The Young and the Restless - NEWS ROOM

In our 'The Young and the Restless' News Room, Soaps.com keeps you up-to-date with the latest Soap Opera news on the net. We also feature interviews with the soap stars, as well as local appearances by the actors and actresses.

The Young and the Restless Video Clip: Phillip's Reason!

Monday, July 06 2009

On Tuesday's episode of The Young and the Restless, Phillip (Thom Bierdz) finally tells Nina (Tricia Cast) the whole reason behind his disappearance. Check out the sneak peek below!

Those outside the US can see this clip on our sister site, Soap Opera Fan Blog! Are you enjoying the return of Phillip to the show? Share your thoughts, within our posting guidelines, in the comment section below!

Posted by JoplinSell at Monday, July 06 2009 09:41 AM

As a gay man, while I do not like that Phillip had to fake his own death to hide his shame of being gay...I think this is a wonderful storyline...I've been watching Y&R since I was 8 years old and finally with Rafe and Phillip there are characters I feel I can relate too. Bravo to the writers of Y&R for being brave enough to show diversity. I know some people out there will have issues with it, but I can tell you that I think Share-a-bed's romping around GC and her lying about who the father of her baby is to me is more horrible than having gay characters.

Posted by Oreo123 at Monday, July 06 2009 11:52 AM

Well done!!!!

Posted by Nmbr1Tebowfan at Monday, July 06 2009 03:09 PM

Rock on JoplinSell! Im a gay man who loved Y&R as well and I am very happy that the writers have taken the thought to develop the storylines and not being worried what "society" would say. Cheers to Maria Arena Bell!

Posted by MrShadowsgirl at Monday, July 06 2009 04:26 PM

I dont like this s/l w/Phillip being gay one bit..its 2 unbelievable since i watched him way before...Y&R and their s/l sucks

Posted by Reisha at Monday, July 06 2009 04:43 PM

Well i didnt really start watching the stories until like the end of 07 but i mean when people dnt want to be around they family the way phillip did what can we say. but i do like the stories they fun to watch so hey........ and i really like watching nick he is so fine to me and cane so hey whatever........

Posted by ncnurse at Monday, July 06 2009 04:59 PM

I have been watching Y&R since I was 5 years old. I am 36 now. I have always admired how some of the storylines include God and prayer. It is good to know that there is a program that still acknowledges God and the Christian faith. I have to say up until that scene with Rafe and Adam and now Phillip, I am questioning my ability as a Christian to continue watching this. I know the bed swapping is non Christian like as well and I don't condone bed swapping but I can deal with that alot better than I can homosexuality. I did fast forward thru the scene with Rafe and Adam after I figured out where it was going. I just wish we could keep things heterosexual as they have been for 30+ years now. Why be like all of the other shows? Y&R has been #1 for years despite what the others have done.

Posted by CandyLynn at Monday, July 06 2009 05:36 PM

So what if Y&R is doing a storyline about Phillip being gay and Rafe. This is 2009,People need to get over it. I also think this is a wonderful storyline and I am not gay. I have alot of friends that are. God loves you if you are or not gay. Way to go Y&R!!!

Posted by ncnurse at Monday, July 06 2009 06:24 PM

CandyLynn, I'm sorry but you have been mislead. Please read 1 Corinthians 6:9 and 1 Timothy 1:10.

Posted by crazyme68 at Monday, July 06 2009 07:16 PM

I think it is about time the y&r comes out of the dark ages.Love comes in all forms.I cannot wait to see what happens next

Posted by mrs.tlc at Monday, July 06 2009 10:51 PM

PLEASE, PLEASE! Let this just be a plot twist.