The Young and the Restless - NEWS ROOM

In our 'The Young and the Restless' News Room, Soaps.com keeps you up-to-date with the latest Soap Opera news on the net. We also feature interviews with the soap stars, as well as local appearances by the actors and actresses.

Has The Young And The Restless Fired Daniel Goddard As Cane?...

Thursday, April 21 2011

Daniel Goddard (CBS)
    Updated April 21:

Regarding his return to "The Young and the Restless," Daniel Goddard had this to say to friends on Facebook, "I'm getting a lot of messages asking what is going on with Cane and the show. All I can say is this... sit back, relax, and get swept up in the story that is about to unfold. I love you guys."

Updated March 31:

According to CBS Soaps In Depth, the show has confirmed that Daniel Goddard remains on contract and will indeed be appearing outside of Lily's imagination.

Updated February 15:

The show refused to comment to Entertainment Weekly on whether or not Cane was actually dead, but did confirm he would appear in the months of March, April, and May. Stay tuned to this spot for more information as it becomes available.

Original article January 10:

There has been talk on the internet today that "The Young and the Restless" may have let go of popular actor Daniel Goddard, who plays the role of Cane Ashby. Considering Cane's current danger-filled storyline on the show, it's not inconceivable that the character could go missing for a time, or even perish! No official word has been issued on the matter from Y&R or Goddard's camp. Soaps.com will keep readers informed on developments in this matter as they become available.

How would you feel if this were true? Let Soaps.com know by casting a vote in the poll.

Want more news? Check out the Soaps.com News Room. Join us on Twitter @soapoperafan, and Facebook. Come tweet and Facebook with us about "The Young and the Restless," all the other soap operas, "Glee," "Grey’s Anatomy" and "Vampire Diaries!"

Posted by Jaycee5 at Monday, January 10 2011 11:04 AM

I don't like Lane but I don't like to see anyone unemployed.

Posted by mollyandwally at Monday, January 10 2011 11:22 AM

Why bring on Cane's Dad if they are going to kill of Cane? Why not break Lily and Cane up like they did n Nick and Sharon if they need more interesting stories for the both of them. Why kill off Cane and leave the new babies fatherless?

Hated the Lily and Cane Cancer storyline, it was terrible, but there is NOTHING wrong with Cane!!!!!!!!!!!!

Posted by Annluvslane at Monday, January 10 2011 11:28 AM

Wow, if this is true, I will be done with CBS and the Young and the Restless.

Posted by DAWalls at Monday, January 10 2011 01:43 PM

I am not a Lane fan by any account but I am a Cane fan and I would much rather them break Lily and Cane up then kill him off. Or have Lily's cancer come back and kill her and let him struggle with being a single father with twins.

Posted by MsSuperSuds at Monday, January 10 2011 02:38 PM

I am hoping that this is just a rumor and that contract negotiations are in effect at this time. January 11, 2011 is the 4th anniversary of DG being hired at Y&R, so it is contract renewal time for him. Hope all goes well. There is no Y&R for me without Cane and Lily. Having him leave at this time is not a smart move anyway!

Posted by shorty725 at Monday, January 10 2011 03:46 PM

I don't want to see Cane and Lily break up nor do I want either of them killed off. Fire MAB, keep DG as Cane with Lily and his family. There are a lot more s/ls for this couple especially with the twins. MAB only know how to write bed hoping, gloomy, dark s/ls.

Posted by lisamarie2010 at Monday, January 10 2011 03:59 PM

I so don't want Daniel to leave YR I used to watch BeastMaster when he was on it I was surprise and happy to have him on YR!

Posted by Charme at Monday, January 10 2011 04:47 PM

If Daniel Goddard was let go, this would be such a travesty. This man gives so much of himself in his performance as Cane and in his efforts to reach out and relate to his fans. No Cane/Lane, signals no Y&R viewing for me.

Posted by ttaylor at Monday, January 10 2011 07:07 PM

I love Cane, they just need to give him and Lily and the babies a chance to be happy!!

Posted by bail at Monday, January 10 2011 08:25 PM

I will never understand why these writers can not give the viewers what they want. Daniel is one of the best actors Y&R have. MAB never gave this actor a chance to show what he could bring to the screen, instead she put him and Christel on the back burner for months.

She re-wrote his character, his s/l to make other characters look good. Cane and Lily along with the Winters are the reason I stayed with this soap, but with a stroke of a pen MAB destroyed this whole family. If this rumor turns out to be true, I will be moving on, I have no reason to stick around.

MORE COMMENTS: 1 2 3 » »| page: