The Young and the Restless - NEWS ROOM

In our 'The Young and the Restless' News Room, Soaps.com keeps you up-to-date with the latest Soap Opera news on the net. We also feature interviews with the soap stars, as well as local appearances by the actors and actresses.

Signy Coleman Back to Y&R as Hope!

Thursday, January 31 2008

Signy Coleman (CBS)
    Soaps.com has been able to confirm that Signy Coleman will reprise the role of Hope Adams Wilson on The Young and the Restless! The role was last played by Beth Toussaint, however, Signy originated the role and played it from 1993 to 1997 and then again in 2000 and 2002.

When last seen, Hope was taking a call from Nikki (Melody Thomas Scott), who was looking for Victor (Eric Braeden). At the time, Victor had been visiting Hope as he wrestled with his seizures. Although Victor Jr. was away at soccer camp, Victor enjoyed relaxing on the farm. By the time Nikki called, Victor had moved on along his journey to the monastery in India. Hope told Nikki this and hasn't been seen onscreen since. She did however, put in an off screen phone call to Victor last year after Nick was presumed dead in the plane crash. She asked for help in regard to Victor Jr. having disappeared. Victor took off in search of his son, but it has never come to light whether he found him or not.

This time around Hope is coming back as part of the Y&R story line that will see her and Victor's son, Victor Jr. (Chris Engen) materialize and become a part of the Genoa City canvas.

Signy Coleman, who was once married to Y&R's Vincent Irizarry (David Chow), has two daughters, Siena (with Irizarry), and Isabella, with current husband Thomas Nolan. California-native Signy also played Annie Dutton on Guiding Light in the 90's, and has kept busy making a name for herself in television crime dramas. She has had roles on "The X Files", "Law and Order: SVU", "The Division", and "Law and Order: Criminal Intent".

Soaps.com welcomes Signy back to Y&R and to the role she originated! Signy will appear beginning February 11th!

Posted by CBSoapKing at Thursday, January 31 2008 12:05 PM

This news come with mixed blessings. How I wish Signy could hang around longer and gradually deliver Victor Jr. to his father and us fans. Regretfully I hear her stay might not be long at all. I'm hoping for more of course. Will be glued to the screen for Hope's return and the revelation of Victor Jr. (the adult).

Posted by jeanbean10 at Thursday, January 31 2008 01:47 PM

yes she hasn't been on Y&R in so long and persoanlly I don't remember seeing Victor Jr. at all..I remember she had a son w/Victor..that sure happened fast! Then I don't remember much about him at all AND they NEVER talk about Victor's son or their step brother!
    Victoria and nick know there is a step brother right?
    I wonder what role they will each play? Maybe she and Vic will reconnect!

Posted by CBSoapKing at Saturday, February 02 2008 01:52 PM

Well I was watching when Victor Jr. (father, Cliff) passed away and the kid was only around 6 or seven at the time. I hope they don't try to dumb down Jr.'s age (and wisdom) because surely he knows that "Jr." means that "Sr." is your father. I thought I ready somewhere that Hope (just before dying) will tell "Jr." Victor is his real father. I hope Y&R don't play us stupid like that. Anyhoo....Victor Jr. should be a year or two younger than Nick. If they play it down more than that, I'll be mad again. I hope this kid looks a lot like Victor (moustache and all). Genoa City types (Jack, Nick, Nikki) would grab their faces in horror that a new generation of hell has arrived.
    We've gotten a whiff of "Jr." already through scripts to know he's NOT a gentle spirit like his mom, Hope. Time will tell.

Posted by miasam at Sunday, February 03 2008 08:30 AM

How interesting will it be that the person who plays David Chow and the person that will play Signy were once married and if I am not mistaken they are now divorced (in real life i mean,not on the show_

Posted by jennypu at Sunday, February 03 2008 04:10 PM

I AM GLAD SHE'S COMING BACK, THAT WILL SHOW NICKI, I BELIEVE VICTOR JR. WILL WORK FOR VICTOR OR TAKE OVER COMPANY

Posted by SusanF at Sunday, February 03 2008 08:31 PM

Victor Jr. was born in 1994. Per usual they are fast forwarding his age. My bet is that he does not have an MBA from a prestigious university but like all of the other "kids" who spend some time around Newman Enterprizes, he will be a marketing magnet in six months. Just give them a few weeks in the break room and they are off and running.

Posted by Turkeyteeth at Monday, February 04 2008 04:43 AM

Oh, no...Victor Jr has that horrible soap opera disease...RGS (rapid growth syndrome). He will come back on the show as a full grown man. From looking at his picture he will be like the build of The Professor instead of looking like Nick or Victor. I just hope Victor Jr. is evil, wicked, cruel and nasty like his dear old dad........