The Young and the Restless - NEWS ROOM

In our 'The Young and the Restless' News Room, Soaps.com keeps you up-to-date with the latest Soap Opera news on the net. We also feature interviews with the soap stars, as well as local appearances by the actors and actresses.

Ray Wise Cast as Y&R's Ian Ward.

Tuesday, December 10 2013

Wise (Nikki Nelson/Wenn.com)
    Dylan's dad.

According to TV Line, "Twin Peaks" actor Ray Wise has been cast in "The Young and the Restless" role of Ian Ward, Dylan's (Steve Burton) biological father, the cult leader who got Nikki (Melody Thomas Scott) pregnant. He begins shooting scenes on Friday December 13, and is expected to turn up onscreen around January 23. The character will play an important role in the lives of several Genoa City residents.

Ward is also known for his roles in numerous television series, including "Reaper" and "24," and movies such as "Jeepers Creepers 2" and "Robocop." In Daytime, he played Hal on "Days Of Our Lives" from 1982 to 1983, and Jamie on "Love Of Life" from 1970 - 1976.

Read about "Y&R's" Eileen Davidson Donates To The Curated Closet. Visit Soaps.com's Soap Scoop: UK/Australia Edition to find out who gets on Coronation Street's Gail's nerves and much more.

Follow Soaps.com on Twitter@soapoperafan and 'like' Soaps.com on Facebook to dish with us about "The Young and the Restless," all the other soap operas, "Dallas," "Glee," "Grey’s Anatomy," "Pretty Little Liars," "Revenge," "Vampire Diaries," and "Venice The Series."

- Candace Young

Posted by Texanne at Tuesday, December 10 2013 12:24 PM

Uh oh. What if Ian has "gotten religion" and is a different person? Could Victor have some competition?

Posted by Paddy52 at Tuesday, December 10 2013 03:46 PM

Maybe he is truly sorry about taking advantage of Nikki all those years ago, but Dullan should get a DNA test to make sure Ian is his bio father. I wanted it to be Paul, but with them bring in Ray Wise he will probable be Dullan's real dad. Well this s/l might not be half bad if they do it right. Ray Wise is a good actor. Now they just need to get rid of all the dead weight. If they read the post on this site they know who I'm talking about.

Posted by youareloved at Wednesday, December 11 2013 05:41 PM

So this is the guy that is going to play Ian Ward this soap could get interesting with him on the show.

Posted by BarbCarey at Wednesday, December 11 2013 09:52 PM

Ray Wise is so good. I can't wait to see him on Y&R. I hope Ian is still a bad guy. Ray Wise is great at playing bad guys. Should be interesting.

Posted by kdwkdw at Saturday, December 14 2013 05:36 PM

Oh wow! I agree...things should get very interesting! So I'm thinking...if he's still a cult leader...Sharon & Chloe could become followers...since both are in fragile mental states.

Posted by chylan forever at Thursday, December 19 2013 07:04 AM

I can't wait to see this.... the s/l will be getting more interesting when Dylan have a personal encounter with his bio-dad & know the truth about him. I wonder how would Nikki N. react to that? And if Ian is going to be a bad guy... He will be a perfect match for Victor. And maybe Ian is the only guy who can bring Victor down.... teach him a lesson for being such a bully.

Posted by LaReine at Friday, December 20 2013 07:14 PM

Ms. Young, the recent changes with firing Mr Miller and Mr Muhney from the Y&R is a disaster; I am not sorry but I will not watch this real 'soap opera' any longer like my many friends.
    Y&R is a travesty of the any good program on TV.
    Mr 'Victor N.' should retire for good if he is bushing such a treasure like Mr Muhney! Just go to ...you now where and give the chance of they young blood.
    Sharon/Nick is a piece of garbage the plot? what are you doing? rewarding the big manipulator and liar to get her naive and stupid leading man back? please Candace do not insult our intelligence?
    Y&R is finished without our loved Adam and Billy ....Miller/Muhney!
    Go to h....ll!and quit Candace! no merry christmas for you nor for ABC !
    No cheers from Canada! oh no!

Posted by ozarksbelle at Monday, December 23 2013 08:25 PM

So, now I suppose this Ian and Nikki will re-kindle which will lead into another
    divorce which Nikki and Victor are famous for. BORRING, Y&R haven't even finished a story line, and before you know it their off on some other stupid adventure. Im tired of the drugs being brought up!! Too many young actors that don't know how to act yet. I could go on and on, but Im sure most of the Y$R viewers think the same as the rest of us. I have watched this show since 1974. I have probably spent more holidays with their shows than my own family. I love Mike Muhney a great actor and he is what kept me watching.
    Billy Miller another great actor that kept me watching, and Michelle Stafford.
    You will be MISSED. The best to all of you, and Thank-You for what you brought to Y&R.

Posted by Winnipeg girl at Saturday, January 04 2014 10:04 PM

I have to agree with you, Victor Cane and Devon and maybe even Tyler should be leaving instead of Adam and Billy, Adam and Chelsea and Billy and Victoria, are the reason a lot of my family watch, so watch it... you could loose a lot of viewers Think About It