The Young and the Restless - NEWS ROOM

In our 'The Young and the Restless' News Room, Soaps.com keeps you up-to-date with the latest Soap Opera news on the net. We also feature interviews with the soap stars, as well as local appearances by the actors and actresses.

The Young And The Restless Weekly Blog.

Friday, November 30 2012

You go. (CBS)
    Restless Rant
    Week of November 26 – 30:

"Y&R’s" November sweeps is turning out to be more like November sleeps. There’s a sense of gloom 'n' doom in the air, and more than a couple storylines have had viewers complaining 'been there, done that'. I'm also missing characters like Abby and Ashley - core family members who also spiced up the show a bit. That said, we're only a month in with the new writing team and they likely need more time to hit their stride. Here are some thoughts on the week:

Your marriage is over.
    Victor trying to engineer the end of Victoria’s marriage to Billy is stale stuff – this must be the billionth go 'round, and frankly, it makes no sense at all for a man as shrewd as Victor to keep hitting the repeat button on the same lame material. On the other hand, it was refreshing how Victoria reacted to Victor dropping his bomb about Billy knowing he was in L.A., and I enjoyed her sibling discussion with Nick. As for Nick and Victor’s talk – I love that Nick is holding firm about 'the fight for Newman' – even going so far as to tell Victor to do it himself - but I had to laugh when Victor asked Nick what he’s been doing lately. Nick, of course, said parenting. Funny how he neglected to mention all the time he’s been spending boinking the kids' Aunt Avery.

Hell’s kitchen.
    Speaking of Nick and Avery, his little speech to Avery about not letting Phyllis figure into their relationship was a hoot - pretty unrealistic considering she’s his ex-wife and Avery’s sister! Meanwhile, I’m starting to dread seeing that kitchen appear on the screen, knowing insipid food-related foreplay talk will inevitably follow.

Kevin’s crumbling world.
    The best thing that happened in this storyline was Jill advising Chloe to divorce Kevin. You go, Jill.

Who's using whom?
    I have full confidence in Jill's ability to handle Tucker, and look forward to them doing the dance. I also loved Jill's visit with Lauren this week.

Hot. (CBS)
    Sworn to secrecy.
    Chloe and Chelsea as bosom buddies aren’t feeling like a natural fit to me. Chelsea blabbing all about Sharon to Chloe continued the theme of her being a loose cannon, which culminated in her threatening to reveal Sharon’s crime if she didn’t stay away from Adam, and ordering Adam never to see Sharon again. Dear Chelsea, if you have to go to these extremes, you’ve already lost. You’re welcome. By the way, Chelsea’s imaginings of Sharon and Adam together were the hottest scenes on "Y&R" in weeks.

Hermit crab.
    Jack’s blossoming addiction is making everyone, including Phyllis, uncomfortable. The constant grimacing is bad enough, but it was downright ghastly when he made his voice all husky and told Phyllis, "You mean a lot to me." Egad. I’d move out in a hurry too. Of course, Kyle thinks Phyllis should stay. Someone must have forgotten to tell the new writing team that Kyle is supposed to hate Phyllis for writing mean stuff about Diane. Whoops. Anyway, Kyle has not only entered into a secret plan with Phyllis to kick Adam to the curb, but on more than one occasion has clearly been trying to flirt with her! I’ve always thought Kyle was a perfect candidate for a fling with an older woman. It certainly would shake things up if it got out - poor Jack would be right on the phone upping his dosage! Strange that he can do that, by the way… What do you make of Kyle eying up Phyllis? Should they hook-up? Vote in Soaps.com’s Y&R Kyle’s Crush poll.

Frisky business.
    I love that it appears Neil is going to walk in on Cane and Lily getting busy on his desk! It may not improve things at work for Cane, but it's soapy good!

Beautiful little friendship.
    Jealous Fen has picked up where Summer left off sending Jamie mean texts. Cyber-bullying is an important topic, I just wish the storyline had a little more depth – it feels like filler. I also have trouble caring about these surly, sulky teens – maybe if we’d gotten more used to them as grown people first? Anyway, it sounds like things will get worse for Jamie before they get better. For more insight on the storyline and Fen, check out Soaps.com’s interview with Max Ehrich.

What did you think of "Y&R" this week? Comment below.

Find out who takes on a partner on "Boardwalk Empire" through Primetime Dish, and weigh in on a Neil and Leslie match-up on "Y&R" by voting in Soap Opera Fan Blog's soap opera polls.

Join us on Twitter @soapoperafan and Facebook. Come tweet and Facebook with us about "The Young and the Restless," all the other soap operas, "Dallas," "Glee," "Grey’s Anatomy," "Vampire Diaries," and "Venice The Series."

- Candace Young

Posted by bikette at Friday, November 30 2012 11:00 AM

I like Cloe and Chelsea's new friendship/business venture and how the both told their husbands that if they didn't like they could lump it.I am tried of the woman on this show not being able to make a move without a man's "say so".

Posted by enuf at Friday, November 30 2012 11:31 AM

I agree with you bikette, I like Chelsea and Cloe's friendship. Also, I can understand where Chelsea is coming from with Sharon and Adam. She lost a baby and Adam goes and holds Sharon's hand. Adam has not been there for her. You have to remember Chelsea loves Adam and when you are hurt and the hurt is always being thrown in your face you can become irrational. Not psycho, but say some awful things. I feel for Chelsea. Plus she gave Adam and Sharon every opportunity before she got involved with Adam. Sharon turned her nose up to Adam. But I'm sure the writers will make Chelsea psyco so Sharon can become a victim once again.

Posted by Chicky2 at Friday, November 30 2012 11:36 AM

I love Jill and so glad she is back in all her glory.

I actually like Chloe and Chelsea being freinds. Chelsea is starting to get on my last nerve but she does have a point. Adam, stop being the hero. sharon is a loon, has always been a loon, move on.

I am not liking Neil and I am sure he will make this a big blow out, not like he would never have done something like that before. He is always so....Neil. Power hungry, go to your head jerk.

I hate that Kevin is going down the wrong road again, please, are there other characters that could have some trouble for once. Why does it always end up the Kevin Show. What is he the next mustache or something. The only good that will come of that is Chloe and Kevin's marriage disolving. That is the only good.

Where is Gloria, we need more, not just a few seconds here and there. She needs to come and stir things up.

Yes, I miss Abby, very much. We need her back!

Posted by ShiningStar82 at Friday, November 30 2012 12:49 PM

Candace-Could not agree more about the Kevin storyline and Jill telling Chloe to divorce him! I am really hoping the new writing team will be the ones to see the light and break up Kevin and Chloe for good. It's not looking good right now though.

I actually like Chloe and Chelsea's friendship. Chloe hasn't had a best girl friend since Amber and Chelsea's only friend has been Adam so it's nice to see them bond ( it actually makes Chloe likeable to me) and work together. This is actually what should happen with Sharon. Obviously it would be silly for her to be friends with either Chloe or Chelsea but she does need a woman bff instead of the same old "poor little me, I need a man's help" act.

Posted by Just Mary at Friday, November 30 2012 01:14 PM

I TOTALLY agree with everything you said Candace. Spot on!

Posted by donholley77 at Friday, November 30 2012 01:29 PM

Ur right! Y&R is a real snoozefest, lately! Love Nick & Avery! Always did

Posted by Insomniac at Friday, November 30 2012 03:38 PM

Lost my post! To me there is something unsavory about someone being with an exes sister, brother or father, but in GC it is a common occurance. Avery is such a nice girl she should find someone else other than her sister's ex. Victor will always be Victor, trying to control his family. I hope Victoria dossen't let him come between her & Billy. It was wrong for him to tell Victoria about Billy being in LA especially while she was in such a fragile state.

Posted by apple1950 at Friday, November 30 2012 03:40 PM

Feel sorry for Chelsea. Adam could be feeling guilty for the Faith issue with Sharon, but he did withdraw from Chelsea after they lost the baby had nothing to do with Sharon and was a terrible way to act. Jill, Katherine, Neil, Tucker, Devon, and Lily don't seem to have anything to do. Why is Kevin freaking out over money if Tucker is buying him out. He can just go to Tucker and speed up the buyout. Don't like the drug addiction storyline with Jack. Seems forced and rushed. Fen, Summer and $amie, not interested. Victor needs to retire and take Nikki with him.avery and Nick would make a good couple if it weren't for Phyllis. She hooked up with Ronan but thinks Avery is wrong being with Nick. You have two sets of rules, Phyllis. Don't miss the antics of Abby. Glad she is not around. Seems like lame storylines are being created ot of the ashes of the old writers.

Posted by Insomniac at Friday, November 30 2012 03:43 PM

I love having Jill back, also would like to see more of Gloria. I also like Chloe & Chelsea's friendship and hope it continues. I was cheering Chelsea on today when she told needy Sharon to stay away from Adam & when she told Adam to stay away from Sharon. It's about time! Especally after Sharon had the nerve to say that Adam would never love Chels the way he did her.

Posted by yandrfanx_ at Friday, November 30 2012 03:47 PM

They're not gonna break up Kevin and Chloe for good.