List of Shows

recommended for you

Tell your friends

TELL YOUR FRIENDS

The Young and the Restless - MESSAGE BOARDS

Soaps Boards :: The Young and the Restless Forum :: Lily and Cane Fans (No Bash)

Please register and login to be able to post in this message board.

Lily and Cane Fans (No Bash)

Started by Candace at 2009/01/13 12:55PM
    Latest post: 2014/09/01 03:16PM, Views: 6615406, Replies: 29977
    « 2842 2843 2844 2845 2846 2847 2848 2849 2850 2851 2852 » »| page:
    #28461   2013/06/27 12:15PM
    Re: New! Non-Bash Thread for Lily and Cane Fans!
    Angela528

It is good to celebrate Lane Love today. Laners deserve to enjoy the show. We have certainly suffered through stupidity too many times. Viva Lane!

#28462   2013/06/27 12:32PM
    daneerose

Angela528 you are so right. It has been months of agonizing torture watching them write Lily OOC. I couldn't bare it. This was not the Lily we all know. We definitely need to celebrate the Lane love. Today proved they are still in love as ever. These two are very sweet together.

#28463   2013/06/27 02:54PM
    Sundance87

Showing love for Lane. So happy about the scenes today and hopefully the interloper is done for good. I'm actually looking forward to Lane scenes now.

#28464   2013/06/27 03:05PM
    Angela528

Yes they are. They fell in love the old fashion way--deeply, madly, forever. That's what the writers don't get. They are soul mates. No matter what forces try to pry them apart, their love proves to be an unbreakable bond. I have followed their love story since it began. I know the core of these two characters. Tyler is no match--if the writers remain true to the integrity of these characters. They just fit together.

#28465   2013/06/27 04:03PM
    shorty725

Quote Angela528: Yes they are. They fell in love the old fashion way--deeply, madly, forever. That's what the writers don't get. They are soul mates. No matter what forces try to pry them apart, their love proves to be an unbreakable bond. I have followed their love story since it began. I know the core of these two characters. Tyler is no match--if the writers remain true to the integrity of these characters. They just fit together.

Yes, they did. I remember that first kiss like it was yesterday. Lily really laid one on Cane, he was falling in love with her after that kiss but both of them tried to deny their feelings. My bff told me about today's epi where Devon told Whiny Boy that he no longer had a reason to be around Lily. I can't wait to see it for myself. Devon can be a pain the the butt but he can also be very protective when it comes to Lily. Whiny Boy, go away, you're no longer needed.

#28466   2013/06/28 07:14AM
    MsSuperSuds

BAD EDITING JOB!I loved the talks between Lily & Cane in the last two episodes b/c Lily was totally honest w/ him; but the editors cut out the part where she told Cane about the kiss. She told Cane but I could tell the editors cut that part of the confession out. I assume that a big stink is going to made out of her omitting that down the line when she actually did not. What was meant to be an honest confession by Lily is being sabotaged by more weak writing to drag out this current foolishness and turn off viewers. A reallly poor editing job is what I can really see here. AND the purpose for it is very clear to me especially if this guy does not work out elsewhere, he will be back in Lily's face & LANE's space again! Sickening!

Just popped in to say good morning to Mr. & Mrs. Ashby, Mattie & Charlie. I enjoyed seeing you on screen for the last 2 days. You made watching those 2 episodes fun again. Don't know when I have enjoyed any episodes of Y&R as much. Hope to see more of those intense conversations between the two of you. Hope you have a great day and I will holler at you again soon.

#28467   2013/06/28 11:31AM
    daneerose

Hello Laners! I enjoyed this weeks YnR. Such good scenes we got. They really knew what we liked and gave it to us. I am even enjoying the Devon rivalry with DTM. Devon don't take no smack. I wish they would allow Cane to be shown as strong. MAB made Cane too soft and this regime seems to be continuing this. The love scene were so good. Nobody does it like Lane. I also found the montage with Billy's voice over very interesting and affirming of Lane's love. Thank you so much CBSdaytime! Long Live Lane!

#28468   2013/06/28 12:19PM
    shalaydra75

I still remember Lane almost kiss.

#28469   2013/06/28 01:22PM
    luvroflife

Hi Everyone!! Hope you all have a wonderful holiday!!

So love what Lane represents. And I feel fairly certain that this was never TPTB's intent. They are an anomaly in daytime; and writers' pulling back (after torturing us for 6 mos) kind of suggest that they now realize "LANE is gold"!!

Theres probably more BS ahead but I feel confident that Lane will persevere.

#28470   2013/06/28 01:59PM
    MsSuperSuds

Quote luvroflife: Hi Everyone!! Hope you all have a wonderful holiday!!

So love what Lane represents. And I feel fairly certain that this was never TPTB's intent. They are an anomaly in daytime; and writers' pulling back (after torturing us for 6 mos) kind of suggest that they now realize "LANE is gold"!!

Theres probably more BS ahead but I feel confident that Lane will persevere.

More competition for a shrinking number of viewers is what should make this regime wake up and smell the coffee brewing outside its doors. I love TP's The Have & Have Notson OWN. OLTL & AMC are finding a home on OWN for a limited test run during the latter half of this month starting July 15. The writing and the acting for Y&R has been watered down so much that it is in a weak and vulnerable spot right now. Using a bonafide attraction is the only way to remain at the top of this unsteady ratings war. So far, what they have put on screen has been attracting viewers for the story or the character but not for the long haul. Featuring too many newbies who are not Y&R material on screen will not keep loyal viewers watching. There is a lot for Y&R to contend w/ and while putting the soap on TGVN might help somewhat initially, there is no guarantee that more viewers will continue to watch after the initial fascination wears off.

Oh yeah, there is another soap on ABC call Mistresses. Scandal and Dallas are doing blockbuster business w/ viewers. If Daytime TV won't supply soaps, primetime sure will. Y&R has its work cut out for it. The Y&R showrunners definitely need to build up Lily and Cane into stronger characters w/ stronger presences unless they intend to be run over, eaten and/or beaten by the competition. I love Lily and Cane. They make marriage and family life seem like so much fun.

By the same token, JG needs to strengthen all the characters on the show. Most are weak-kneed, wishy-washy milquetoast blatherers who make me sick. In other words, none are very interesting.

Modified 1 times(s), last time at: 2013/06/28 02:08PM
    « 2842 2843 2844 2845 2846 2847 2848 2849 2850 2851 2852 » »| page:

Please register and login to be able to post in this message board.

« Go back to topic list