List of Shows

recommended for you

Tell your friends

TELL YOUR FRIENDS

The Young and the Restless - MESSAGE BOARDS

Soaps Boards :: The Young and the Restless Forum :: Lily and Cane Fans (No Bash)

Please register and login to be able to post in this message board.

Lily and Cane Fans (No Bash)

Started by Candace at 2009/01/13 12:55PM
    Latest post: 2014/08/26 07:28PM, Views: 6597029, Replies: 29964
    « 2636 2637 2638 2639 2640 2641 2642 2643 2644 2645 2646 » »| page:
    #26401   2013/01/17 10:56AM
    Re: New! Non-Bash Thread for Lily and Cane Fans!
    MsSuperSuds

Just wanted to pop in and say hello to my favorite soap couple on daytime TV! Hello Mr. & Mrs. Ethan Ashby! Luved those HOT, HOT, HOT love scenes in yesterday's episode. I am so glad that you always look & talk directly to each other. During any conversation, Cane's eyes always light up when he is looking at Miss Lily as if to say "I am so glad to be here. I am one lucky man." Lily's eyes are always smiling, happy, dancing about mischeviously, daring Cane to be adventurous. He gorgeous big brown eyes express lots of love for her husband & say "I am glad you are here, too. I am one lucky woman." Romantic chemistry like this does not grow on trees. TPTB should take advantage of it while they have it in LANE.

Now that is good acting b/c I believe the love scenes and the love they share for each other. Sometimes I wonder how these two do that w/o being romantically involved w/ each other. Oh well, I hope there is more to this story and I hope it will come ASAP. Love the pleasure in the afternoon bit. Need more frontburner stories for Lily & Cane. Will holler back atcha later in the day. Have a great day.

Modified 1 times(s), last time at: 2013/01/17 11:02AM
    #26402   2013/01/17 11:08AM
    Rfan

Veronica...ILuvOlitz‏@ILuvCandyCane

Gurl The Thangs Im Gon Do To You...Part Two! Lol! #YR #Laneyr pic.twitter.com/w4SNj0dZ

#26403   2013/01/17 09:16PM
    Lanealways

happy email thursday Laners

#26404   2013/01/17 09:25PM
    Lanealways

Loved everything about that scene. I wish it could have gone on longer but that was definitely love in the afternoon.

Loved everything about it especially when Lily told Cane he has her heart and BDC's I love baby get me every time.

Looking forward to great storylines for Lane from now on. We need to see the well rounded Lane that LML gave us.

Always Loving the Ashbys.

Hope to see them in their home spending time with Charlie and Mattie (And Humphrey)

#26405   2013/01/17 09:26PM
    Lanealways

Quote Rfan: Veronica...ILuvOlitz‏@ILuvCandyCane

Gurl The Thangs Im Gon Do To You...Part Two! Lol! #YR #Laneyr pic.twitter.com/w4SNj0dZ

Ilcc is the queen. Thanks for posting

#26406   2013/01/17 09:30PM
    Lanealways

Quote MsSuperSuds: Just wanted to pop in and say hello to my favorite soap couple on daytime TV! Hello Mr. & Mrs. Ethan Ashby! Luved those HOT, HOT, HOT love scenes in yesterday's episode. I am so glad that you always look & talk directly to each other. During any conversation, Cane's eyes always light up when he is looking at Miss Lily as if to say "I am so glad to be here. I am one lucky man." Lily's eyes are always smiling, happy, dancing about mischeviously, daring Cane to be adventurous. He gorgeous big brown eyes express lots of love for her husband & say "I am glad you are here, too. I am one lucky woman." Romantic chemistry like this does not grow on trees. TPTB should take advantage of it while they have it in LANE.

Now that is good acting b/c I believe the love scenes and the love they share for each other. Sometimes I wonder how these two do that w/o being romantically involved w/ each other. Oh well, I hope there is more to this story and I hope it will come ASAP. Love the pleasure in the afternoon bit. Need more frontburner stories for Lily & Cane. Will holler back atcha later in the day. Have a great day.

Chemistry and onscreen chemistry is a funny thing isnt it Suds I believe the fact that DG and CK love and respect each other as friends is part of it. They are also superb actors....

Im hoping to see Lane frontburner very soon from now on. That will be wonderful not just for us but for the show. They bring a vitality to YR I haven't see from anyone else.

#26407   2013/01/17 09:34PM
    Lanealways

thisisyouranswer.wordpress.com/2013/01/16/so-any-changes-what-are-you-liking-on-... />
    also be sure to check out this blog..leave a nice comment and FF to tptb via Email, Mail Twitter.

>>>>>>>><<<<<<

So any changes? What are you Liking on YandR?
    Posted by ‏@CLFisHOT

The show as a whole is still not grabbing me but I am noticing more changes that I hope will lead to a show I can’t wait to watch like my fave sublime primetime soaps -Parenthood and Nashville.

So what am I liking? What do I want?

I like that Lily and Cane’s airtime have increased. It is still not where it should be and they do not really have a storyline, but going from 2 minutes once every 2 weeks over the last 5 months to very brief scenes an average of once a week is not great, but is a start. For a 5 days a week hourly serial drama, 3 days a week is both the minimum yet sufficient to get and keep viewers invested in a storyline. Anything less is filler material and not worthy of such popular characters. Lane are popular and an asset to the show. Instead of exerting so much energy fighting against a large faction of fans for wanting to watch the show in order to see Lane on it – the smart money would be to utilize and invest in Lane to keep and draw in more viewers. It just takes an unbiased approach and vision. I wrote this the day of seeing clips of the 1/16/13 U.S episode and wow – just wow. Whoever wrote and directed Lane’s sexy scavenger hunt and romantic love scenes tapped into the true essence of Lane. Chemistry galore, fun, romantic, hot, sexy, and true love wrapped into one gorgeous package played sublimely by Daniel Goddard and Christel Khalil. Bravo for getting it right! If this doesn’t show TPTB that Lane can deliver and has what it takes to be two of Y&R leads, then nothing will get through the stubborn bias.

I want more of that Lane with invested writing for them as 3 dimensional characters. A substantive storyline where they are written in character and not dumbed down and muzzled to prop others or sell brief plot points played out wherever the Winters are crowded together on their island. I want them to have a home life, work, friends like all the other non-Winters island characters the writers so easily invest in and write for. That they are allowed to interact with others in GC and are shown at home, work, out socializing and everything in between. Lane who have twins, no longer have a home or visible twins onscreen. They interact only with Lily’s family, Leslie and Tyler (Winters island grouping). It’s truly pathetic. You know before Cane had his family stripped from him, at least Lane got to interact with them too. That is one restoration that is still needed – Cane’s family. Sharon was not the only character severely damaged by MAB. Cane and Lily were constantly at the end of her trashing whip. Lane use to have friends they hung out with, talked and confided in. They need friends. It helps flesh out the character’s perspective. We are always guessing the whats and whys with Lane because they don’t get to talk to anyone about anything onscreen. Lily had Colleen, Mac and Sierra. Cane had Brad and JT. Now? I would like to see Cane be friends with Billy or Nick or the incoming Dylan. Lily and Victoria are both mothers of toddlers so that would be something they have in common, Roxy or Abby. Sharon was Lily’s mother best friend and it would have been natural for her to extend a hand of friendship to Lily as a surrogate mother/girlfriend but Sharon and Lily have not crossed paths in years because Lily has been segregated from the rest of GC.

I want Lily and Cane to build a legacy for their children. They had one when Cane was Kay’s grandson (still hoping for that restoration), but while I wait – why not have them buy BON. They can borrow the money from Neil, Jill, and Kay. Dru came up with Seasons – a line for Newman’s that had a scent for every season of the year which was brilliant! Seasons was eventually incorporated into BON. Lily’s mother’s involvement in its beginnings make it a perfect fit for her to invest in this company. If not, Lane can come up with their own line and start a company of their own. Build a new empire with Lane that we get to see from scratch. Let them compete with the existing companies. Competition is what is needed among the GC companies. Not musical CEO’s and the very stale Jack vs Victor – Newman/Abbott wars. Its redundant and boring for a 5 days/week serial. Put a new company in the waters with fresh players (Lane).

Cane will be the business brains behind the company, Lily the face of the company while continuing to learn the ropes and bringing her fresh ideas to their new company. Maybe Jill will join them as a start-up consultant. It would be interesting if Neil is still at Jabot how he would view their defection and the competition. And for those who claim Cane is just a bartender - Cane helped run his father’s extensive mob empire. Colin intimated Cane went to the finest schools. Cane was entrusted by Kay and Jill to head Jabot then Chancellor. When he was in charge of both companies they did very well. Even though he got the jobs based on nepotism, he proved himself in them and would not have run those conglomerates so well if he didn’t have some business background in the past. Also later working at McCall’s for Tucker he managed to do the work of two executives. Because MAB stripped Cane of so much due to her bias against he and Lily, she wanted them to have nothing so she kept him at the dive bar for so long, some have forgotten Cane’s already established past in the business world. If the current writers were working to repair his character as they have been others – these facts about Cane would have been expounded and built on. Hey, when he goes for the loan to start their new cosmetic empire maybe Kay or Jill could bring up/remind viewers in conversation with him how he did so well at Chancellor and Jabot before and Cane can finally go into detail about his extensive education. Business is business and mob outfits have legit businesses they launder their money through. Cane as the mob boss’ son who was being groomed to take over had to know how to run a large conglomerate. I would like to see Cane and Lily become future moguls in GC. Lily went to college. Did she ever finish? If not, is she interested in finishing up with a business degree now that she is starting a career in the cosmetics business? We don’t know. Can there be some dimensions to these characters please?

I like Neil getting more airtime too and his scenes with Jack discussing his past struggle with addiction were stellar.

I like new Noah. What a charming guy. He is such an asset to the show.

I like Jack and Phyllis together. They are so natural, suitable and unforced. She doesn’t overpower him in scenes, and he calms her histrionics and cougar sex kitten act down which makes her palatable to watch again. I am not riveted by Jack’s addiction story, but I am not offended by it either. Their performances have been very good. Peter Bergman is a shue in for a lead actor Emmy nomination.

I like Steve Burton’s response in this TV Guide Interview: “…I don’t want to work five days a week like I did at GH. [Laughs] I was on the air so much even I was sick of me!” If only show runners would get this! They play the same few characters (TPTB faves) to death till it poisons the show. I love Lane and I don’t want to see them 5 days a week. The overexposure would sour anyone on anything. Overexposure of a character is never good. Unfortunately it’s still happening on Y&R with a few characters, and yes we are sick of them.

This is more than I liked even a week ago so there is progress. The show has the ingredients to be stellar. I hope it gets there. I will be watching if the show’s main draw for me are there for the ride – Lane.

#26408   2013/01/17 09:44PM
    Lanealways

Daniel Goddard ‏@DanielGoddard
    #FebruarySweeps r coming #YoungAndRestless Fans! I suggest u #BuckleUp ! instagr.am/p/UmwytUC72j/

Only if its great, non-destructive, non-out of character, solid writing

#26409   2013/01/17 09:45PM
    Lanealways

Daniel Goddard ‏@DanielGoddard
    U love #Romance ? Only @CBSdaytime @joshgriffith13 @AngelicaMcD @SteveKentSony & @official_yandr give u #ClassicSoap ! www.youtube.com/watch?v=iqTlvirmAsg&feature=youtu.be …

You know us so well Daniel

#26410   2013/01/17 09:58PM
    Lanealways

Lane Fans ‏@WeLoveLane
    #LaneYR Cane and Lily www.youtube.com/watch?v=iqTlvirmAsg&feature=youtu.be … Thanks @ILuvCandyCane

« 2636 2637 2638 2639 2640 2641 2642 2643 2644 2645 2646 » »| page:

Please register and login to be able to post in this message board.

« Go back to topic list