The Young and the Restless - NEWS ROOM

In our 'The Young and the Restless' News Room, Soaps.com keeps you up-to-date with the latest Soap Opera news on the net. We also feature interviews with the soap stars, as well as local appearances by the actors and actresses.

Top Model Eva Marcille Cast on The Young and the Restless!

Friday, June 06 2008

Eva Marcille (TheYBF.com)
    Eva Marcille (formerly Pigford), winner of the third season of Tyra Bank's hit reality show, "America's Top Model", has been hired by The Young and the Restless to play a young mother on the hit daytime drama! Eva has already begun taping scenes and will debut on June 25th! Apparently, Y&R will give a wink to the reality show that Eva comes from, by calling her character Tyra! The character, Tyra Hamilton, is Devon's Aunt, and is a single mother with a little girl named Ana.

Eva Marcille grew up in Los Angeles and briefly attended Clark Atlanta University, before being named America's Top Model. As the winner, her prizes included a CoverGirl cosmetics contract, a spread in Elle magazine, and a modeling contract with Ford Models.

In November of 2006, Eva left her managers Benny Medina and Tyra Banks. She signed with new management and officially dropped "Pigford" from her name, now going by Eva Marcille (a modification of her middle name).

Marcille has dabbled in acting previous to landing the Y&R role, having guest roles on "Smallville", "Everybody Hates Chris", "Kevin Hill", and "The Game" among others. In film work, she most recently appeared in "I Think I Love My Wife". She has also appeared in a handful of music videos, including those by 50 Cent and Jamie Foxx.

Soaps.com is excited to see how Eva Marcille and her character Tyra will fit onto the Y&R canvas. Congratulations Eva and welcome! For Soaps.com readers wanting to see more on the top model, visit Eva's Official Website!

Posted by LMichelle at Friday, June 06 2008 09:53 AM

Congratulations Eva "The Diva"!! First Ya-Ya on AMC, now Eva on Y&R. I am happy the America's Next Top Model Alums are doing well!!!

Posted by soapoperalover at Friday, June 06 2008 10:50 AM

I think this so great!!! Not only is EVA beautiful,and has great modeling skills; others see many other talents in her as well..Thanks Tyra Banks and Bennie Medina for giving Eva her start. I will continue to hope that she does well, what ever she does....and to think on my favorite Soap.

Posted by Green at Sunday, June 08 2008 12:00 PM

Great!!! I'm happy for Eva and I hope everything works out on Y&R.

Posted by boops at Sunday, June 08 2008 03:48 PM

Great. Let Eva take to Devon and Chloe gets put down by him and told off by Dru. Let Lily find out she is pregnant again only let this one hold. She doesn't care who Cains parents are. She loves her man. Let Neil and Dru play a hot bedroom scene that pulls him right back to her. Let Dru and Karen have an argument about him and let Dru give it to her big time. Let Karen storm off and get involved with Brad on the rebound.

Posted by LINETTEW at Sunday, June 08 2008 08:00 PM

I THINK THAT SHARON SHOULD BE GRATEFUL HER JACK AND HER SON DIDN'T HAVE TO MOVE OUT AND FIND ANOTHER HOUSE AND WHY SHOULD SHE TRY TO STOP JACK FOR LETTING THE ORIGINAL OWNER OF THE HOUSE MOVE BACK IN. WHAT SHOULD HAPPEN NOW IS TRACEY, AND ASHELLY SHOULD HAVE THE SAY OF WHAT SHOULD HAPPEN TO THERE FATHER HOUSE AND WHY SHE IS REMODELING A HOUSE THAT REALLY ISN'T HERS SHE WAS CRAZY FOR MOVING OUT OF THE NEWMAN RANCH SHE SHOULD TOLD JACK TO MOVE IN WITH HER. AND WHEN SHE WAS DOWN WITH BRINGING JOHN DOUBLE ALISTAR TO SCARE THE HELL OUT OF GLORIA I THINK GLORIA WAS CRAZY FOR GIVING UP THE HOUSE IN FIRST PLACE

Posted by texrose at Monday, June 09 2008 12:23 PM

Congrats Eva, you've always been my favorite ANTM winner. I'm looking forward to watching you on a great soap opera. It will be great if they hook you up with Neil but I guess he will always belong to Dru. All the best at Y&R.

Posted by yrfanatic at Monday, June 09 2008 06:18 PM

I certainly hope they do no recast Nick or I am done watching Y & R. He is oh sooooo hot!!!! Victor had done him and Victoria very wrong and the nerve of Sabrina the battleax to even ask Victoria to be the Matron of Honor after the way she stabbed her in the back by sleeping with her father. If anayone "gets the boot" on the show it should be David Chow first of all he is wrong for Nikki and is also a lying con artist. Please please oh pretty please do not take my Nick away. Finally I would love to see Drucilla come back, she was one spunky chick .

Posted by Jinxed at Saturday, June 21 2008 09:33 AM

Woah, I can't wait to see that. How old is Ana anyway? I haven't seen a picture of the Actress who plays Ana yet but that's what i'll do now. Anyway, can't wait and contrats to Eva for getting the role.

Posted by Jinxed at Saturday, June 21 2008 09:33 AM

Posted by Jimi at Thursday, June 26 2008 06:34 PM

I hope Lily finds out she's pregnant again! Great for the
    show. What will Chloe do then. The spoiler says Chloe will
    say she's pregnant and says Cane is the father. Boy, will
    that be fun.