The Young and the Restless - NEWS ROOM

In our 'The Young and the Restless' News Room, Soaps.com keeps you up-to-date with the latest Soap Opera news on the net. We also feature interviews with the soap stars, as well as local appearances by the actors and actresses.

Y&R Poll: Missing Katherine.

Wednesday, August 28 2013

(Nikki Nelson/WENN.com)
    Gone but never forgotten.

This week Jill found a gift from Katherine, and fans are grieving right along with the Genoa City characters who have lost their wife, mother and friend… Katherine Chancellor. Jeanne Cooper will never be forgotten for making us laugh, cry and bringing us memorable scenes over the last forty years. What will you miss most about Katherine of recent years?

Vote in our poll and feel free to leave us your favorite memories and storylines in the comments section below.

Also vote in our B&B Poll: Forrester Creations Takeover to share who you'd like to see running the company then view details for former "GL" star Laura Bell Bundy in Dear Dumb Diary in Soaps.com's After The Soap Finales: Where Are They Now?

Follow Soaps.com on Twitter @soapoperafan, and Soaps.com on Facebook. Come tweet and Facebook with us about "The Young and the Restless," all the other soap operas, "Dallas," "Glee," "Grey’s Anatomy," "Pretty Little Liars," "Revenge," "Vampire Diaries," and "Venice The Series."

- Amy Mistretta

Posted by AnKsMemere at Wednesday, August 28 2013 06:28 AM

The thing I will miss most about Katherine (Jeanne Cooper) is all the little come backs and one liners that she had for people. They always made me wonder if she had adlibbed them or if they where written into the script.

Posted by mapgs at Wednesday, August 28 2013 06:39 AM

I will miss Jeanne's character on the show.
    I am so glad they made the decision not to bring another
    actress to play Katherine it would just not be right
    Patty Tropeano

Posted by sweetgreatmom at Wednesday, August 28 2013 07:28 AM

Jeanne Cooper will always be one of the best. She will always be one of my favorite actors. There is nothing I can't say other than I will miss her on Y&R. Her quality of acting is not to be matched.

Posted by SJ23 at Wednesday, August 28 2013 11:16 AM

I loved everything about Jeanne Cooper, she was the absolute best actress around,her sense of humor was wonderful.I think my favorite thing about her was listening to her laugh. She never failed to make me smile when hearing her laughter. She had that gravelly voice that just made you chuckle when she tormenting Jill. I miss her so very much. Y&R isn't the same without her.

Posted by ShiningStar82 at Thursday, August 29 2013 03:48 PM

I really did love everything about Katherine but I have to say one of my most favorite things about her is that she never showed any fear of Victor and in turn, he never messed with her. Victor has gone after his kids in retaliation, his ex-wives ( including the one who recently remarried him), other business associates but he never tried going after Katherine and we fans know that's because she wouldn't of tolerated it.
    I miss ya Duchess.

Posted by gotcha at Thursday, August 29 2013 06:28 PM

I miss Katherine's wisdom. She usually had good advice to give those that she loved and came in contact with. She was a grand lady.

Posted by LovemyYnR at Wednesday, September 04 2013 11:19 AM

I loved those scenes between Jill and Katherine. All the fight scenes they had were some of the best scenes on Y&R ever! I was lol at the flashbacks. I grew up watching the show. Even watched the reruns of episodes that aired before I was born on various websites as soon as had Internet access as a young adult. This show was a part of my life and will be as long as its on the air. I grieve along with everybody else. I will miss Jeanne Cooper/Katherine Chancellor. Rest in peace and glory.