The Young and the Restless - NEWS ROOM

In our 'The Young and the Restless' News Room, Soaps.com keeps you up-to-date with the latest Soap Opera news on the net. We also feature interviews with the soap stars, as well as local appearances by the actors and actresses.

Video Clip: The Young and the Restless 10 Years Ago: What's Changed?

Thursday, November 06 2008

Some Soaps.com readers think that the latest writing for The Young and the Restless is a real departure from how things used to be, while others think that certain characters are doing the same old thing and it's tiresome!

Just for the heck of it, we decided to hunt down a video clip from ten years ago this month, and check out what was up in Genoa City.

Surprise, surprise! Jack plotting against Victor, except it was with Brad as his sidekick, rather than Adam!

Take a peek and be sure to leave your comments below!

Posted by cats meow at Thursday, November 06 2008 05:07 AM

never ends does it, i am hating this s/l

Posted by brownchick at Thursday, November 06 2008 05:32 AM

I agree... I feel Young and the Restless is going backwards than forward. I stopped watching the show since Chloe and Cane got married. Couldn't stomach the show. I've been a dedicated fan since the early 80s which is when we got our first television set. I really sad to see the show repeating storylines from previous years then again it is soapland anything can happen, which is why in real life I stopped watching the show same goes for my sisters, my mom and my in laws everyone found better things to do with their Young and the Restless one hour. If the show keeps up like this it will end up losing dedicated fans.

Posted by ladyjckc at Thursday, November 06 2008 06:43 AM

I had not started watching the show back 10 years ago - the only difference I see is they are younger - thats all!!
    I am like everyone else - ready for new and better story lines. I hope the writers listen to us the viewers!

Posted by Texas Sunflower at Thursday, November 06 2008 07:44 AM

There will always be strife b/t Victor and Jack..... This is really another chapter in the lives of V&J

Jack left Vic to die when he had his heart attack and Jack just kicked Vic's hand out of the way as he left Vic on the floor and walked away.......

It started when Vic took over Jabot and Jack married Nikki.

You can always count on Smilin' Jack and the Mustache

Posted by chicky at Thursday, November 06 2008 09:51 AM

True enough, the Jack and Victor thing is something that will always be. However, it would be nice to see them just leave it at, they aren't friends and leave it alone.
    Y&R may be number 1 because we all keep watching hoping for s/l to end and new one's to start that are worth watching. If all the diehards decided enough was enough, they would plummet in the ratings.
    Look at the postings, not at all what they use to be (in numbers that is).
    Something has to give or we will lose Y & R.

Posted by goodstrawberry at Thursday, November 06 2008 09:55 AM

brad & jack are playing with fire.

Posted by LisaJ at Thursday, November 06 2008 12:34 PM

Jack's pompadour is HIGHER.....