List of Shows

recommended for you

Tell your friends

TELL YOUR FRIENDS

The Young and the Restless - MESSAGE BOARDS

Soaps Boards :: The Young and the Restless Forum :: Lily and Cane Fans (No Bash)

Please register and login to be able to post in this message board.

Lily and Cane Fans (No Bash)

Started by Candace at 2009/01/13 12:55PM
    Latest post: 2014/09/01 03:16PM, Views: 6614231, Replies: 29977
    « 2836 2837 2838 2839 2840 2841 2842 2843 2844 2845 2846 » »| page:
    #28401   2013/06/22 10:49AM
    Re: New! Non-Bash Thread for Lily and Cane Fans!
    MsSuperSuds

I saw a stationery ad on TGVN plastered across the bottome of the screen about Y&R being aired there starting July 1. Guess who was pictured in the lower right corner in an embrace? None other than our Lily & Cane. They have been featured on SON quite prominently lately. Seems they are used everywhere for advertisements but given no decent screen time. That needs to change. Bait & switch is not working. Y&R can't use them in promos & then feature Villy, Chlovin, Chylan, Navery and everybody else to keep those viewers watching. If LANE attract viewers, they need a payoff & the viewers deserve to see what they tuned in for--not subsitutes.

ITA, Rfan! Constantly propping newbies deserves a reward of more screentime for Lily & Cane. LANE has got an awfully lot of the folks on the show noticed and featured while they languish on the backburner. Time for being used & abused for the sake of the show & other characters to end.

I also agree that some much-needed intense talks between the two are overdue and should take place ASAP. This should not be a one-time talk. They have five years of clutter & trust issues to clear up. AND they need to get started right away.

Modified 2 times(s), last time at: 2013/06/22 10:54AM
    #28402   2013/06/22 11:03AM
    Lanealways

Happy Sat Laners first and foremost my prayers to our friends in Canada affected by those awful floods. I hope our LanerFamily over there are safe and thoughts and prayers to those who lost their loved ones. I know they are strong people and they will rebuild and I also pray they will get all the help they need to rebuild, stay strong.❤❤

#28403   2013/06/22 12:24PM
    Lanealways

MsSuperSuds

I saw a stationery ad on TGVN plastered across the bottome of the screen about Y&R being aired there starting July 1. Guess who was pictured in the lower right corner in an embrace? None other than our Lily & Cane. They have been featured on SON quite prominently lately. Seems they are used everywhere for advertisements but given no decent screen time. That needs to change. Bait & switch is not working. Y&R can't use them in promos & then feature Villy, Chlovin, Chylan, Navery and everybody else to keep those viewers watching. If LANE attract viewers, they need a payoff & the viewers deserve to see what they tuned in for--not subsitutes.

ITA, Rfan! Constantly propping newbies deserves a reward of more screentime for Lily & Cane. LANE has got an awfully lot of the folks on the show noticed and featured while they languish on the backburner. Time for being used & abused for the sake of the show & other characters to end.

I also agree that some much-needed intense talks between the two are overdue and should take place ASAP. This should not be a one-time talk. They have five years of clutter & trust issues to clear up. AND they need to get started right away.

Quote Rfan:
    Quote restlesstalk:
    Quote shorty725:
    Quote shalaydra75:

Just want to give much luv to Lane.
    Lanealways-I am so glad that you came back. Your posts are filled with information, and your opinions often mirror mine. As long as you are around, I can have a seat and allow you to speak my peace.

I agree completely.

Cane and Lily need to talk. Cane and Lily need a storyline focused on them. Where they are NOT supporting characters for douches, and snoopy assistants! Viva Lane!

It is time for a payoff for all the hard work of propping newbies.

Hey Rfan, Suds, danee, restless, shorty, Shay, et all

Its not a permanent thing, I'm only temporarily back Laners since JFP & Co feel the need to trash CK/Lily I feel the need to say something about it otherwise I don't give a rat's patottie what they do or don't do. To say this show has soured me is an understatement.

I just wanted to add few points to this entire debacle that begun with Mab and Co.

I have already stated many times that the reason they hate Lane so much is because of the CK / Lily factor. The statement stands for itself.
    It is also important to note that I never complained about this bigotry against Christel before MAB & Co took over. There is a very important distinction before Mab started running this show into the ground and now we have JFP and Co which is pretty much the same regime with different people.

I never saw this racial mentality become a front runner on YR before not like this.

With Mab and JFP who think that one person of colour is interchangeable with another, I think Suds stated it best in her former post on this thread so I'm not going to repeat because it was perfectly said. But for them to think that somehow they could get rid of Christel purely because they hired another AA actress as if somehow that satisfies their quota and that would somehow make it ok for them to continue to treat CK like dirt, is mind boggling. Do you know where they get these ideas from? the soap press and the six playhaters on MBs like DC and SOC. They think because they see the soap press hate on CK that somehow they are speaking for the majority. They think because the CK/Lane hating soap press love to hate on her saying how she isn't "black" enough or "white" enough or she doesn't "act black" or whatever bs they love spouting, that somehow they are speaking for everybody.

I don't give a damn what the soap press thinks. I never have. They do not influence me in any way shape or form. I have a mind of my own and I make good use of it, thank you. But for them to continue to cater to these bigots on both sides of the isle, really speak to heart of the higher ups IMHO
    It tells me something about the way they think, about they way they view the world in a way.

And I am not against the new gal, I am sure she is very nice and I know sometimes I may come across as very harsh with my posts and I apologise for them but I will still say whats on my mind, nevertheless. It will not come as a shock that I am all about Lane DG and CK. duhhh but the point is, if they are really interested in diversity, supposedly, they would start with Lane and anyone else they hired on the show, they would not be there because of some ulterior motive. All these newbies in Lane's orbit they are only there for one reason and one reason only, to tear them apart. Thats it. Its not about telling a story and neither is it about "diversity" its about tptb hiding behind the new hires while they try to commit some atrocity on Lane and the respective actors because they have become too popular and apparently I hear that is not good for the show, for some reason or other LOL!

But it is ok for them to force their contrived bland useless couples and characters down our throats, thats what's good for the show!

They can't have CK be the lead she has earned they must force their ideas of leading ladies on everyone, because once again they don't get it that the majority of the audience identify with CK. They can not replace what she brings to YR. It will never happen and thats alright with tptb because they don't want "someone like" her being too popular, they have their little segment of narrowminded people to play up to.

Where our truth lies as people is most often revealed in our works. And especially in the world of soaps because what they portray in these characters more & more its about satisfying their own needs and fantasies and not necessarily what they audience wants to see.

They don't want or need a thinking audience. Like JFP stated in her interview to paraphrase we are stupid and must be shown what we like.
    We the Lane fans who have supported not only Lane but Daniel and
    Christel and YR, we don't know what we're doing, she says.
    JFP knows better and she will force her vision on everyone whether
    they like it or not.

Our love for Lane stems from our love and respect for CK and DG. At least thats how I feel. I have never put so much into a fictional couple before in my life.
    And in all the years I had watched these soaps I have never seen anyone quite like Lane. Because there has never been anyone like them and I highly doubt there ever will be. Great couples come and go, but a unique couple like Lane lives on in the memories of the audience and fans for years.

I hope CK and DG realise what they have created, I hope they don't listen to the naysayers and the haters.
    Why do you guys think there has been so much envy and hatred towards them? its because they are unique.
    Its because the characters of Lily and Cane are unique and thats why you see MAB and JFP destroying those very qualities that make them so.

Mab tried to destroy Cane and now JFP is trying to destroy Lily and thereby destroy Christel. Because lets be truthful here people, lets not beat about the bush, the downfall of Lily ashby the character will be the downfall of CK the actress. If Lily is done CK will be done. That means that Lane will also be done and after thinking about it I don't DG is going to be very safe either.

He is just a means to an end for them. They might try to pair him with one of their so called leading ladies and even that will only be disastrous and he too will be on his way out. Come on its true and you all know it.

And here is another very important thing to note:
    JFP has been trying to force SB and his character on the YR audience.
    He hasn't been doing very well. But just like on GH it has to be all about him.
    JFP not only hates Lane and CK for who they are and what they stand for,
    but I also suspect she feels that they are somehow standing in the way of SB.

Don't forget that Lane (DG & CK) are the most popular on YR and eliminating them will pave the way for SB and all the other tptb pets to be #1 which will never happen whether Lane is there or not because once again they don't get it. They don't get it because they don't want to. The fans love who they love, they can't force people to like who they don't like no matter how much they try.

And no matter what they do, they will never replace the magnetism of Daniel and Christel and the very unique couple they portray. Its not about putting two people together its not about having them repeat the words that Lane have said to each other in a failed attempt to duplicate their unique chemistry. They keep trying to recreate another Lane with other people as long as its not Daniel and Christel, right.

Thats why its imperative for them to try and turn around the character of Lily and then force this new version of her on the audience as if it were fact, as if it has merit. No its Not fact and has less than zero merit. JFP and Co are taking the Mab rewrite of Lily and trying to make something of it. It has failed and will continue to fail because just like with her predecessor she did not take into account the impact CK herself has on YR and in daytime.

They are not taking into account once again that we the fans have watched Lily grow up on this show and that we have a connection to that character because of CK. Lily is not just anyone. She is cultured sophisticated she grew up in Paris. She is not a typical character. Thats what they are trying to turn her into.

She is strong and resilient. She has over come every obstacle they put infront of her....They thought it would destroy her but it only made her stronger. She is smart intelligent and compassionate. That is why people are drawn to the character of Lily.

She is not a pushover contrary to how Mab and JFP would portray her!
    She loves and she cares deeply about her family and friends. True Friendships another rare commodity in her life these days, don't you agree. SMDH on YR
    these days.

I long for the days of William bell (may he rest in peace) and LML. I know LML wasn't perfect but she understood her audience in much the same way BB did. During both regimes there was true diversity in YR. LML had begun to put the winters back on the map again like BB did. She created Lane one of the most successful pairings in daytime, ever.
    When she created Lane and wrote for them the ratings were the highest
    they had ever been.

Like suds stated once again in the above post they use them as bait to attract viewers but that does not work anymore. Any new viewers who tune into YR because of Lane are immediately disappointed when they realise they have been misled.

...Off my soap box for now I have a couple of things to attend to!

Always love my Lane no matter what, that will never change and neither will my support for CK and DG, love these two people. They are truly special much like the LaneFamily they brought together

Modified 1 times(s), last time at: 2013/06/22 12:33PM
    #28404   2013/06/22 01:08PM
    luvroflife

LaneAlways, you always tell it like it is!

For some reason, a segment of our society see and want soaps to portray the 'worse of us' and are entertained. That's why this genre is fading away.

Really wish CK and DG could find a life o/s of soaps - they are soooo much better than this. But I understand having to make a living.

Always a Laner!!

#28405   2013/06/22 01:15PM
    MsSuperSuds

Good Saturday afternoon, Lanie! Love your post! Its long and detailed; but I am glad that you took the time to write and post it. There is so much truth included and I agree with all that you wrote. At the rate JG and his team were writing Lily into stupidville, I thought I would have closed up shop on here by now. I won't be hanging around to see her regressed to adolescent stupidity. She is passed period now & its detrimental to both Lily and the show to make attempts to rid her of her husband and children so she can play in the sand pile w/ chilren again. Once Genie is out of the bottle, you cannot put her back in there that easily! Lily chose the life style that fit her personality and the current one does not.

Night clubs! drinking alcoholic beverages! drugs! drunken binges! Partying! Dancing the night away? indiscriminate sex! Passing out in strange places! Waking up in man caves or dingy half-furnished apartments! Not remembering what happened the night before! Smelling like booze, stinky clothes, & trying to make it to work on Monday morning partially hungover! That scene will get old after a few episodes & she will miss her life she fought so hard to get, maintain & keep in tact. Besides Lily has to be careful w/ her health. I am still here b/c she has not crossed over into "No woman's land" yet; but if she does, I can see no turning back. Neil stated that to her and she should believe him. Like I continue to state: You cannot put Genie back into the bottle once she escapes. It makes me sad to even think that way. And it hurts me to my heart to see CK and her alter-ego, Lily, destroyed in this way. These suckers just cannot write a decent story w/o WTD, lying, stealing, jealousy, & cheating as the main themes. Nothing else happens on this show. Gotta go! Will holler at you again a little later.

#28406   2013/06/22 05:40PM
    daneerose

I saw this article on SOC called the Good,Bad,Ugly. Seems they agree with our perception of DTM. We aren't the only ones that see his arrogance. The writer also mentioned Cane quietly confronting him. I loved it Cane looked dangerous and DTM better watch his step.

A character I could easily do without is Tyler. What a surly egotistical jerk! No one is indispensable. If he had worked for me with that attitude, he would have been fired long ago. He's got a chip on his shoulder the size of Quasimodo's hump (yes, I know I'm repeating myself) and I'm rooting for Devon to knock it off. Tyler may be bigger and stronger, but he's a bully. I hope that Devon gets to use his words and superior brainpower to take Tyler down.

Cane got in a couple of good verbal shots (pun intended) when he spotted Tyler headed to the bar at On The Boulevard. Both Tyler and Adam seem to spend a lot of time in bars, and both use alcohol to get numbed when things don't go their way. What will happen to these intrepid entrepreneurs first? Liver transplant or intervention?

#28407   2013/06/22 06:57PM
    shorty725

Quote MsSuperSuds: Good Saturday afternoon, Lanie! Love your post! Its long and detailed; but I am glad that you took the time to write and post it. There is so much truth included and I agree with all that you wrote. At the rate JG and his team were writing Lily into stupidville, I thought I would have closed up shop on here by now. I won't be hanging around to see her regressed to adolescent stupidity. She is passed period now & its detrimental to both Lily and the show to make attempts to rid her of her husband and children so she can play in the sand pile w/ chilren again. Once Genie is out of the bottle, you cannot put her back in there that easily! Lily chose the life style that fit her personality and the current one does not.

Night clubs! drinking alcoholic beverages! drugs! drunken binges! Partying! Dancing the night away? indiscriminate sex! Passing out in strange places! Waking up in man caves or dingy half-furnished apartments! Not remembering what happened the night before! Smelling like booze, stinky clothes, & trying to make it to work on Monday morning partially hungover! That scene will get old after a few episodes & she will miss her life she fought so hard to get, maintain & keep in tact. Besides Lily has to be careful w/ her health. I am still here b/c she has not crossed over into "No woman's land" yet; but if she does, I can see no turning back. Neil stated that to her and she should believe him. Like I continue to state: You cannot put Genie back into the bottle once she escapes. It makes me sad to even think that way. And it hurts me to my heart to see CK and her alter-ego, Lily, destroyed in this way. These suckers just cannot write a decent story w/o WTD, lying, stealing, jealousy, & cheating as the main themes. Nothing else happens on this show. Gotta go! Will holler at you again a little later.

Suds, Lanie, Restless, Rfan, Shalaydra75, Daneerose and all of the rest of the Laners, I hope that all is well with you and your families.

Ladies your posts are spot on and very insightful. What else is there to say when the truth has already been printed except, BRAVO! BRAVO!

#28408   2013/06/22 10:01PM
    L4LANE

Good Evening Laners,
    I have not been on the board lately, my work takes up all my time lately. But I had to stop in tonight, to read what's going on with my beautiful couple, I am very disappointed that things have not changed on this show, these idiots that call themselves writers are still gunning for Lily. After reading some of your posts I have to see the scenes with Cane, I love DG when he is giving a chance to display his amazing talent. As much as I love CK I refuse to watch her these days just to give this lousy bias show a better rating no way Jose if they want my viewership, the writing better change for CK.

I have had enough with these writers first with that witch MAB and now this new team. CBS better wake up, because we the fan control the destiny of this show and the Lane fans do not give up that easy, we will fight for our couple for ever.
    CK/DG need a better storyline and if these so called writers cannot write for them hire back the writer that created them at least she knew when she had gold and used to her advantage and the show had the highest rating.

Lanie, kudos to you sweetie you always speak the truth, it's so obvious that the new writer beat up on CK because the actress is just amazing and beautiful. I could say more but I will save it for another time.

Well it's Saturday and it's my Vintage Lane night.

#28409   2013/06/23 03:31AM
    Rfan

Love and support for the best couple in Daytime Mr and Mrs Cane and Lily Ashby.

Laners does any of you find it strange that the haters and those trying to ship others want to be heard by the show but don't want the show to hear Laners. Crazy, crazy just crazy.

Modified 1 times(s), last time at: 2013/06/23 03:37AM
    #28410   2013/06/23 07:48AM
    daneerose

Rfan I find it hilarious they want us to shut up and go away so they can have what they want. After all we have been through with this couple NO WAY IN HELL is that going to happen. They need to find someone else for that dude. But he wouldn't get half as much buzz as he does with Lily and they know it. They aren't truly fans of Lily its all about him for them. I remember no one paid much attention to Cane when he was with Amber, it was when he got with Lily his popularity begin. That first kiss between Cane and Lily propelled Lane into the super couple they are today. They are the most popular interracial couple to date and I love everything about them. There is one thing for sure Cane and Lily have a chemistry that cannot be duplicated with anyone!

« 2836 2837 2838 2839 2840 2841 2842 2843 2844 2845 2846 » »| page:

Please register and login to be able to post in this message board.

« Go back to topic list