List of Shows

recommended for you

Tell your friends

TELL YOUR FRIENDS

The Young and the Restless - MESSAGE BOARDS

Soaps Boards :: The Young and the Restless Forum :: Lily and Cane Fans (No Bash)

Please register and login to be able to post in this message board.

Lily and Cane Fans (No Bash)

Started by Candace at 2009/01/13 12:55PM
    Latest post: 2014/09/30 04:43PM, Views: 6758591, Replies: 30031
    « 2861 2862 2863 2864 2865 2866 2867 2868 2869 2870 2871 » »| page:
    #28651   2013/07/29 05:41PM
    Re: New! Non-Bash Thread for Lily and Cane Fans!
    MsSuperSuds

Quote luvroflife: There really is nothing like Lane in daytime. Why we hear the chant of 'break them up'! Sadly, too many feel that the only s/l is someone cheating so writers focus on 'hookups'. For whatever reason they realized the Lily/Tyler approach wasn't working and appear to have ended this.

Writers need to recognize women as strong individuals that do more than pine for a man to the detriment of everything else!! If they only would write women realistically, ratings would soar.

What ever, Lane has been through more than any characters/pairings. And they have held on to their hearts. That is why I love them so.

Some bumps maybe ahead, but they will survive. They are GOLD!

Lily and Cane are the only characters in this whole Rose/mytery blogger storyline to whom the viewers are paying attention. Nobody else causes a stir or a murmur from the audience until the blogger goes after either Lily and/or Cane now. Don't know what the story is but the writers need to make this one sizzle. The difference between 1st and 2nd place in the ratings is ONLY one million viewers. The ratings are the real game changer for stories on Y&R. All these bedhopping, cheating spouses, & cheaap hookups for female characters need to end. They are not the story in themselves and should have never been used that way. Triangles and quadrangles are sickening. I don't have a short attenytion span so i don't bore easily; but this tripe is for the birds. I want some good storytelling or this writing crew needs to take a powder and/or be show the door just like MAB. This is the way Lily should have been written all along during the past 7 months. Anyway I am looking forward to seeing this gamechanger for LANE to work together for once instead of against each other.

#28652   2013/07/30 01:55PM
    MsSuperSuds

You're alive. Do something. The directive in life, the moral imperative was so uncomplicated. It could be expressed in single words, not complete sentences. It sounded like this: Look. Listen. Choose. Act.
    — Barbara Hall

I am waiting for the next LANE conversation and it better be a good one! Will catch you later, Mr. & Mrs. Ashby!

#28653   2013/07/31 08:27AM
    daneerose

Looking forward to seeing the Ashby's today. I missed Cane so much the last two days. It's just not Lane when I don't see them together at least once in an epi. I hope Lane will not be dumbed down and used by tptbs latest newbie. Long Live Lane!

#28654   2013/07/31 10:50AM
    MsSuperSuds

Live today. Not yesterday. Not tomorrow. Just today. Inhabit your moments. Don't rent them out to tomorrow. — Jerry Spinelli

Good afternoon, Mr. & Mrs. Ashby! Its Hump Day once again. Looked at the LANE scenes of today'e epi. FF'd thru the rest. While I can truthfully state that I like the personal interactions & even the arguments between Lily and Cane, I feel that both are being set up for future marital discord. Different day, time, location, occasion, & intruder but the same old tired conversation/arguement for LANE. I am getting whiplash, fatigued & soooo damn tired of the enticement to watch the episode just b/c LANE is in it & realize they are being used once again as a filler. Sorry showrunners, I don't watch the other stuff b/c I don't like the characters & have not one bit of interest in saving Nick's scummy behind or seeing sharon thrown under the buss to save him. Write something worth watching if you want viewers. Luv you much, Mr. & Mrs. Ashby! Just hate to see you used & abused in such a ridiculous fashion. Will holler at you again next time.

I will be glad when Lily & Cane work together to get rid of the blogger and these marital intruders. They are like buzzards of discord causing trouble and ready to swoop in to pick up the bones like birds or prey. Make that scavengers! That is not happiness for anybody involved. It is best to attract, develop and grow in a relationship that forms naturally. Newbies should Not be trying to bust up a happy couple so you can get the one you want. That is a secondary theme for a story. Y&R was & still should be better than a bunch of triangles, quadrangles, hookups, manwh-o-r-e-s & Ho's.

I agree w/ you Luvroflife! There is nothing in daytime TV like LANE and there will never be anything like them to come along for a long, long time. Cherish them while you can, Y&R!

Modified 2 times(s), last time at: 2013/07/31 11:00AM
    #28655   2013/07/31 12:19PM
    luvroflife

Love Lane!! And writers have historically drawn out all of their s/ls for max effect. No different now. Lily/Tyler?? Lily has insecurities that this person zeroed in on; Hilary? she thinks there is a crack she can slither into.

Lane is golden and portrays LOVE. THIS is what I appreciate about them. No 'road' is smooth. But these two have had everything thrown at them, now interlopers but in spite of temptations, they remain true to themselves and each other.

Love and support to a couple that represents more viewers than the occasional sensationalist.

#28656   2013/07/31 01:57PM
    MsSuperSuds

Quote luvroflife: Love Lane!! And writers have historically drawn out all of their s/ls for max effect. No different now. Lily/Tyler?? Lily has insecurities that this person zeroed in on; Hilary? she thinks there is a crack she can slither into.

Lane is golden and portrays LOVE. THIS is what I appreciate about them. No 'road' is smooth. But these two have had everything thrown at them, now interlopers but in spite of temptations, they remain true to themselves and each other.

Love and support to a couple that represents more viewers than the occasional sensationalist.

ITA! Have you noticed that other soaps and primetime shows are featuring more IR couples while Y&R is trying to decimate the most popular couple in the history of the show? LANE was never intended to be an IR couple--just two people who loved each other & who happened to be of different races. Fans paid no attention to the IR aspect so it was never mentioned until MAB reared her nasty head. Anyway, I am looking forward to some longevity for LANE. Hopefully the latest irritatingly incompetent showrunners will leave b/f damage is done.

Modified 1 times(s), last time at: 2013/07/31 01:59PM
    #28657   2013/07/31 02:28PM
    luvroflife

Quote MsSuperSuds:
    Quote luvroflife: Love Lane!! And writers have historically drawn out all of their s/ls for max effect. No different now. Lily/Tyler?? Lily has insecurities that this person zeroed in on; Hilary? she thinks there is a crack she can slither into.

ITA! Have you noticed that other soaps and primetime shows are featuring more IR couples while Y&R is trying to decimate the most popular couple in the history of the show? LANE was never intended to be an IR couple--just two people who loved each other & who happened to be of different races. Fans paid no attention to the IR aspect so it was never mentioned until MAB reared her nasty head. Anyway, I am looking forward to some longevity for LANE. Hopefully the latest irritatingly incompetent showrunners will leave b/f damage is done.

I definitely have noticed and seen a few posters relate to potential "Tabby" as an IR couple and I scratch my head at what is Lane??

No matter, they transcend!!

#28658   2013/07/31 04:06PM
    daneerose

Wanted to post this tweet from YRinsider nice pic of the Ashby's too.

Young & The Restless ‏@YRInsider 5h

RT if you love the #YR Ashby family! They will fight to survive anything!! @DanielGoddard @ChristelAdnana pic.twitter.com/au7LbOAeSc

I cannot say how much I miss LaneAlways. I know she needed to pull away but her presence is sure missed. If any of you speak to her tell I said Hi.

#28659   2013/07/31 04:29PM
    MsSuperSuds

Here is an FYI:

To vote for DG, CK and Lane for favorite actor/actress/couple, please mail your choices to:

CBS Readers' Poll
    c/o Soaps In Depth
    270 Sylvan Ave.
    Englewood Cliffs, NJ 07632

Please note that the cut-off date for your votes to be counted will be Thursday, Aug. 1, 2013.

Hey Anny! You are not the only one who misses Lanie! She is the one who usually posts poll deadlines. I forgot to do so but here is the latest. Lanealways, I miss you baby girl. Give us a post to let us know you are alive, well and still kicking!

#28660   2013/07/31 05:59PM
    restlesstalk

Funny, you mention Lanealways, I was just thinking of her today, and missing her presence as always!

Cane and Lily Ashby are wonderful, and I always will support them!

« 2861 2862 2863 2864 2865 2866 2867 2868 2869 2870 2871 » »| page:

Please register and login to be able to post in this message board.

« Go back to topic list