to school. Jonathan found Lily, and the two married before coming back to Pine Valley. Jonathan began having severe headaches and ended up in the hospital. He had suffered a blow to the head while in New York, and the trauma caused him to return to normal. Knowing the truth would end his relationship with Lily, whom he really loved, he swore Erin to secrecy and continued to act as he had before. Jackson overheard Jonathan having a 'normal' conversation with his sister, and revealed the truth to Lily, ending her relationship with Jonathan. When Jonathan saved Lily from being raped by Thompson McDermott, a perverted molester, Jackson became indebted to him and tried to get his daughter to take Jonathan back, but Lily couldn't accept their differences.
Jonathan was just beginning to accept the loss of Lily in his life when he was dealt another heartbreaking blow. His sister, Erin, was found murdered on the rooftop of the Fusion building, just a short time after Simone, another member of the Fusion team was found dead in the office.
Jonathan and Ryan worked closely to save the Fusion women; it turned out that Alexander Cambias was the killer. Soon after, Lily's lookalike sister, Ava, arrived in town. She and Jonathan fought hard to resist their attraction but gave in and began to have an affair. Lily was crushed when she learned of it but did forgive them.
Jonathan tried to make Ava see that she didn't have to be hard and tough but Ava was too damaged from her life before Pine Valley; she used their engagement to further her modeling career and left town. Jonathan left town, too, to start fresh.