The Young and the Restless - NEWS ROOM

In our 'The Young and the Restless' News Room, Soaps.com keeps you up-to-date with the latest Soap Opera news on the net. We also feature interviews with the soap stars, as well as local appearances by the actors and actresses.

Catherine Bach Joins The Young And The Restless.

Thursday, January 05 2012

Bach. (AdMedia/Wenn.com)
    A schemer...

According to Entertainment Weekly, actress Catherine Bach (ex-Daisy Duke, "Dukes of Hazzard," "Cannonball Run II," "You Again") will be joining "Y&R." She will first air on February 7, and begins taping January 10. Her role? Catherine will be playing Anita, the mother of Chelsea (Melissa Claire Egan), and it sounds like she'll be plotting while in Genoa City.

Are you excited about Catherine joining "Y&R?" Let us know by voting in the snap poll below.

Read about former "All My Children's" Darnell Williams (ex-Jesse) joining the show. Join us on Twitter @soapoperafan and Facebook. Come tweet and Facebook with us about "The Young and the Restless," all the other soap operas, "Dirty Soap," "Glee" "Grey's Anatomy," "Vampire Diaries," and "Venice the Series!"

- Candace Young

Posted by MARCO88 at Thursday, January 05 2012 05:00 PM

Ok whats up with Y&R adding new people to there cast list, first Darnell Williams now this lady. Don't you think with all these budget cuts in the past they would keep there cast to a limit. I smell budget cuts again very soon. I don't really care if they add more people but just focus on who you have already. Core Families take a page from Days.

Posted by MsSuperSuds at Thursday, January 05 2012 05:17 PM

The cast is already bloated. Is Y&R is becoming the dumping ground for all out-of-work actors and actresses? I, too, would like to see more emphasis placed on creating, writing & developing good stories for the current cast and less focus on hiring performers who are given more plot points, storylines, and screen time than core and veteran characters. I often wonder what is actually going on with this soap?

Posted by msprettypaws at Thursday, January 05 2012 06:13 PM

The Y&R needs more male actors on the show. For starters, get Sharon a new man and not daddy Victor!!!!!! EWWWW!!!!!

Posted by Webstrider at Thursday, January 05 2012 06:54 PM

Yeah, but will she wear Daisy Dukes in the middle of winter in Genoa City, WI?

Posted by dougmedia1 at Thursday, January 05 2012 07:26 PM

I don't see the point of his new character, just like I don't see the need for Chelsea. Have Billy and Victoria not gone through enough already? How about let them be happy for a few months at least and give them the child they so richly deserve. It will be pretty soon they'll have to have Cane and Lily endure yet ANOTHER hardship, they can't have any couple just be happy and stable...this show is such a downer.

Posted by DARK EYED DIVA at Thursday, January 05 2012 10:09 PM

I'm glad to see new fresh faces in G.C. It's important to have a large enough cast to make the show interesting, because when the cast is small, it's the same old boring storylines over and over. I love Darnell Williams coming to GC. I would be in Heaven if he was cast as Jesse and Harmony was actually angie. They would be a breath of fresh air for the dull Winters Family. I like the addition of MCE as Chelsea. MCE is not only drop dead sexy gorgeous but she is a great actress especially as a villianess. I personally think she would be amazing with Adam. I would love to see more new and exciting characters that intertwine with the existing characters. Why not add new members as cousins or niece/nephews. That way it still feels familiar and still has that family core that is so important.
    Now if Y&R could get their hands on Jacob Young/JR from AMC or maybe Rebecca Budig/Greenlee, Alicia Minshew/Kendall or Cameron Mathison/Ryan from AMC. Y&R would have a golden cast!
    Just my opinion. Keep it up!

Posted by ~Alexandria~ at Thursday, January 05 2012 10:46 PM

I voted NO, although I liked that show as a child.

She is NOT needed the cast is bloated and Veterans were killed off and it is sickening to see people who do not belong on this show.

Nothing against the Actress, just we need more men if anything and Chelsea is NOT a core character or important.

Posted by hopeformore at Friday, January 06 2012 08:02 AM

I really don't like them bringing in all the people from the cancelled shows ... does anyone other than me wonder whether they might be the reason those shows have been cancelled? Maybe we should just rename Y&R to AMC !!!

Posted by Marique1 at Friday, January 06 2012 03:24 PM

I agree with DARK EYED DIVA, 100%.

Posted by jenta at Monday, January 30 2012 01:00 PM

I absolutely agree with you on all.