Billy Clyde Tuggle (as played by Matthew Cowles on All My Children)
* Operated a prostitution ring.
* Drugged Benny Sago and Estelle and locked them in coffins.
* Tried to kill Dr. Chuck Tyler with a shovel.
* Tried to kill Donna and make it look like a suicide.
* Kidnapped Dixie Martin and tried to make her his wife.
* Thought dead in a bridge explosion.
* Bought Cortlandt Manor after winning the lottery.
* Donated a large sum of money to the Miranda Center.
Matthew Cowles (1977 – present)
Billy Clyde Tuggle moved his prostitution ring to Pine Valley in 1977. His hottest ticket was Estelle La Tour, whom he kept drugged. He became obsessed with her friend Donna but she married the prominent Chuck Tyler.
Billy Clyde continued to scheme to make Donna his. He married Estelle and took her off the streets to buy her silence. Meanwhile, Billy Clyde sensed her connection with Benny Sago and tried to bury them alive. Chuck saved them and Billy Clyde went to jail.
When Billy Clyde was released years later he returned to Pine Valley and opened the Cyclops Disco under the name John Rockefeller. A young woman named Emily Ann Sago worked there and Billy Clyde revealed that he and Estelle, not Donna and Benny, were her real parents.
While Billy Clyde got better acquainted with his daughter, he became obsessed with Dixie Martin. He kidnapped her and planned to make her his wife but Emily saved her.
Billy Clyde agreed to give up Dixie but later lured Tad to a bridge on the day that Tad and Dixie planned to remarry. Billy Clyde set off an explosion and both were presumed dead. Tad later was found alive.
Billy Clyde returned to Pine Valley in May 2013, running another prostitution ring. After winning the lottery, he gave the business to one of his girls and bought Cortlandt Manor and donated a large sum of money to the Miranda Center, where Dixie is the director.
Emily Ann Sago (daughter)