The Young and the Restless - NEWS ROOM

In our 'The Young and the Restless' News Room, Soaps.com keeps you up-to-date with the latest Soap Opera news on the net. We also feature interviews with the soap stars, as well as local appearances by the actors and actresses.

Braeden & Linder on Hollywood Walk Of Fame

Monday, July 02 2007

Eric Braeden and his star! (CBS)
    Although The Young and the Restless just celebrated receiving their 100th daytime Emmy Award, co-stars Eric Breaden (Victor Newman) and Kate Linder (Esther Valentine) have something else to be excited about – getting stars on the
    Hollywood Walk of Fame!

While Eric will be honored with his star on Hollywood Boulevard on Friday July 20, 2007, after celebrating forty-six years in television and film, Kate won’t receive hers until sometime in 2008. Not only does Y&R have the great pleasure of being daytime’s number one rated drama, they are also very proud to have the cast and crew who make it all possible!

Kate Linder (CBS)
    Soaps.com wants to congratulate Eric and Kate on this exciting news! We’ll be so proud to see your names among some of the most famous actors and actresses in Hollywood!

To learn more about Eric and his career please visit his website at
    Eric Braeden.com! Also, don’t forget to check out Kate and all she’s accomplished, both onscreen and through her many charities, at
    Kate Linder.com!

Posted by smpamsc at Monday, July 02 2007 05:08 PM

congrats you two are great actors

Posted by TRIUMPH at Monday, July 02 2007 07:39 PM

DEAR WRITER OF THE Y/R I KNOWN I JUST ONE VIEWER PUT IT MANY OF US. WHO SHOW THE Y/R WE ALL HAVE SAME OPIONS ON THE SHOW.CAN YOU CHANGE BETTER PLOT WHEN WILL NIKKI GET HER FOR THE WAY SHE TREATED PHILLIS.AND THE WAY VICKI TREATED HER ALSO. WHEN DID SHARON BECOME SUCH A SAINT WHEN.AND WE KNOWN SAYING PHILLIS IS A GOODED TWO SHOE BUT I ALWAYS ENJOYED HER ACTING.LET NICK GET HIS MEMORY BACK WHEN THEY FELL IN LOVE.THEY LOOK GOOD TOGETHER.

Posted by Amy_Soaps.com at Tuesday, July 03 2007 03:17 AM

Please refrain from posting in all caps. Thank you!

Amy
    Y&R Editor

Posted by angelbabyann at Tuesday, July 03 2007 09:28 AM

First, congratulations Eric and Kate; I enjoy your acting. Second, this is for the writers of Y&R:
    I totally agree with TRIUMPH. NO ONE in your writing group takes values seriously and what kind of message does that leave your viewing audience? My husband and I both agree that IF you continue to throw people together and rip them apart we will discontinue viewing your show. Nick and Phyllis were made for each other and they have a rapport that no one else seems to have other than J.T. and Vicki and Lauren and Michael. Nicki and Victor both deserve each other, they have become a one of a kind with their evil remarks and their evil ways. Brad deserves NOT to be happy ever with anyone (nothing personal Don). There is so much deceit on your show it is disgusting. And what amazes both of us in our home is NO ONE calls on God UNLESS there is trouble within their own families. As for Sharon, I totally agree she is the one person that is NOT a Saint but sure thinks she is. Either clean up her attitudes or get rid of her. Her marriage to Nick was over long ago and it sure would be nice if Nick remembers Phyllis and what she means to him and return to his happiness and that great smile she brings to his face. I'm so tired of everyone putting Phyllis down, she is a wonderful actor and it is just terrible that you see fit to drag her down even more. When a person has a life changing attitude they should STAY that way; it is high time that Nick finds out how his own family members have made her life miserable. Given how your writing has gone in the past few years, it is no wonder that the children that grow up on your show turn out to be the selfish snobs they portray. Get with it!!!!

Posted by momoluvsjack at Wednesday, July 04 2007 06:07 AM

Dear Writers..I could not DISAGREE more with the last post from angelbabyann..The only two people who truly belong together and aren't are Phyllis and Jack..I think that The so-called chemistry between Nick and Phyllis is a joke!!!It was no more than sex..and more sex..and she was a diversion from his greif over Cassie..I have never liked those two together on there and they do not compare with the relationship and true love that Nick and Sharon had...No, Sharon is no Saint but no one on that show is as in real life no one is either...Marriages go through stuff and nick and Sharon always weathered them...I hope and pray as a fan that you guys see the light and have Jack turn out to be Summer's father and then let things be as they should...If Sharon is in love with Brad then let that be and get Nick the heck away from Phyllis!!!!!

Posted by ilovemysoaps at Wednesday, July 04 2007 10:16 AM

okay...well i really disagree with triumph & angelbabyann, this is what makes people continue to watch it! this has been going on for years and it keeps everyone in suspense, i would like sharon & nick together, but i know whats going on right now is just a tease...and i know that if they dont get back together, i will continue to watch the show know matter how much i "hate it". so i think youre doing a good job writing, keep doing what youre doing, that keeps everyone hooked! ive been watching the show for over 15 years...besides YOU are the writers, these people are just people who get mad when things dont go there way, you obviously have that job for a reason...

Posted by 4Aces at Friday, July 06 2007 12:20 AM

I agree with both momoluvsjack and ilovemysoaps. I have watched the show since Nick and Sharon were first aired so I feel like I have weathered the ups and downs with them as many fans have and they were the reason I became a fan of the show. I would love to see them back together. Phyllis has always been 'the other woman'. However, Jack and Phyllis truly belong together.

Congratulations to Eric Braeden and Kate Linder! You are wonderful actors!

Posted by nizzy at Thursday, July 12 2007 12:38 PM

diffinately two of my favorite yandr pplz
    well deserved!
    congrats!!

Posted by jeanniedare at Friday, July 13 2007 08:02 AM

WRITERS//
    Give us a break-- The way things are going now the show should be called what eles can the Fishers get away with. Bring Gloria and Kevin to an end. Enough is enough. Be a little more real. How long do you think they would get away with Murder, Computer hacking,and any thing else they want to in the real world .PLEASE BRING IT TO AN END

Posted by bonifay at Friday, July 20 2007 11:00 AM

congratulations to Kate and Eric I love you both
    as for my opion I'm with TRIUMPH all the way Phyliss has been no saint (but we would not like her if she were) but Sharon has not either but she acts as if she were (the characters) but I like Nick with Phyliss and don't care about sharon and Jack being together or not