The Young and the Restless - NEWS ROOM

In our 'The Young and the Restless' News Room, Soaps.com keeps you up-to-date with the latest Soap Opera news on the net. We also feature interviews with the soap stars, as well as local appearances by the actors and actresses.

The Young and The Restless's Melody Thomas Scott's New Contract....

Thursday, October 06 2011

Melody Thomas Scott (CBS)
    Returning!

Update October 6:

Melody provided an update on when she (and Nikki) will next be seen on "Y&R." She tweeted, "I will return to work in 2 weeks; airing on Thanksgiving."

Original article September 15:

We've been hearing that Melody Thomas Scott's Nikki Newman would be coming back to "The Young and the Restless," but now it's confirmed. TV Guide is reporting that Melody has signed a new contract with the show and will tape new scenes in October, which puts her back on screen in November. Melody made it clear that her extended absence had nothing to do with Maria Bell, who has been extremely supportive. She also teased that exciting things are in store for Nikki's storyline upon her return.

Are you happy about Nikki's return? Let Soaps.com know by casting a vote below.

Read about another return through Yvonne Zima Back To The Young and the Restless. Join us on Twitter @soapoperafan and Facebook. Come tweet and Facebook with us about "The Young and the Restless," all the other soap operas, "Glee" "Grey's Anatomy," and "Vampire Diaries!"

Posted by tiger16 at Thursday, September 15 2011 08:22 AM

I have been watching this show for 25 years and I am not happy with Nicki or Victor. They are so old hat It would not bother me if they both left the show! ! ! Nicki is an old drunk and Victor is so controlling and getting away with so much it sickens me. I like the new young actors that have been on the show. I thought once Victor got a new heart that he would change but this never happened. Nickie went back to her old ways of letting men control her.

Posted by ps in flowood at Thursday, September 15 2011 10:31 AM

As long as the lswbbw, don't make her Victor's doormat again.......she needs to branch out, and start her own business.......away from Victor.........he is just to hateful, and lowdown dirty........peace out.....

Posted by Ladyking at Thursday, September 15 2011 01:18 PM

So glad to see Nikki comning back, I have missed her character she plays very well. Her character among other old characters: victor, kay, jack, michael, neil, paul, lauren,just a few that has history with the show is the reason I continue to watch the show.

Good luck Nikki, whatever storyline they give u you will nail it.

Posted by FL senior fan at Thursday, September 15 2011 02:02 PM

Yes, Yes! Happy to hear Nikki will return. I hope her storyline will be that she returns to the business world, and is there (as always before) to support Nikki and Nick. I think she could help in the Billy/Vikki department! Love this actress and her character is one of the very important parts of Y&R history.

Posted by ndetiege at Friday, September 16 2011 04:19 AM

NIKKI AND VICTOR SHOULD ALWAYS BE TOGETHER ! THAT'S WHY I WATCH THE SHOW! I AGREE THAT NIKKI SHOULD STAND HER GROUND AND MAKE HIM SOB AT HER FEET FOR ONCE. SHE SHOULD CONTROL HIM FOR ONCE. WAKE UP WRITERS! LET THE WOMEN BE IN CONTROL FOR ONCE !!!! WE ARE YOUR SOLE VIEWERS! MAKE US STRONGER BEFORE IT'S TOO LATE. BY THE WAY I'M SICK OF PHICK . I'M SICK OF NICK FORGIVING BIT.H FOR EVERYTHING WHEN SHE PROBABLY HAVE NO KIDS FOR HIM! I'M SICK OF IT !

Posted by Grammy Ro at Saturday, September 17 2011 01:06 PM

I love Nikki, can't wait for her return....! What's with the hairdo's on the show ???...they are all a mess especially Victoria's hair it is so ugly....send the hair dressers back to school...in my day Hair was considered a womans crowning glory...today every ones hair is splits the back and drags it to the front.... not a curl or wave to be seen !!!!is this glamour????

Posted by nikki newmen at Tuesday, September 20 2011 04:08 PM

yayyyy!!!! im so happy ive been waiting i would not want to see anyone else in her place theirs only one Nikki just like theirs only one Victor. im very pleased the her contract is renewed so that we might have our Nikki back!! thanks againg Y&R...love love love this show keep up the good work. and one last thing...please can someone tell the writters to put Vicky and Billy back together and give them back Lucy b/c Phillis does not deserve her.

Posted by MyWifeGotMeHooked at Wednesday, September 21 2011 01:18 PM

Didn't know why Nikki was away (assumed it was to make a Lifetime movie etc.) but always thought that she was the one that killed Diane as she was AWOL from rehab at the same time as the murder. Motive and opportunity.

Posted by simscb at Friday, September 23 2011 07:53 AM

From what I read, MTS was on hiatus because she had used up all her on-screen appearances. She had NO IDEA why she was in limbo all these months until now it is revealed it was about a CONTRACT. That's BS.

MAB LOVES Michael Muhney's character, Adam and has done nothing for that no good piece of garbage to get away with everything he has done. Like father, like son.

I have watched this show since its inception and am fed up with all the story lines that have been left dangling for years. Since MAB has been in charge, Y&R has been going downhill with all the recycled plots. Many, many viewers have stopped watching and I am hanging on by a thread.

Posted by SoapBox46 at Friday, September 23 2011 11:21 AM

I am glad Nikki is coming back. Give her a good story. Reunite her and Victor. Maybe she can soften him up.

MORE COMMENTS: 1 2 3 » »| page: