The Young and the Restless - NEWS ROOM

In our 'The Young and the Restless' News Room, Soaps.com keeps you up-to-date with the latest Soap Opera news on the net. We also feature interviews with the soap stars, as well as local appearances by the actors and actresses.

Hunter Haley King Cast As Y&R's Summer Newman.

Thursday, October 11 2012

Already taping.

Updated October 11:

King will appear in the role of Summer for the first time on Monday October 15.

Original article September 21:

According to a report by Soap Opera Digest, actress Hunter Haley King, who plays Adriana on "Hollywood Heights," has been recast as Summer Newman on "The Young and the Restless," and is already taping scenes in the studio. Haley King is also known for her roles as Bridget on "Hannah Montana," and as the young Debra on "Dexter." Max Ehrich (Fenmore) tweeted to the actress:

Soaps.com welcomes Hunter Haley King to Daytime! What are your thoughts on this Summer Newman recast? Vote below.

Read about Lindsay Bushman’s exit from Y&R.

Find out who ends up unconscious on "Emmerdale" through Soap Scoop: UK/Australia Edition, and weigh in on the results of Sharon's time at Fairview on "Y&R" through Soap Opera Fan Blog's Soap Opera Polls.

Join us on Twitter @soapoperafan and Facebook. Come tweet and Facebook with us about "The Young and the Restless," all the other soap operas, "Dallas," "Glee," "Grey’s Anatomy," "Vampire Diaries," and "Venice The Series."

Header photo: Nickelodeon

- Candace Young

Posted by LaReine at Friday, September 21 2012 05:51 PM

She is the young actor and she needed more time. I love the last episode when she chose to live with her father.
    cheer!
    P.S. Please CBS do not get rid of the old characters....get rid of Sophia and Tucker ASAP!

Posted by LaReine at Friday, September 21 2012 05:57 PM

Sorry I was confused, I was writing about the Actor Ms.Bushman! Oh lah lah!
    The new one I do not have any idea about her. Please live the old characters...and actors especially the young ones who just beginning their life in the soap Industry!
    Love Billy Abbot and Victoria! they are great. Sharon? she is good looking in VBeckam line? wow!
    Cheers! from Toronto ! Canada loves Y&R !

Posted by Dreamermr13 at Monday, September 24 2012 12:01 PM

Nothing personal but Lindsay Bushman is a lot prettier than Hunter Haley King and she played the spoiled princess very well. I am not liking all the changes the writers are making. As a long time viewer, and I'm talking decades long, the writers are not being sensitive to those who have been faithfully watching for years! I started watching this soap as a young girl, with my grandmother...one generation influences the next. WRITERS...keep that in mind!

Posted by Just Mary at Saturday, September 29 2012 08:27 AM

I disagree! I think this version of Summer is much prettier than the last girl. I absolutely want the new Summer to be more like Phyllis and less like a carbon copy of Abby.

Posted by daughter4 at Thursday, October 04 2012 10:18 AM

Glad to see a new Summer.. The last one sucked.

Posted by LaReine at Wednesday, October 10 2012 05:01 PM

Summer Newman' role played by Ms. Bushman was so fresh; the actor looks normal like an average American girl who is in right weight not anorexic good looking, well mannered and most of all without any plastic surgery! So why to get rid of her? It is insane! We do not like doll and dull look alike young women to play the girl, do not we?
    La Reine from Toronto!
    P.S. She was amazing in the police station (print?) Sorry to see her being thrown out!
    OUCH the big time!

Posted by LaReine at Wednesday, October 10 2012 05:03 PM

carbon copy? ouch! she is not a carbon copy, she looks normal like the average American Girl not like a floozy!
    La Reine from Toronto

Posted by cantstandPhick at Wednesday, October 10 2012 08:05 PM

Lindsay Bushman was an amazing summer.. I wish she would have continued the role.. She was amazing and I dont want a recast I wanted her to be summer forever.. This was completely unnessecary they want a recast they should recast Harmony.. But not Summe she wasnt even there that long

Posted by jodee4041 at Monday, October 15 2012 03:26 PM

What the hech..all that drama for it to led up to nothing? I hate the new writer. She sucks. I want the old y and r to come back. these story lines are stupid. they pop to many stories at once then never go back to finish any of them and when they do ......huh look at what happen to stupid Phillis..nothing.....

Posted by jodee4041 at Monday, October 15 2012 03:28 PM