List of Shows

recommended for you

Tell your friends

TELL YOUR FRIENDS

The Young and the Restless - MESSAGE BOARDS

Soaps Boards :: The Young and the Restless Forum :: Who all thinks that Y&R should recast the role of Drucilla Barber Winters, if Victoria Rowell...

Please register and login to be able to post in this message board.

Who all thinks that Y&R should recast the role of Drucilla Barber Winters, if Victoria Rowell doesn't want her job back? And witch actress would you like see for the part and why?

Started by SoapsRUs247 at 2008/12/23 02:31PM
    Latest post: 2009/01/02 10:23AM, Views: 1675, Replies: 39
    « 1 2 3 4 » »| page:
    #21   2008/12/30 01:42PM
    Re: Who all thinks that Y&R should recast the role of Drucilla Barber Winters, if Victoria Rowell...
    Rquattro

I just can't imagine anyone else as my Dru.

#22   2008/12/30 01:45PM
    Re: Who all thinks that Y&R should recast the role of Drucilla Barber Winters, if Victoria Rowell...
    cherchezlefemme

Quote Rquattro: I just can't imagine anyone else as my Dru.

All we need is to see it happen.... our imagination will kick in later

#23   2008/12/30 01:54PM
    REDMIDGET

i would love to see drucilla back noone can take her place, drucilla is the only one who can play dru in my book, i love dru and im hoping she come back soon, she brings so much to the show,dru is great in the soap land, and no one can wear a hat like dru, she is a class act and we all miss her, we need drucilla back, we need some fire works in this show, and the only one who can bring it to the show is victoria rowell , the show isnt the same without her. she had alot going on, i miss her.bring her back, noone can play dru, but victoria rowell, and thats the truth,

#24   2008/12/30 01:59PM
    Sundi

Quote mdtuttle: No, some characters just can not be recast and I think Dru is one of those. If Victoria Rowell were willing to come back and they could come up with a plausable way for her to return to the role I would say great. Otherwise I say let Dru rest in peace.

I am with you on that! She was on Good Morning Texas
    a while back and she stated she would come back if asked..

#25   2008/12/30 02:07PM
    CPAT

I want Victoria Rowell to come back as Dru,
    like I said before, these writers do not want
    her to come back. I guess because she probably
    will not let the writers write her stupid, like they
    do everyone else on the Y&R. So according to the
    head writer (MAB), Mrs. Rowell will not be coming
    back anytime soon! Which is a shame, because maybe
    the ratings would be a lot better! WOULDN'T YOU
    THINK, WRITERS!

Modified 1 times(s), last time at: 2008/12/30 03:48PM
    #26   2008/12/30 02:19PM
    PhillisRocks

I would love to see the actress, VR reprise her character as Dru. However, I've also read in a few articles / interviews that VR has left her options open for a possible return, and even hinted she would like to come back. But the TPTB decided that there was no plans to bring the character Dru back; whether or not it would be VR or a recast. I think it was a matter of choice. (the writers, that is..) Like they did with the Malcom character... Just when it was a perfect time to slot those characters back in.. TPTB decides not to...

As far as Drucilla... IMO, I myself would prefer VR, (hands down) to come back as Dru. However, if later down the road the TPTB opts to recast... Then, I would agree that Jasmine Guy would be a good fit. I would just have to find a way to adjust to it like I finally did when Heather Tom left as Victoria.

#27   2008/12/30 02:41PM
    JTORIA fan

VR has repdily said she would love to come back to Y&R if asked but MAB's has said dru will not be re cast and VR will not be returning so that puts an end to this .

#28   2008/12/30 03:06PM
    Touched

Quote cherchezlefemme: Bottom line folks is we need to get over ourselves. If Y&R decide to reprise the role of Drucilla, in time we would all learn to love the new actress in the role. Yes. VR was in deed the original, but let's be real.... Original's do get replaced and we learn to make adjustments. Look at Terry Lester in the character of Jack and Peter Bergman who replaced him. Just as we learned to accept this, we would learn to adapt to another actress as Drucilla. Frankly, I never cared for KC in the part of Lily. I liked the other young woman in the role. To me she was much more believable as the daughter of Neil and Drucilla.

Terry Lester -! Bergman was well recieved because of his highly popular role on AMC! He and Braden have had some well publicized issues and have dealt with them! Some of the cast seem to be taking sides in the issue of whether or not Rowell should return! That is truly sad, because while I like their characters, they are not nearly as entertaining as Drucilla was! While Rowell has issues, she is the only one who can play Drucilla! I can't imagine anyone else. I want Victoria Rowell back as Drucilla Winters, and only her!

Edited to remove actor bash.

Modified 1 times(s), last time at: 2009/01/01 05:59AM
    #29   2008/12/30 03:34PM
    Soulsistah

Quote COLONLC10:
    Quote SoapsRUs247: I would to see Dru back so that she can be there for her husband Neil, and her children Devon and Lily, the rest of her family and friends. I would love to see Jasmine Guy. She's got spunk and fire!

Maybe Jasmine but I really can't see anyone in this role but VR. She played it perfectly, hats and all!

I agree. VR is the only Dru I want to see on Y&R. The actors just need to grow up and get over it and think of what's in the best interest of the show - fans love VR's Dru!

#30   2008/12/30 05:26PM
    cherchezlefemme

Quote Touched:
    Quote cherchezlefemme: Bottom line folks is we need to get over ourselves. If Y&R decide to reprise the role of Drucilla, in time we would all learn to love the new actress in the role. Yes. VR was in deed the original, but let's be real.... Original's do get replaced and we learn to make adjustments. Look at Terry Lester in the character of Jack and Peter Bergman who replaced him. Just as we learned to accept this, we would learn to adapt to another actress as Drucilla. Frankly, I never cared for KC in the part of Lily. I liked the other young woman in the role. To me she was much more believable as the daughter of Neil and Drucilla.

Terry Lester -! Bergman was well recieved because of his highly popular role on AMC! He and Braden have had some well publicized issues and have dealt with them! Some of the cast seem to be taking sides in the issue of whether or not Rowell should return! That is truly sad, because while I like their characters, they are not nearly as entertaining as Drucilla was! While Rowell has issues, she is the only one who can play Drucilla! I can't imagine anyone else. I want Victoria Rowell back as Drucilla Winters, and only her!

You are too funny... and kinda mean too... I like it!

Terry Lester was (-. This was a case where the decision was made because -. The thing with VR was based upon the LML regime who basically destroyed the character Bill Bell created. - Let's hope that the new writers continue their work developing good story lines and if they reprise the role of Dru, personality won't be the issue and professionalism will be the first consideration.

Edited to remove actor bashing.

Modified 1 times(s), last time at: 2009/01/01 06:00AM
    « 1 2 3 4 » »| page:

Please register and login to be able to post in this message board.

« Go back to topic list