The Young and the Restless - NEWS ROOM

In our 'The Young and the Restless' News Room, Soaps.com keeps you up-to-date with the latest Soap Opera news on the net. We also feature interviews with the soap stars, as well as local appearances by the actors and actresses.

Hartley Sawyer Replaces Blake Hood On Y&R.

Tuesday, March 12 2013

(Nikki Nelson/Wenn.com)
    Recast role.

Update: Sawyer will first air April 23.

According to a report by Soap Opera Digest, the role of Jack Abbott's (Peter Bergman) son, Kyle, has been recast on "The Young and the Restless." Blake Hood, who currently plays the role, has been replaced by Hartley Sawyer ("Glory Daze," "Jane By Design," "NCIS: Los Angeles," "GCB"), who is new to Daytime television.

There is no final airdate for Hood as of yet, and no debut airdate for Sawyer, although he begins taping on March 18. Soaps.com will update readers with more details as they become available.

How do you feel about the role of Kyle Abbott being recast? Let us know by voting below.

Read about ex-"GH's" Bruce Weitz going to Y&R. Find out why Coronation Street's Sunita's a suspect.

Join us on Twitter @soapoperafan and Facebook. Come tweet and Facebook with us about "The Young and the Restless," all the other soap operas, "Dallas," "Glee," "Grey’s Anatomy," "Pretty Little Liars," "Revenge," "Vampire Diaries," and "Venice The Series."

- Candace Young

Posted by simscb at Tuesday, March 12 2013 09:01 AM

WHY? I grew to like him even they SORASED him too many years older.

There are ENTIRELY too many NEWBIES on this show.

Leave the cast as it is. Better yet, fire the newbies because I no longer recognize my show.

Posted by MagGrub at Wednesday, March 13 2013 06:11 AM

This makes me so angry! I love Blake Hood as Kyle, he fits the character perfectly! This new guy has the weirdest looking face EVER!! UGGGGHHHH!!!!!!!!!!

Posted by CarrieElizabette at Thursday, March 14 2013 02:16 PM

I agree, he is creepy looking. He doesn't look like an Abbott. He is skinny and scrawny.

Posted by romancewithsoaps at Friday, March 15 2013 11:30 AM

This recast is just ridiculous. Blake Hood fits this character nicely, the new replacement doesn't even look like an Abbott and he's going to look goofy with Summer if the storyline goes that Summer and Kyle fall in love. I loved how this Kyle complimented Summer... ugh.

Posted by distant drifter at Saturday, March 16 2013 07:55 PM

Blake Hood was doing a great job as Kyle. Why in the world is he being recast? I don't get it. What's going on? This has got to stop...............

Posted by LaReine at Saturday, March 16 2013 10:30 PM

Those changes are rude towards US the viewers. I despise the people who impose this!
    Ouch!
    La Reine from Canada

Posted by LaReine at Saturday, March 16 2013 10:32 PM

I do not like the actress who plays Leslie; sorry but she is artificial and lacks the acting skills.
    Ouch !
    La Reine from Canada

Posted by glovers67 at Monday, March 18 2013 01:37 PM

Posted by LaReine at Saturday, March 16 2013 10:32 PM

Ouch !
    La Reine from Cana
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Leslie has been acting for quite sometime and has been in a few movies and sitcoms

Posted by PatBA at Thursday, March 21 2013 06:40 AM

I thought that Hood was a really good actor, however, his voice did not match his looks. It always sounded like he was talking from his nose. I did not like the sound, too much a nasal sound.

Posted by Texanne at Thursday, March 21 2013 08:22 AM

Maybe Blake's contract was going to be renewed and he asked for too much money.

MORE COMMENTS: 1 2 3 » »| page: