List of Shows

recommended for you

Tell your friends

TELL YOUR FRIENDS

The Young and the Restless - MESSAGE BOARDS

Soaps Boards :: The Young and the Restless Forum :: Lily and Cane Fans (No Bash)

Please register and login to be able to post in this message board.

Lily and Cane Fans (No Bash)

Started by Candace at 2009/01/13 12:55PM
    Latest post: 2014/10/23 07:48PM, Views: 6862497, Replies: 30068
    « 2871 2872 2873 2874 2875 2876 2877 2878 2879 2880 2881 » »| page:
    #28751   2013/08/19 02:27PM
    Re: New! Non-Bash Thread for Lily and Cane Fans!
    luvroflife

Hope all Laners are going to CBS.com to vote!! Lane is the only daytime couple in this poll!! Lets support.

Love & support for Lane - Luv what they portray!

#28752   2013/08/20 07:00AM
    Rfan

Morning love and support for the YR IT couple Mr and Mrs Cane and Lily Ashby.

#28753   2013/08/20 09:13AM
    Rfan

To the top where they belong.

#28754   2013/08/20 01:39PM
    MsSuperSuds

You are never given a wish without also being given the power to make it come true. You may have to work for it, however.— Richard David Bach

Good afternoon, Mr. & Mrs. Ashby! Glad to know that you will be on screen this week. Will catch up w/ you again later. Have a great evening!

#28755   2013/08/20 01:51PM
    Rfan

Don't forget to vote for Daniel Goddard and Christel Kahlil Cane and Lily Aslhby

www.cbs.com/shows/fall-previews-2013/fanticipate-fall/tab/4/6E85BF55-7630-9A80-1...

#28756   2013/08/20 02:29PM
    shalaydra75

I hope the new writers will show Lane respect.

#28757   2013/08/20 07:12PM
    MsSuperSuds

Quote shalaydra75: I hope the new writers will show Lane respect.

I hope the new writers will also give LANE the repect they deserve, too, Shalaydra! Its amazing the number of viewers who have taken on the attitudes of MAB's regime toward Lily and Cane. I am always flabbergasted when they see that for five long years, MAB tried to break them up, pair them w/ other characters in contrived situations, fire them, and/or kill them off the show. And none of it worked. LANERS get blamed for keeping the show from shooting itself in the both feet each time. So I haven't a clue what is coming this time. I guess we shall find out soo enough. Will holler at you next time. Good night and sleep well!

#28758   2013/08/20 07:55PM
    shalaydra75

Suds, I have stated that the decline of soaps began with the establishment of message boards and writers' bowing down to critics. The people on the boards do not represent the majority of viewers, particularly women viewers. I have been watching soaps since the late 1980s. I remember when soaps were about more than cheating and violence. They were about relationships and women seeking and obtaining power. Heck, Olivia was a doctor, and Ashley and Brook were Chemists. Talk Shows of the 1980s and 1990s never over took soaps, because soaps did it all.

TPTB hide behind the myth that soaps are declining because more women are working while in reality, soaps are no longer geared toward women. Any business person should look at the ratings and see that board posters and critics know less than diddle squat about soaps. Yes, they pile on Lane, but every time the writers attack them, the ratings go down. They said that the Winters were worthless, but when they were relegated to Wednesday, Y&R lost its dominance because it ratings slid significantly while those B&B and other CBS shows increased. Posters and critics said that Phyllis, Adam and the Newmans elevated ratings. Focusing on them only lowered ratings, and Phyllis' encore had no impact on ratings.

Opps-Sorry for the long rant.

Modified 1 times(s), last time at: 2013/08/20 07:58PM
    #28759   2013/08/20 07:55PM
    shalaydra75

I accidentally double posted

Modified 1 times(s), last time at: 2013/08/20 07:57PM
    #28760   2013/08/20 08:25PM
    MsSuperSuds

Quote shalaydra75: Suds, I have stated that the decline of soaps began with the establishment of message boards and writers' bowing down to critics. The people on the boards do not represent the majority of viewers, particularly women viewers. I have been watching soaps since the late 1980s. I remember when soaps were about more than cheating and violence. They were about relationships and women seeking and obtaining power. Heck, Olivia was a doctor, and Ashley and Brook were Chemists. Talk Shows of the 1980s and 1990s never over took soaps, because soaps did it all.

TPTB hide behind the myth that soaps are declining because more women are working while in reality, soaps are no longer geared toward women. Any business person should look at the ratings and see that board posters and critics know less than diddle squat about soaps. Yes, they pile on Lane, but every time the writers attack them, the ratings go down. They said that the Winters were worthless, but when they were relegated to Wednesday, Y&R lost its dominance because it ratings slid significantly while those B&B and other CBS shows increased. Posters and critics said that Phyllis, Adam and the Newmans elevated ratings. Focusing on them only lowered ratings, and Phyllis' encore had no impact on ratings.

Opps-Sorry for the long rant.

Soaps are declining b/c the writing is too unimaginative and they dwell on sexual hookups as storylines w/o very much of anything else to offer. All the family drama has dropped by the wayside unless it involves TPTB's faves, newbies, cheating, divorces, or backstabbing someone to take what they have. Business stories are the same way. From what I can see, JFP's vision of Y&R fits right in w/ this new idea of soap failures. I know that JG did not agree w/ Dylan McAvoy becoming the sole focus of Y&R. SB is not Y&R and I am sad to say that few viewers care about this newby. Anyway, we shall see what jumps off w/ both JFP & Y&R.

« 2871 2872 2873 2874 2875 2876 2877 2878 2879 2880 2881 » »| page:

Please register and login to be able to post in this message board.

« Go back to topic list