List of Shows

recommended for you

Tell your friends

TELL YOUR FRIENDS

The Young and the Restless - MESSAGE BOARDS

Soaps Boards :: The Young and the Restless Forum :: Cane (No Bash)

Please register and login to be able to post in this message board.

Cane (No Bash)

Started by Candace at 2009/01/04 02:59PM
    Latest post: 2014/10/19 02:04PM, Views: 1363611, Replies: 11296
    « 979 980 981 982 983 984 985 986 987 988 989 » »| page:
    #9831   2013/05/09 06:05PM
    Re: New! Non-Bash Thread for Cane!
    shorty725

Quote MsSuperSuds:
    Quote shorty725:
    Quote shalaydra75:
    Quote Krystalball: I see Cane front and center minus Lily pretty soon.

ITA!!! The impending Tily s/l is not about Lily or Tyler; it’s about freeing Cane. DG has always been leading man material. Although CK/Lily is leading lady material, TPTB are afraid to allow the couple to shine because a vocal minority will not accept Lily as a leading lady because of who she is. If Lane was not such a popular couple, Cane would still be a Chancellor. Now, that he is CEO of CI, Lane will break up soon. TPTB will be surprise when the silent majority refused to accept their narrow-minded presentation.

I haven't watched in weeks.

ITA! I haven't watched in a longer time than that. I predict there will be many more folks who won't be watching by the time May sweeps ends in a few weeks also. The newest leading ladies, the triangles and quadrangles are boring the life out of the audience. Cheating and more sex scandals titilate temporarily but do not keep an audience in tow for very long. Viewers are much more interested in Michael's responses than they are in either Lauren or Carmine. Too much emphasis is placed on degrading women and giving men passes. So sad but true. The showrunners need to wake up b/c the audience is made up primarily of women viewers who do not identify w/ these weak-willed, powerless, pathetic women of GC. I still have my heart open to Cane remaining w/ Lily and their twins. It is time for Y&R to lead the pack instead of following the lead of other shows. Otherwise being #1 means nothing.

I feel the same way. Will check in tomorrow.

#9832   2013/05/09 07:37PM
    shalaydra75

Quote MsSuperSuds:
    Quote shorty725:
    Quote shalaydra75:
    Quote Krystalball: I see Cane front and center minus Lily pretty soon.

ITA!!! The impending Tily s/l is not about Lily or Tyler; it’s about freeing Cane. DG has always been leading man material. Although CK/Lily is leading lady material, TPTB are afraid to allow the couple to shine because a vocal minority will not accept Lily as a leading lady because of who she is. If Lane was not such a popular couple, Cane would still be a Chancellor. Now, that he is CEO of CI, Lane will break up soon. TPTB will be surprise when the silent majority refused to accept their narrow-minded presentation.

I haven't watched in weeks.

ITA! I haven't watched in a longer time than that. I predict there will be many more folks who won't be watching by the time May sweeps ends in a few weeks also. The newest leading ladies, the triangles and quadrangles are boring the life out of the audience. Cheating and more sex scandals titilate temporarily but do not keep an audience in tow for very long. Viewers are much more interested in Michael's responses than they are in either Lauren or Carmine. Too much emphasis is placed on degrading women and giving men passes. So sad but true. The showrunners need to wake up b/c the audience is made up primarily of women viewers who do not identify w/ these weak-willed, powerless, pathetic women of GC. I still have my heart open to Cane remaining w/ Lily and their twins. It is time for Y&R to lead the pack instead of following the lead of other shows. Otherwise being #1 means nothing.

Actually, B & B has significantly cut Y & R‘s lead. Until the end of 2011, Y & R had about 1.7 million lead over B & B. Since late 2011, Y & R’s led was around 1.2 million. With a cursory glance at recent ratings, I have counted 3 weeks where Y & R’s lead was under a million. I get tired of the excuses-women are working and cable TV-are cutting into soaps’ viewership. B & B is recouping its viewers. I fell badly that Y & R is not doing likewise.

Modified 1 times(s), last time at: 2013/05/09 07:39PM
    #9833   2013/05/09 08:06PM
    Lanealways

DanieGoddard: I know you are hurting so much at the loss of Jeanne but know you are all surrounded by Love

#9834   2013/05/10 08:07AM
    Krystalball

I think Cane's role will get bigger now.

#9835   2013/05/10 09:50AM
    Rfan

Love and support for Mr Cane Ashby the handsome husband of Mrs Lily Ashby

#9836   2013/05/10 10:58AM
    MsSuperSuds

C. S. Lewis
    “We are what we believe we are.”

Good afternoon, Mr. Cane! Hope to see more of you on screen soon. Will holler at you again soon.

DG, you are the consumate pitch man for whatever you wish to sell.

#9837   2013/05/10 11:02AM
    shalaydra75

Quote Lanealways: DanieGoddard: I know you are hurting so much at the loss of Jeanne but know you are all surrounded by Love

Thanks for your updates. Catherine has always been one of my favorite soap characters. JC’s passing leaves a void that will not be filled

#9838   2013/05/10 11:03AM
    shalaydra75

Quote Krystalball: I think Cane's role will get bigger now.

ITA-TPTB have great plans for the Cane character. His role will be much bigger, and Y & R’s audience will be much smaller.

#9839   2013/05/10 05:01PM
    MsSuperSuds

Quote shalaydra75:

ITA-TPTB have great plans for the Cane character. His role will be much bigger, and Y & R’s audience will be much smaller.

LOL! ITA! Good post! Things seem to be heading in that direction right now.

#9840   2013/05/10 06:52PM
    shorty725

Quote MsSuperSuds:
    Quote shalaydra75:

LOL! ITA! Good post! Things seem to be heading in that direction right now.

I agree with both of you ladies but they want him to be CEO of CI without Lily and I will not watch. Why break up their family after all that they have endured to be and stay together. Good night Cane, sleep well and I will check in later.

Modified 2 times(s), last time at: 2013/05/10 06:57PM
    « 979 980 981 982 983 984 985 986 987 988 989 » »| page:

Please register and login to be able to post in this message board.

« Go back to topic list