List of Shows

recommended for you

Tell your friends

TELL YOUR FRIENDS

The Young and the Restless - MESSAGE BOARDS

Soaps Boards :: The Young and the Restless Forum :: Katherine's Facelift

Please register and login to be able to post in this message board.

Katherine's Facelift

Started by janie.white at 2009/02/13 01:18PM
    Latest post: 2009/02/14 10:45AM, Views: 2583, Replies: 7
    page:
    #1   2009/02/13 01:18PM
    Katherine's Facelift
    janie.white

OK, so I found out that in 1984 Katherine Chancellor had a facelift in real life and they included it on the show. I am really curious to see it, does anybody have a video of it? Or can anyone tell me what it was like? Like did they show the actual operation or just cut to her in recovery?

I think the coolest part is that Jeanne Coopers reaction to the facelift in REAL life was recorded and used on the show!

#2   2009/02/13 01:21PM
    Re: Katherine's Facelift
    marylou627

This was a while ago, but as best I can remember, they showed parts of the actual surgery.

#3   2009/02/13 01:25PM
    gommie

I can't recall how much of the gory details were actually shown of the suregery itself-but I remember that she wanted a fdacelift and it was worked into her s/l

#4   2009/02/13 06:39PM
    Rebecca Rau

Quote janie.white: OK, so I found out that in 1984 Katherine Chancellor had a facelift in real life and they included it on the show. I am really curious to see it, does anybody have a video of it? Or can anyone tell me what it was like? Like did they show the actual operation or just cut to her in recovery?

I think the coolest part is that Jeanne Coopers reaction to the facelift in REAL life was recorded and used on the show!

Hi, Janie! I remember watching this episode(s), way back when. Unfortunately, I don't have a copy of it, nor have I found any footage on Youtube. I remember Katherine (Jeanne)lying on a table with the doctor explaining what to expect. (This was a day or so before the surgery). He explained where he would be cutting and told her she must wash her hair the morning of the surgery. I remember there was actual footage of her on the operating table when the surgery was being performed but I don't remember any real details. It must not have been too gory, or I would have remembered it! I don't remember the recovery process, or if it was shown or even if I watched it. I was pretty young at the time and it kinda freaked me out a little! I know when you have cosmetic surgery, you are black and blue like you have been beaten. Don't know if they showed this or not.
    Good luck in finding any footage. If you are successful, please email me and possibly share it with me!
    I am a huge fan of Jeanne Cooper and truly admire her for allowing us into her person life so that she could be of help to women who were considering cosmetic surgery. She is a very kind, generous lady and truly a class act in Hollywood! Love ya, Jeanne!

#5   2009/02/13 07:47PM
    tpputer

Quote janie.white: OK, so I found out that in 1984 Katherine Chancellor had a facelift in real life and they included it on the show. I am really curious to see it, does anybody have a video of it? Or can anyone tell me what it was like? Like did they show the actual operation or just cut to her in recovery?

Yes I watched it back in the day. She really looked great afterwards!! Youtube it. It may take some searching but maybe...

#6   2009/02/13 07:48PM
    tpputer

John also had one on the show and in real life.

#7   2009/02/13 09:01PM
    Daisy Jane

A few days before the face lift, Kay was in her bedroom talking to Liz Foster. She showed her what she had to do to her face to look younger. She had these little suction cups with strings attached. She would attach the suction cups to the front of her face near the scalp and pull it backwards, to make the skin tight and fewer wrinkles. Then hide the strings under her hair. It was creepy!!!

I don't remember them showing anything gory, mostly shots of the surgical room, preparations, and no close up shots of the facial surgery.

Here's two clips prior to surgery (you can see how she looked before):
    The picture is bad but Jill is showing her evil side

The first one Kay tries to make amends with Jill in their relationship.

www.youtube.com/watch?v=eHJrHRAcTPw

The second one Jill reads Kay's new will (made just in case she doesn't make it through surgery).

www.youtube.com/watch?v=Lrtz6EhoC18

This is the only clip I've seen online, it's Kay when she sees her face after surgery. Then they show Julia Newman, Nikki and Victor, followed by Liz chatting with Katherine at the hospital.

crackle.com/c/The_Minisode_Network/Young_%26_the_Restless:_Divorce/2211424/#id=2...

#8   2009/02/14 10:45AM
    Rebecca Rau

[quote]Quote Daisy Jane: [quote]Quote janie.white: OK, so I found out that in 1984 Katherine Chancellor had a facelift in real life and they included it on the show. I am really curious to see it, does anybody have a video of it? Or can anyone tell me what it was like? Like did they show the actual operation or just cut to her in recovery?

I think the coolest part is that Jeanne Coopers reaction to the facelift in REAL life was recorded and used on the show! [/quote]

A few days before the face lift, Kay was in her bedroom talking to Liz Foster. She showed her what she had to do to her face to look younger. She had these little suction cups with strings attached. She would attach the suction cups to the front of her face near the scalp and pull it backwards, to make the skin tight and fewer wrinkles. Then hide the strings under her hair. It was creepy!!!

I don't remember them showing anything gory, mostly shots of the surgical room, preparations, and no close up shots of the facial surgery.

Here's two clips prior to surgery (you can see how she looked before):
    The picture is bad but Jill is showing her evil side

The first one Kay tries to make amends with Jill in their relationship.

www.youtube.com/watch?v=eHJrHRAcTPw

The second one Jill reads Kay's new will (made just in case she doesn't make it through surgery).

www.youtube.com/watch?v=Lrtz6EhoC18

This is the only clip I've seen online, it's Kay when she sees her face after surgery. Then they show Julia Newman, Nikki and Victor, followed by Liz chatting with Katherine at the hospital.

crackle.com/c/The_Minisode_Network/Young_%26_the_Restless:_Divorce/2211424/#id=2... />
    I saw the one with Kay trying to make amends with Jill before the surgery. Jill was so cruel to her. I can't believe anyone could say such awful things!

page:

Please register and login to be able to post in this message board.

« Go back to topic list