List of Shows

recommended for you

Tell your friends

TELL YOUR FRIENDS

The Young and the Restless - MESSAGE BOARDS

Soaps Boards :: The Young and the Restless Forum :: Who all thinks that Y&R should recast the role of Drucilla Barber Winters, if Victoria Rowell...

Please register and login to be able to post in this message board.

Who all thinks that Y&R should recast the role of Drucilla Barber Winters, if Victoria Rowell doesn't want her job back? And witch actress would you like see for the part and why?

Started by SoapsRUs247 at 2008/12/23 02:31PM
    Latest post: 2009/01/02 10:23AM, Views: 1631, Replies: 39
    « 1 2 3 4 » »| page:
    #11   2008/12/24 12:56PM
    Re: Who all thinks that Y&R should recast the role of Drucilla Barber Winters, if Victoria Rowell...
    mdtuttle

No, some characters just can not be recast and I think Dru is one of those. If Victoria Rowell were willing to come back and they could come up with a plausable way for her to return to the role I would say great. Otherwise I say let Dru rest in peace.

#12   2008/12/24 01:02PM
    Re: Who all thinks that Y&R should recast the role of Drucilla Barber Winters, if Victoria Rowell...
    spcondo

The question is moot! The original, and phenomenal actress who played Dru is available, and she did a phenomenal job. I don't care what she said in an interview, she was loyal to that show and made fantastic contributions for decades. I think she is owed a little benefit of the doubt. I agree with tuttle, if VR isn't coming back, let Dru rest in peace forever!

#13   2008/12/30 12:40AM
    Shirt Too High

What is the obsession with Dru all about. Yes, Lily does need a strong maternal figure, but this actress does not have to be "you know who." I doubt "you know who" even wants to become an institutionalized actor, spending her life on a soap. Leave her be.

#14   2008/12/30 06:53AM
    Lady53

Quote HOT PINK: Since Victoria Rowell has stated many times that she'd like to return as Dru, I'd like TPTB to bring her back. Dru is one character I would not like to see recast. Victoria Rowell IS Dru!

I have to agree and also add that they recasted Dru once before in VR's absence and the fans didn't take to the actor very well. The fans let it be known loud and clear and are continuing to voice their feelings on the subject that only VR should be Dru. I feel that any actor they try to bring on as Dru would more than likely get an extremely cold and tumultuous response from the fans, more than what the old Eden got that's for sure. This board would probably have more threads than the moderators could or would want to control on Dru and the person portrying her. If no VR as Dru, let Dru rest in peace. JMO

Modified 2 times(s), last time at: 2008/12/30 06:56AM
    #15   2008/12/30 12:30PM
    pearlymarch

I don't want her back. Period. All she did is scream (and I got sick to death of her screaming), make scenes with other people, and complain. She ALWAYS had issues. I don't miss Dru at all. Stay dead, Dru.

#16   2008/12/30 01:26PM
    cherchezlefemme

Quote pearlymarch: I don't want her back. Period. All she did is scream (and I got sick to death of her screaming), make scenes with other people, and complain. She ALWAYS had issues. I don't miss Dru at all. Stay dead, Dru.

You can't fault the actress for the scripts presented to her to perform. Dru's character was an intricate part of the show and added much needed balance to the winter's family.... especially with Neil being all straight laced and all. Olivia hit it right on the head, Karen is not Neil's type. He is used to fiesty no-nonsense women.

Now back to the subject at hand - If VR chose not to return, Yes. Absolutely, I would like to see this role reprised with another actress. Jasmine Guy would not be a bad choice and could Definitely Pull off the character of Drucilla Winters.

#17   2008/12/30 01:27PM
    cherchezlefemme

Quote enrickagt: I'm all for Victoria Rowell coming back, but I think Vivica A. Fox would do the position some justice.

I think Ms. Fox would be a little too fiesty for the character of Drucilla, but she would most certainly make a believable Drucilla!

#18   2008/12/30 01:31PM
    cherchezlefemme

Bottom line folks is we need to get over ourselves. If Y&R decide to reprise the role of Drucilla, in time we would all learn to love the new actress in the role. Yes. VR was in deed the original, but let's be real.... Original's do get replaced and we learn to make adjustments. Look at Terry Lester in the character of Jack and Peter Bergman who replaced him. Just as we learned to accept this, we would learn to adapt to another actress as Drucilla. Frankly, I never cared for KC in the part of Lily. I liked the other young woman in the role. To me she was much more believable as the daughter of Neil and Drucilla.

#19   2008/12/30 01:35PM
    calliope

Dru needs to come home. VR or recast.

#20   2008/12/30 01:40PM
    cherchezlefemme

Quote calliope: Dru needs to come home. VR or recast.

You are absolutely spot on about this! That character is needed. This would be a great time to re-introduce the character back into the scene busting up the triangle with Tyra, Karen and Neil... Who knows, maybe Tyra and Karen would become allies. Now, that would make a good story line that could go on for a minute! They could flip this any number of ways.

« 1 2 3 4 » »| page:

Please register and login to be able to post in this message board.

« Go back to topic list