List of Shows

recommended for you

Tell your friends

TELL YOUR FRIENDS

The Young and the Restless - MESSAGE BOARDS

Soaps Boards :: The Young and the Restless Forum :: Lily and Cane Fans (No Bash)

Please register and login to be able to post in this message board.

Lily and Cane Fans (No Bash)

Started by Candace at 2009/01/13 12:55PM
    Latest post: 2014/12/20 06:17AM, Views: 7104767, Replies: 30141
    « 2849 2850 2851 2852 2853 2854 2855 2856 2857 2858 2859 » »| page:
    #28531   2013/07/10 08:21AM
    Re: New! Non-Bash Thread for Lily and Cane Fans!
    shorty725

Quote Rfan: Love and support for the best couple in Daytime. Ladies you know our couple is Y&R's IT couple the haters know it too. That is why they are always wanting them paired with their favs hoping some of what Lane has will rub off on their fav. I just laugh when I see a post about them being boring, boring never got this much attention. DG/CK are dynamite together the chemistry between them is natural and organic you can not write that you have it or you don't. No matter how hard the writers try they can not duplicate what Lane has for others it just does not work.

Please say that again because there are those that don't see the magic that this couple has, so that say that Lane is boring. Boring my A(unt)S(ally)S(adie).

Modified 1 times(s), last time at: 2013/07/10 08:22AM
    #28532   2013/07/10 10:43AM
    MsSuperSuds

A great attitude does much more than turn on the lights in our worlds; it seems to magically connect us to all sorts of serendipitous opportunities that were somehow absent before the change.
    — Earl Nightingale

Good afternoon, Ashby Family! You are a beautiful family & I have loved your scenes in the last two episodes. The twins are cute as pie and they make my day. Hope we get to see lots more of them w/ you on screen.

We won't get to see you this week; but I do hope that all is well in your corner of the world. Looking forward to seeing you on screen working something positive for a change. Luv you much and I will check on you again later.

#28533   2013/07/10 08:39PM
    shalaydra75

The posters who called Lane boring are the reason for Y & R's decline. Unfortunately, the writers listen to these posters. Every time they do, the ratings decline. then the writers quickly put Lane back together without a real storyline. For instance, it has been 4 years since "Cane so-called background" was revealed and not once has the couple talked about it. Lane has never been given a real well-rounded s/l, and it is because writers are appealing to a vocal minority.

#28534   2013/07/11 11:15AM
    MsSuperSuds

It doesn't matter who you are, where you come from. The ability to triumph begins with you. Always. — Oprah Winfrey

Good afternoon, Lily & Cane Ashby! Glad to know that you will be on screen today even if it is w/o much of a story of your own. Eyeballs are needed to keep Y&R on the air so I guess you get incorporated into the act, too. Looking forward to the day when you have a story on screen that is appropriate for you. Luv you much and I will holler at you later in the day.

#28535   2013/07/11 11:22AM
    MsSuperSuds

Quote shalaydra75: The posters who called Lane boring are the reason for Y & R's decline. Unfortunately, the writers listen to these posters. Every time they do, the ratings decline. then the writers quickly put Lane back together without a real storyline. For instance, it has been 4 years since "Cane so-called background" was revealed and not once has the couple talked about it. Lane has never been given a real well-rounded s/l, and it is because writers are appealing to a vocal minority.

You are absolutely right. Everytime there is a LANE breakup in order to prop a pet or newby, the ratings suffer. If fewer eyeballs looking at this schlock is what Y&R desires, so be it! TPTB are working hard to attain it. FYI: LANERS have been begging for all of those 4 years to allow Lily & Cane to hash out these inconsistencies on screen so they can move forward; but showrunners have not listened. I love the family time & the love scenes but they are not enough to sustain this couple. Looking forward to seeing where this current "crock of crap" is going for LANE & to what TPTB calls success for Lily & Cane.

#28536   2013/07/11 02:21PM
    restlesstalk

Quote shorty725:
    Quote Rfan: Love and support for the best couple in Daytime. Ladies you know our couple is Y&R's IT couple the haters know it too. That is why they are always wanting them paired with their favs hoping some of what Lane has will rub off on their fav. I just laugh when I see a post about them being boring, boring never got this much attention. DG/CK are dynamite together the chemistry between them is natural and organic you can not write that you have it or you don't. No matter how hard the writers try they can not duplicate what Lane has for others it just does not work.

Please say that again because there are those that don't see the magic that this couple has, so that say that Lane is boring. Boring my A(unt)S(ally)S(adie).

I love these two posts and the ones after. Truth spoken in them all!

#28537   2013/07/11 05:56PM
    daneerose

Hi Laners! I just watched todays epi on Youtube. Did anyone see the way Hilary was looking at Cane and Lily? She didn't look like she had good thoughts about them. What do you all think she is up to when it comes to Lane?

#28538   2013/07/11 06:08PM
    shalaydra75

Quote MsSuperSuds:
    Quote shalaydra75: The posters who called Lane boring are the reason for Y & R's decline. Unfortunately, the writers listen to these posters. Every time they do, the ratings decline. then the writers quickly put Lane back together without a real storyline. For instance, it has been 4 years since "Cane so-called background" was revealed and not once has the couple talked about it. Lane has never been given a real well-rounded s/l, and it is because writers are appealing to a vocal minority.

You are absolutely right. Everytime there is a LANE breakup in order to prop a pet or newby, the ratings suffer. If fewer eyeballs looking at this schlock is what Y&R desires, so be it! TPTB are working hard to attain it. FYI: LANERS have been begging for all of those 4 years to allow Lily & Cane to hash out these inconsistencies on screen so they can move forward; but showrunners have not listened. I love the family time & the love scenes but they are not enough to sustain this couple. Looking forward to seeing where this current "crock of crap" is going for LANE & to what TPTB calls success for Lily & Cane.

I believe that this s/l is going to be a bust. JG has not learned a doggone thing from MAB's mistake. As did MAB, JG has started with the premise of breaking up Lane and figuring out the particulars later. For instance, Tyler was afraid on the elevator because his father was abusive. Later, the writers revealed that he was not violent. Lily worked with Tyler for awhile without showing interest in him, but all of a sudden she was interested in him. Lily supposedly enjoy his company because he values her ideas and lavishes attention on her; no one supports Lily's career or lavishes more attention on her than Cane. The writers had her acting side ways before Cane became CEO of CI.

I think that JG will never move in the 5 million viewer range because he cannot convince viewers who left Y & R to return. As an A/A, I have always enjoyed Lily/Neil's relationship. There are not many shows that portray black women who were reared as baby girls. Since when we were children our relative constantly told us that we were strong, competent, smart and beautiful, we do not "get weak at knees" when a man compliments us after we become adults. I think that nearly every woman on this board will admit that they may be flattered when a man tells them that they are beautiful, but when that same man tells some one else the same thing, it does not matter.

In essence, with this s/l, JG is stealing from Lily her character and background; that is something that even MAB did not do. It is sad!! No matter what, I will support the Lily character, but I do not think I will be able to watch the writers butcher her.

#28539   2013/07/11 06:21PM
    shalaydra75

Quote daneerose: Hi Laners! I just watched todays epi on Youtube. Did anyone see the way Hilary was looking at Cane and Lily? She didn't look like she had good thoughts about them. What do you all think she is up to when it comes to Lane?

I guess for me, I do not factor in characters too much. I look at what writers want. I have always believed that writers are obsessed with breaking up Lane. Since viewers called them on their stereotypical introductory of Tyler, they think the Cane/Hillary affair will prove they are not racist and give Lily a reason to go with Tyler. Notice how they still have Tyler in Lily's orbit. They seek to show the audience what "it really wants." Cane will then move on with either Chelsea or Sharon or Chloe or Victoria; you know a "suitable CEO partner." Lily, Tyler and the rest of the Winters would be segregated at the fashion division of Jabot. JMO

#28540   2013/07/11 07:59PM
    MsSuperSuds

Good night, Ashby family! Looking forward to seeing more of you on screen often. I want more family time and more story than a love scene. There is so much more to Lily and Cane that that little slice of life. Too bad the other couples cannot catch up, so they have to be knocked down to their level. To see either or both starting over is a waste of time when so much development and growth awaits this pair. Its a pity that JG will not or simply cannot capture that and run with it. That means that Y&R will be forever in a stalled, stagnant cycle w/ all couples & romantic relationships while the audience seeks fulfilment elsewhere. Sleep well, beautiful family! Will catch up with you again on tomorrow.

I agree, Shalaydra! The witing for LANE is a mess. Notice the writers have to announce what is happening to them b/c it does not show on the screen. LANE is still making mad, passionate love to each other & it looks intense & realistic. Nothing phony about it. Something unpleasant is afoot & I am waiting to see what it is. Perhaps Hilary in her own peculiar way will enable Lily to realize what she already has in Cane. In the meantime, she should be wary of this newby!

« 2849 2850 2851 2852 2853 2854 2855 2856 2857 2858 2859 » »| page:

Please register and login to be able to post in this message board.

« Go back to topic list