The Young and the Restless - NEWS ROOM

In our 'The Young and the Restless' News Room, Soaps.com keeps you up-to-date with the latest Soap Opera news on the net. We also feature interviews with the soap stars, as well as local appearances by the actors and actresses.

Tammin Sursok: The New Colleen!

Thursday, June 21 2007

Tammin Sursok as Colleen (Soaps.com)
    Fans have been in an uproar since Soaps.com brought you the June 19, 2007 news that Adrianne Leon (Colleen Carlton) had been abruptly let go from The Young and the Restless. Although we still don't know what brought on this sudden move to dismiss the fan favorite from the soap's lineup, we are even more shocked to hear that the role of Colleen has already been recast!

Tammin Sursok is set to be in the studio for her first taping on June 26, 2007 and will be seen on air as the new Colleen on July 30, 2007!

Born in South Africa, but raised in Australia, although she'll be the new kid in town, Tammin is no stranger to soaps. She appeared in the Australian soap Home and Away to which she won the Logie Award in 2001 for best new female talent! Fellow Aussie, Daniel Goddard (Cane Ashby), also appeared on the soap. She also had her first album released back in May 2005 titled "Whatever It Will Be."

Soaps.com wants to wish Tammin the best in her new role and hope the fans, although extremely hurt by the loss of Adrianne, will give this new starlet the respect she deserves!

To learn more about Tammin and her career, please visit her
    Official website!

Posted by jalayneg at Thursday, June 21 2007 06:36 AM

I didn't really like the current Colleen anyway. I wish they would bring the old one back!!

Posted by ..NOT ready to make nice at Thursday, June 21 2007 07:44 AM

Couldn't agree more.. I hated the current Colleen.. Ii'm sure she'll do better than the one they have on the show now..!!

Posted by phickerfan at Thursday, June 21 2007 07:51 AM

i can't wait for the new colleen to come! congrats on the role... Tammin Sursok! ur going to do awesome! i really didn't like adrianne leon she didn't hit the target for me but anywaz good job.

Posted by evilauntiejan at Thursday, June 21 2007 08:18 AM

I think that Tammin will have a real challenge in making a "NEW Colleen".................all great actresses can do it.....and Adrianne Leon was a great actress..........frankly Eyal Podell would make any actress a great one, because he is such a great actor. I think Kevin will really like this "new" Colleen..........good luck to all three actors with this new challenge

Posted by Amy_Soaps.com at Thursday, June 21 2007 10:50 AM

Please refrain from bashing the actors and actresses of Y&R. It goes against Soaps.com guidelines and all votes in question will be deleted!

Thank you!
    Amy
    Y&R Editor

Posted by sheraah at Thursday, June 21 2007 11:11 AM

I hope they didn't replace Adrianne because she wasn't a skinny mini. I am disappointed both in her being let go and being recast so soon. I do however, wish both Adrianne and Tammin the best.

Posted by less at Thursday, June 21 2007 11:12 AM

I'm going to miss Adrianne, I think she is a beautiful girl & a great actress other wise we wouldn't have hated her caracter so much. I hope that all the negative comment's about her weight had nothing to do with her being let go. If that was the reason then Y&R should be ashamed when young girls have enough problems with self image without this happening. Adrianne if you read this, I think your great & I'll miss you. Your a very beautiful girl & I wish you the best.

Posted by Amy_Soaps.com at Thursday, June 21 2007 11:33 AM

We don't know why Adrianne was let go, so, please, lets not make assumptions.

Thank you!
    Amy
    Y&R Editor

Posted by curlyfro at Thursday, June 21 2007 12:17 PM

i'm glad that i registered to this site. it's really like watching it on tv. these people are all in to so much crap. i love it. when is jack going to be found out about cheating gloria out of her husbands wish for her to be rich? everything is so juicy; you know? does any one think that vikki looks like a man in drag? oh well..i do. loving reading the updates every day. thanks a bunch.

Posted by serena101 at Thursday, June 21 2007 12:24 PM

I'll miss Adrienne badly. She went perfectly with Adrian Korbel. Tammin really wouldnt... or would she?
    We'll just have to see then!

MORE COMMENTS: 1 2 3 4 5 » »| page: