The Young and the Restless - NEWS ROOM

In our 'The Young and the Restless' News Room, Soaps.com keeps you up-to-date with the latest Soap Opera news on the net. We also feature interviews with the soap stars, as well as local appearances by the actors and actresses.

Y&R Alum Carolyn Conwell Dead At 82.

Tuesday, December 04 2012

Conwell (CBS)
    Sad passing.

Carolyn Conwell, who played Mary Williams on "The Young and the Restless" from 1980 to 2004, has died at the age of 82. Doug Davidson, who plays Mary's son, Paul Williams, on the Daytime soap, let his friends and fans know with a Facebook post. "As some of you might know Carolyn Conwell (Mary Williams) passed. I attended her funeral yesterday and her two sons and daughter were in attendance. She was the finest actor I have ever known and such a giving soul. Her progeny are fabulous people. A credit to a life well lived. I truly can’t say enough about her. I love her and miss her presence. God bless her and her family."

Soaps.com sends condolences to Conwell's family and friends.

Posted by justmyopinion at Tuesday, December 04 2012 06:31 AM

Brilliant in her role....she'll be missed.

Posted by Texanne at Tuesday, December 04 2012 07:12 AM

I was thinking a while back how she was such a good actor. She was on the repeat show of one Victor and Nikki's many weddings recently. Condolences to her family.

Posted by simscb at Tuesday, December 04 2012 09:22 AM

My deepest sympathy to the Conwell family. Carolyn was a marvelous actress. She was over-protective of the three children on the show. Many fans had been asking why she didn't return during the Ricky story line. She was probably tired of acting and may not have been well. She has been missed.

Posted by Texican at Tuesday, December 04 2012 01:11 PM

RIP Carolyn Conwell, so sad to read this news.

Posted by wolfsmistress at Tuesday, December 04 2012 01:19 PM

Doug Davidson posted several photos of himself with both Carolyn Conwell (Mary) and Brett Hadley, who played his father, Carl Williams, on his Facebook page. There have been so many people sending their condolences to the Conwell family through Mr. Davidson; it's so nice to know that fans still know, love and remember Mary Williams and have such fond memories of her. I, myself, can never think of spareribs and sauerkraut without thinking of Mary Williams barging in on Paul at an inopportune moment of his life, usually with a girl (or wife), and the disapproving look Mary would have on her face. It seemed that, no matter who he was with, it was the "wrong girl." Ms Conwell was fantastic at being able to show those expressions so well! I also loved her in "The Boston Strangler" with Tony Curtis. She was such an amazing actress. Both she and Mary will be sorely missed. I only hope (probably in vain) that Y&R will let Paul mention that his mother passed & they recognize her passing on the show. There are still fellow actors/actresses on the show who knew her well...RIP, Ms Conwell. I'll miss your Mary so much.
    wolfy

Posted by goodlooking121 at Monday, March 18 2013 03:52 AM

(jessica_v1ndaye@yahoo.com)
    Hello dear
    my name is jessica i saw your prifile today
    at (sheknows.com) and became interested in you
    please i will like you to contact me here in my
    private email (jessica_v1ndaye@yahoo.com) so that i can send you my picture in other for you to know whom i am, remember coulor or distance matters nothing what matters is the love and interest i will be waiting for your mail
    as i will like to know you more
    thanks