The Young and the Restless - NEWS ROOM

In our 'The Young and the Restless' News Room, Soaps.com keeps you up-to-date with the latest Soap Opera news on the net. We also feature interviews with the soap stars, as well as local appearances by the actors and actresses.

Darcy Rose Byrnes Says Goodbye to The Young and the Restless!

Tuesday, November 18 2008

Darcy Rose as Abby. (Byrnes family)
    Soaps.com readers, this morning I received a very special message from Darcy Rose Byrnes (Abby Carlton) to pass along to you. As most of you know, the role of Abby is being aged, and the role will be recast, which means Darcy will be moving on from The Young and the Restless.

When the news came, Darcy was saddened, but not surprised. This is what she said:

"I will miss Y&R so much! I will never forget the fun I had with the cast and crew. I hope that I will work with them all again! Thank-you Y&R, for letting me be......'Blabby' Abby!"

Darcy's spokesperson went on to say that "her experience working with the unspeakably talented cast and crew over the past 5 years has been foundational in the way she regards the art, craft and business of storytelling. The impression made upon her by the integrity and creativity of the Bell family will continue to influence her for years to come. Darcy also looks forward to working with CBS & Sony in the future."

Of course, Darcy has been very successful in her other acting endeavors, especially in Primetime television series and movies. Her upcoming TV appearances include a guest spot on "Medium" ("A Taste of Her Own Medicine"), and an episode of "Private Practice" ("Homeward Bound").

Darcy Rose will also be seen in "A Thousand Words", a movie directed by Brian Robbins and starring Eddie Murphy, slated for an October 2009 release.

Ironically, as Darcy steps out of the role of 'Abby' in a 're-cast', it is also as a 're-cast', that she steps into the role of 'Kiki George' on the Primetime series "Dirty Sexy Money". Look for her debut in the episode entitled "The Injured Party" this Wednesday November 19 on ABC (check your local listing for times).

Finally, Darcy also wanted to say "You Rock!" to all the loyal fans for their support! "Keep Watching!"

Soaps.com will miss Darcy Rose as she leaves Y&R, but at the same time, we know this talented young actress has a bright future ahead of her, and we're wishing her all the best! Darcy Rose, you rock!

Posted by Sunnyflower at Tuesday, November 18 2008 06:28 AM

She was truly one of the sweetest things to ever grace Y&R. She will be missed. I wish her luck in her future endeavors. xo

Posted by Chrissi_Soaps.com at Tuesday, November 18 2008 06:30 AM

I'll miss her. She's such a joy in person as well.

Christine Fix
    Editor-in-Chief

Posted by chychy65 at Tuesday, November 18 2008 06:30 AM

Bless you Darcy... i look forward to seeing you in the future.. I know you will go far in your career... And i will look for you on my fav show dirtysexymoney...

be encouraged and stay sweet..

kim

Posted by muffin cake at Tuesday, November 18 2008 06:30 AM

Once Noah was given growth fertilizer I knew soon if not later they would give cute little Abby the same growth fertilizer. My best wishes to Darcy Rose in her future endeavors

Posted by CherylD at Tuesday, November 18 2008 06:49 AM

So sad to see Darcy go from Y&R - but equally as glad that she is able to expand her talents. She is a very sweet girl who will go far in life. As much as she has had an entertainment career her whole life - her feet are also grounded. For someone so young - she is very level headed. I had the chance to sit down and talk to her (we joked about how she was 9 going on 45) - and she was charming, smart, very together, and very focused on what she wants out of life. Her parents should be proud.

Posted by ladyjckc at Tuesday, November 18 2008 07:29 AM

Darcy, I am sorry to see you leave the show, but I know that what ever you set your mind too - you will be the best at it!! Have a great life, and I will look forward to watching you in your up and coming events. Thank you for blessing my life!

Posted by ellesbelles at Tuesday, November 18 2008 07:31 AM

what a cutie pie. I'm sorry they're aging the character, but DSM is one of my favorite shows, so I look forward to seeing her there.

Posted by Rquattro at Tuesday, November 18 2008 08:03 AM

Darcy, you are like a little ray of sunshine. I always enjoyed your scenes on Y&R and I wish you a long and successful career. But don't forget about your schooling. Lol. Work hard, get good grades and good things will come your way always. I will always think of you as Y&R's little sweetheart.
    All the best
    Renata

Posted by Eppy at Tuesday, November 18 2008 08:13 AM

Darcy, I loved your sweet little face and so enjoyed the times you were 'on' as Abby. I wish you every success and enjoyment in the days to come. Continue being the sweet girl we got to know.

Posted by CantgetenoughYandR at Tuesday, November 18 2008 08:39 AM

Darcy:

You are such a cutie pie and a real sweet girl who will go far! Unfortunately in the soap world you can only stay little for a short time before you have to grow up to keep up with the story lines. Best Wishes for your future!

Kathy (cantgetenoughyandr)