The Young and the Restless - NEWS ROOM

In our 'The Young and the Restless' News Room, Soaps.com keeps you up-to-date with the latest Soap Opera news on the net. We also feature interviews with the soap stars, as well as local appearances by the actors and actresses.

The Young And The Restless Weekly Blog.

Friday, March 01 2013

Hot 'n' ready. (CBS)
    Restless Rant
    Week of February 25 – March 1:

"Y&R" posted another solid week - plenty going on to keep viewers happy - or at least caught up in the drama - and passion in the afternoon to boot!

Slimebag father.
    It’s becoming pretty clear to me that Wheeler’s worried about a whole lot more in relation to Avery’s case than voter appreciation – methinks he’s the real killer. If this all comes out in the wash, presumably Leslie/Valerie and Tyler/Davis will have to deal with their very ticked off slimebag father, who went to jail based on her testimony. As foreshadowed, this could spell danger for those close to them. Perhaps they should get to know Dylan, the town’s new superhero – he’d be handy to have around.

SuperMac.
    Okay, can Dylan please do something wrong/human soon? This reeks of when they brought back Yolanda as 'SuperHarmony' – just not realistic. That said, he sure looks good, and Faith’s crush on him is completely adorable.

Sibling rivalry.
    So funny to see them arguing about both being cheaters! I saw Phyllis’ point – Avery didn’t exactly commiserate and swap stories after Phyllis got with Ronan; she was pretty content to maintain her close to perfect reputation. I wonder if Avery will be able to sit back and watch something develop between Dylan and Sharon without wanting another crack at him first…

Job hunting.
    Sorry, Mason, you had a job and you blew it. I can’t muster up any feelings of sympathy for Greedy Guts. Anyone else?

Hot 'n' ready.
    Chelsea’s odd little team getting hired at Jabot is partly delicious – Glo back in Jack’s orbit and Chloe back in fashion – yay! Chelsea being an amazing designer and spending all her time whining about Adam after she dumped him – boo! While I don’t mind the dynamic between Chelsea and Cane, it still seems out of the blue and concocted purely to free Lily up for an entanglement with Tyler. Anyway, amid their sexy scenes (Lily got Cane hot and ready at work!), their arguments are getting more intense and frequent – one of them will probably pull a 'Lauren' any day now. What do you think of Chelsea's team getting hired at Jabot? Vote in Soaps.com's Y&R Hired poll.

Sweet dreams.
    Carmine and Lauren! I felt terrible for our Michael, just not terrible enough to wish the steamy sex scene between Carmine and Lauren never happened. Carmine has an insane body, smoldering expressions, and sex appeal out the wazoo. That scene with him coming in and kissing Lauren up against the door without a word was ridiculously hot. So Lauren’s now messed up just like Fen and Michael – a bit worse perhaps. Yeah, poor Michael…but still, just wow!

Gah! (CBS)
    How could I have done that?
    Finally some remorse from Fenmore, but I couldn’t help but wonder why he seemed to feel nothing when he first heard Jamie had almost died/tried suicide. I hope he makes it up to Jamie like he said. In fact, I think Ronan and Jamie should move back to Genoa City to make sure it happens!

Home.
    Phyllis and Jack. Bah. The only good thing about this reunion is that it won’t last long. Neither of them is in it for the right reasons, and Jack shouldn’t be in it at all so early in his recovery.

Just friends.
    Neanderthal Nick reared his ugly head numerous times this week, and one instance was over Summer and Kyle hanging out. Of course this got some speculating about Summer’s paternity again – who knows if that’s where they’re going with this, but there’s no spark between these two. I can understand Summer crushing on him, but can’t see Kyle going there. By the way, why did they have him constantly flirting with Phyllis and then suddenly stop? Weird dropped plot point…

You little thief.
    I’m all for seeing way more of Katherine and Jill, but the Adriana stuff felt a tad predictable this week. Oh, and Kevin and Katherine are incredibly close and he respects her immensely – let’s hope the writers remember this before they put in any more scenes with him talking about casing the Chancellor Estate. Even if he plans to steal something and pin it on Adriana, still just ugh…

District Attorney.
    Seriously, Christine leading the charge for justice in Genoa City sounds beyond annoying. Paul will have his hands full trying to keep her in check.

Newman gathering.
    It looks like the Newmans have settled down a bit following the news of Nikki’s illness. Everyone – even Billy Boy and Adriana (the cheek!) – gathered for the reveal of the bright new ranch, and Victor even swapped favors with Nick, who was forced to turn to Victor to protect Avery. Victor’s been oddly laid back about the fight for Newman lately – focusing instead on Wheeler and Nikki – he knows it’s in good hands with Adam at the helm. I’m wondering if Victoria will find out Sharon burned down the ranch and use that to get Adam and Sharon out of the company.

Share your thoughts on this week's "Y&R" below.

Find out who may be returning for General Hospital's 50th Anniversary.

Join us on Twitter @soapoperafan and Facebook. Come tweet and Facebook with us about "The Young and the Restless," all the other soap operas, "Dallas," "Glee," "Grey’s Anatomy," "Pretty Little Liars," "Revenge," "Vampire Diaries," and "Venice The Series."

- Candace Young

Posted by Gretel at Friday, March 01 2013 11:45 AM

Lauren, in her "righteous indignation," told Michael that she knew that Fen never could have pushed Jamie and could not forgive him for not knowing his son well enough to realize that. She seemed to forget that Fen did bully Jamie and she didn't believe that either. She didn't know her son as much as she thought, either. Yet, she doesn't acknowledge that.
    Carmine may be a hunk in some people's eyes, but his role is tiresome and so shallow. Either send him on his way or give me a more believeable, likeable role.
    Sharon is a good actress, but I would like to see FAR less of her moving from bed to bed in Genoa City. Send her to Europe, Mumbai, or Samoa for a hiatus. Enough is enough!

Posted by dramaqueen333 at Friday, March 01 2013 11:47 AM

Finally, someone in Genoa City is curious as to why the senator is so incredibly concerned about one guy who committed a murder years ago! Duh!! He would not be working this hard, and spending so much time with the good folks in Wisconsin (he is a senator after all) if he didn't have a very personal reason to keep that innocent guy in prison.

And sorry, but Leslie might have asked a question or two of her father when she found him with her dead mother. He is her father after all, so she should have known him, and could have at least asked him if he did it. To assume he was guilty just because he was there was a little much for a person who is a lawyer. And why is she so petrified of him now?

Love that Michael and Fen made up, but Lauren's cheating is not like her.
    Michael had a job to do (and he even passed it on to someone else) and Fen had been cruel to Jamie, so it makes sense Michael thought Fen might have thrown Jamie off the roof. All he said was it was possible, while Lauren felt her son could never hurt anyone. Sure. But everything worked out for Fen and Jamie, and it's all over, so for her to have an affair and move out is a little over the top. Now Fen will be on dad's side.

Summer's crush on Kyle is a very abrupt and a little creepy. She is far too young and inexperienced. Wasn't she 16 a couple of weeks ago?

And yeah, what did happen to his flirting with Phyllis? That lasted about three days and was never explained.

Hate the Adriana stuff -- not invested in her at all. It's either she's going to be blamed for something she didn't do, or she is actually going to hurt Katherine. And her showing up at the Newman private party was so obnoxious.

Christine needs to take long nap.

I'm rooting for Chelsea and Adam to get back together. Why doesn't she just tell him instead of worrying about Sharon? Does she really think he won't find out? She is right though about Newman and Sharon coming before her, and therefore probably the baby. It's the track record she knows. Somehow I think Adam would be a good dad though, although if he starts falling in love with Sharon he will be torn.

Posted by BrookeFan101 at Friday, March 01 2013 02:18 PM

Sharon and Dylan is cool! Nick the dick is typical! Not enough Jill and Kay!! Never is! Chris, the new DA, GO FOR IT GIRL! Anny thing that locks up Hilda is fine by me!(props to Cowboys Fan). Lily, if you cheat on THAT man, you truly are insane!

Posted by beezwax at Friday, March 01 2013 03:18 PM

I suspect Carmine might blackmail Lauren later using the fact that they had sex. It might be hot between them but is there any doubt that it would last?

Who would they hook Michael up with if it's splitsville for him and Lauren?

Posted by ShiningStar82 at Friday, March 01 2013 04:25 PM

I can understand to an extent why Chelsea is mooning over Adam even though she did dump him. She didn't dump him because she didn't love him, she did it because Adam refused to make her and their marriage top priority. Not to mention it does have to hurt that it didn't Adam long at all to go running to Ms. "Wackadoo" ( Hate Chloe but love her nickname for Sharon)and now Sharon is all set to play Lady of the Manor that Adam bought for Chelsea! With that though, Chelsea has got to tell him about this kid.

I'm kinda laughing at Nick being so cool about Mac spending time with Sharon and Faith this week. I can see him encouraging Mac to go after Sharon so Sharon will stay away from Adam and Mac will stay away from Avery.

And ugh! Lauren and Carmine! This whole thing feels so contrived! Yes Carmine is easy on the eyes but he's so freaking transparent and shallow. I just don't get how Lauren could fall so easily for that.

Posted by Bebenette at Friday, March 01 2013 04:52 PM

Chelsea knew that Adam was in love with Sharon when she married him. She took advantage of him and it is her own fault what has happened. Sharon and Adam have always loved each other and nothing is going to change that.
    As for Christine, why should she not be district attorney. She has so much experience and would be perfect for the job.

Posted by androgyny86 at Saturday, March 02 2013 08:41 AM

Lauren/Carmine were hot indeed! They have a good chemistry I feel. I like Michael/Lauren but I would not be opposed if they took a break. With "cougars" being a fad right now, I can see where the writers are trying to go here. Not that I'd complain.

I do hope Adam/Sharon works out, but I see they are trying to work something with Sharon and Mac. We'll see how it goes. Mac hasn't grown on me just yet.

Avery and Nick are boring together--just my opinion. I like Avery single, but I'd probably like her if she were with the right person.

Phyllis and Avery's little altercation was good drama. I could see where Phyllis was coming from. Avery did have that coming, as much as I do like her. And I'd actually put money on Phyllis cheating first if she gets back with Jack. :P

Summer still irks me, and why would Kyle go for her? Because he's a horn dog, just like Summer's father. Nick and Summer both have just been trying my nerves lately. I'm surprised Nick didn't get anal on Sharon for Faith running away. Lord knows he's on her case about everything else.

The new ranch is ok, but I somehow expected more.

I have a feeling that Wheeler has alot more to bet than poll numbers. I was thinking along the same lines as Candace. We shall see.

Posted by Insomniac at Saturday, March 02 2013 02:13 PM

I wasn't impressed with this week. Lauren cheating with Carmine!? Ridiculous! Her character is too sophisticated to risk her marriage for a shallow lowlife like him. Nick & Avery, still boring. Lily believing every word that comes out of Tyler's mouth, also ridiculous! Why does she suddenly have such a lack of trust in Cane? I'm glad Chels is staying & Chloe is back in the fashion business, also that Glo will around more. One drawback to Adam finding out the baby is his, is that he'll probably try to get custody of it later on.

Posted by Insomniac at Saturday, March 02 2013 02:22 PM

Fen's turn-around was very sudden, but I'm happy for Michael. Looks like we will have to tolerate Christine again. I agree that Phyliss has reason to be angry at Avery for moving in on Nick so fast. I don't understand how Leslie & Tyler can be so afraid of their father that they would take new identities. Wheeler is guilty of more than he admits. I wonder if Victor's involvement with his daughters death will come out, then Nicky will turn to Jack again.

Posted by mswoman at Saturday, March 02 2013 08:11 PM

Am also glad that Chloe is back in the fashion business. Now just give her back the 'do she had when she first came on the show; her hair always looks like a hot mess! Can't stand Adriana, never did like Christine. Always hoped that maybe Michael and Lauren would be the one couple the writers' poison pens did not touch. Alas, they had to screw that up, too. I'm with you Candace about the weird dropped plot point. There's been a lot of those lately. Love Catherine and Jill - can't help but wonder if this is the beginning of an Alzheimers s/l. Maybe Jeanne Cooper wants to retire from the show...?