List of Shows

recommended for you

Tell your friends

TELL YOUR FRIENDS

The Young and the Restless - MESSAGE BOARDS

Soaps Boards :: The Young and the Restless Forum :: Lily (No Bash)

Please register and login to be able to post in this message board.

Lily (No Bash)

Started by Candace at 2008/12/23 04:29AM
    Latest post: 2014/09/30 05:38PM, Views: 1772159, Replies: 12214
    « 1184 1185 1186 1187 1188 1189 1190 1191 1192 1193 1194 » »| page:
    #11881   2014/04/30 07:10PM
    Re: Lily (No Bash)
    MsSuperSuds

. Someday all you’ll have to light the way will be a single ray of hope, and that will be enough. — Kobi Yamada. ]

Good night, Miss Lily! I do not envy you the pack of people surrounding you at this time. Cut Neil loose! Too bad he's your dad; but I am sick of this lowlife! Tell him to take his latest sexual conquest with him. You need to be free of these folks. Enjoy the evening! Have a great night! I will holler at you again next time.

#11882   2014/05/01 05:28PM
    shalaydra75

Hello MsSuperSuds,
    I have a few questions for you. Do you think that CK was set to portray Mariah? Do you think it would have elevated her career or do you think that the Tily fans wanted that connection?

#11883   2014/05/01 06:29PM
    MsSuperSuds

Quote shalaydra75: Hello MsSuperSuds,
    I have a few questions for you. Do you think that CK was set to portray Mariah? Do you think it would have elevated her career or do you think that the Tily fans wanted that connection?

Hey Shalaydra! I think dopplegangers & twins have been overused to the point that the audience in General is sick of them. Marge as Kay's doppleganger was the last & only decent one done on Y&R; but I believe she was created by Bill Bell back in the day & brought back for a second run by MAB who had no creative ideas of her own. This woman introduced impulsive sexual hookups as storylines & they have taken over the soap landscape to the point that many younger viewers expect the cheating & instant hookups from all soap couples. I don't mind a sexual tryst providing there is a valid reason for it within a storyline. Gratuitous sex---NO!!!

Playing double roles as both Lily & Mariah might have given CK MORE SCREEN TIME BUT it would have killed both Lily & LANE! I don't think playing Mariah would have helped CK on the show or kept viewers from walking away.. I think that Tily fans wanted CK playing Mariah so she could be w/ their guy. Y&R was wise not to risk losing a HUGE number of fans just to satisfy a few Tilyites. Most LANE fans dislike the dude & feel that he would do little to nothing to enhance Lily or CK on the show. I was and still am ready to walk away from Y&R completely if that foolishness happens--as are many other LANERS. & viewers at large. some have already walked away & will no return. Once something like that happens to wreck "a solid couple," most folks decide they don't like it & it's too late to do anything to correct the mistake. There is no turning back! Such is the case w/ LANE & CK playing dual roles as both Lily & Mariah.

Modified 1 times(s), last time at: 2014/05/01 06:36PM
    #11884   2014/05/01 06:51PM
    MsSuperSuds

Shalaydra, Viewers thought they wanted to see Cane w/ Chloe; but once they were put together, LANERS & the audience in general couldn't stand them. MAB pushed them together for as long as she could but she alienated a lot of viewers who walked away & have not returned to this day. MAB also thought the audience wanted to see Lily w/ Daniel Romalotti but once she KILLED Cane to make the pairing happen, folks started turning off the TV, watching GH & campaigning to get DG back. MAB was forced by ratings & Sony to bring DG back & halt the pairing w/ Lily & Daniel. Same w/ JFP/JG & Tily or DG W/ Chelsea. You don't mess w/ success! If it ain't broke, don't fix it!

#11885   2014/05/02 04:55AM
    Rfan

Supporting Mrs Lily Ashby

#11886   2014/05/02 05:02AM
    Rfan

Bump

#11887   2014/05/02 04:06PM
    shalaydra75

Hey MsSuperSuds,
    Thanks for giving me your opinion. I look at soaps and base my opinion on nothing more than what I like. I know absolutely nothing about "great acting," actors stepping up and improving their careers and etc. Some many posters have called EH a great actress, but to me, she cannot to romance, which is a key formula for daytime soaps. None of the "great actors appeal to me.

I assure you my view of what writers have done to Lily/Cane/Lane is as dim as yours if not dimer. Lots of posters get tired of the race question, but I maintain had the Lily character been white, writers would have elevated her to superstar status and Lane would be an untouchable couple. My parents own a business and I have worked as a volunteer for fundraising projects for my favorite charities. I know that businesses crave free advertisement. Lane fan gave Y&R free advertisement; when they hyped their couple, they did not denounce other characters. In other words, their activism granted Y&R a net gain.

When I look at the ugly threads about Lily, I see them as nothing but an effort to clip CK rising star. Although she dresses similar to other soap characters, she is constantly criticized. She is not able to speak up to those who wronged her.

I love JG's writing; however, to his detriment, he relied on MAB's formula (listening to the extreme minority who post on the boards). I do not believe JG was pushing Tily so hard because he wanted Cane to become a major player and he did not want Lily by Cane's side when he rose. MAB and JG tried to relegated Lily to 2 lackluster characters-Daniel and Tyler.

#11888   2014/05/02 05:22PM
    MsSuperSuds

Quote shalaydra75: Hey MsSuperSuds,
    Thanks for giving me your opinion. I look at soaps and base my opinion on nothing more than what I like. I know absolutely nothing about "great acting," actors stepping up and improving their careers and etc. Some many posters have called EH a great actress, but to me, she cannot to romance, which is a key formula for daytime soaps. None of the "great actors appeal to me.

I assure you my view of what writers have done to Lily/Cane/Lane is as dim as yours if not dimer. Lots of posters get tired of the race question, but I maintain had the Lily character been white, writers would have elevated her to superstar status and Lane would be an untouchable couple. My parents own a business and I have worked as a volunteer for fundraising projects for my favorite charities. I know that businesses crave free advertisement. Lane fan gave Y&R free advertisement; when they hyped their couple, they did not denounce other characters. In other words, their activism granted Y&R a net gain.

When I look at the ugly threads about Lily, I see them as nothing but an effort to clip CK rising star. Although she dresses similar to other soap characters, she is constantly criticized. She is not able to speak up to those who wronged her.

I love JG's writing; however, to his detriment, he relied on MAB's formula (listening to the extreme minority who post on the boards). I do not believe JG was pushing Tily so hard because he wanted Cane to become a major player and he did not want Lily by Cane's side when he rose. MAB and JG tried to relegated Lily to 2 lackluster characters-Daniel and Tyler.

In JG's defense, I do believe he wanted to write for Lily & Cane to make up for the past beatings they had suffered from MAB. I do believe he was hampered by JFP who wanted to elevate her FOJs. They worked together on Hollywood Heights. JFP used JG to get hired at Y&R b/c the cast knew him;he had been here before. Things did not work out like he thought they would. JG became frustrated and almost suffered a nervous breakdown. He decided he had enough & walked off citing "Irreconcilable differences" as the reason. I think he was tired of fighting with JFP & caving to her demands. I believe JFPs plan was to run him off anyway. He wrote for Lily & Cane in 2008 when he took over for LML as HW/EP and did a good job for & with them. The trouble started when MAB took over.

The current messy situation of Y&R is JFP's headache & the show is not getting any better as I write this. As for the Mariah situation, I am glad that Lily was not wrecked by having to assume that role. Too many fans are not pleased with the prospect of Camryn Grimes being Mariah. The least Y&R could have done was to hire a brown-skinned person to play the part and leave Fake Cassie to the Newmans. Same with the Neil/Hilary mess! Too many crazy mistakes made to correct the situation; but the least the writers could have done is to leave the Winters family in tact--which they are not going to do. Lets hope that something good happens for Cane & Lily soon. A wrecking ball named Hilary is working hard to destroy this family. I am not concerned about Neil at the moment; he gets what he deserves. Hilary is not thru with this dude yet. By the time this team of writers finish w/ this show, it will finish the train wreck for which MAB laid a solid foundation.

Modified 1 times(s), last time at: 2014/05/02 05:29PM
    #11889   2014/05/03 09:01AM
    shalaydra75

Hey MsSuperSuds,
    Thanks for giving me background information. I deeply respect yours and most core Lane fans' knowledge about the back-scenes. I just know little about ratings because posters kept saying that Lane was not popular. That seemed so incredulous to me because on youtube Lane's clips were much more popular than all others and numerous people were uploading them. What stood out to me was the diversity within the playlist of the people who were uploading Lane's clips. For instance, one had clips of interracial couples, another had clips of old black music and movies, another had clips of numerous fictional couples and on and on.

I know that I am meandering, but I say this because when I examined the ratings, I found that Y&R rarely thrived when Lane was separated. The only time it had good ratings during the couple's break up was when Brad died. I think that is why MAB began to cannibalized her characters.

It just seems to me that if I know this JG certainly should have known. I definitely should have quit before the Tily/Chane 2 mess.

As a GL fan and by looking at GH's ratings during JFP's tenure, I know that she is terrible writer. I wish that JG would have outflanked her by writing s/ls that would boast the ratings.

Modified 1 times(s), last time at: 2014/05/03 09:05AM
    #11890   2014/05/03 12:14PM
    MsSuperSuds

Quote shalaydra75: Hey MsSuperSuds,
    Thanks for giving me background information. I deeply respect yours and most core Lane fans' knowledge about the back-scenes. I just know little about ratings because posters kept saying that Lane was not popular. That seemed so incredulous to me because on youtube Lane's clips were much more popular than all others and numerous people were uploading them. What stood out to me was the diversity within the playlist of the people who were uploading Lane's clips. For instance, one had clips of interracial couples, another had clips of old black music and movies, another had clips of numerous fictional couples and on and on.

I know that I am meandering, but I say this because when I examined the ratings, I found that Y&R rarely thrived when Lane was separated. The only time it had good ratings during the couple's break up was when Brad died. I think that is why MAB began to cannibalized her characters.

It just seems to me that if I know this JG certainly should have known. I definitely should have quit before the Tily/Chane 2 mess.

As a GL fan and by looking at GH's ratings during JFP's tenure, I know that she is terrible writer. I wish that JG would have outflanked her by writing s/ls that would boast the ratings.

Shalaydra, JFP is not a writer; she is the Executive Producer or traffic controller of the whole show. Josh Griffith was the HW or head writer who walked off. Now JFP brought over from GH her own HWs, Altman & Passanante, who know nothing about the history of Y&R--which is evident from the mess they have been putting on screen. What the JFPs whole team seem to forget is that there is a huge AA audience--bigger for Y&R than any other soap--who watch this soap religiously. I read in the local AA newspaper sometime ago that AAs make up at least 36% of the viewing audience. Victoria Rowell, ex-Drucilla Winters, states that AAs make up 50% of the audience. Whichever is true, AAs are watching and whenever the Winters are decimated w/o solid replacement, no one really cares about the rest. All the breakups, makeups & remarriages for Nikki/Victor, Sharon/Nick, & character assasinations for the rest of the cast of characters have soured viewers on the show. JFP is doing little to nothing to correct those mistakes. When Cane was killed and Lily was paired w/ Daniel romalotti, Y&R reportedly lost approximately 900,000 viewers in the first month & gave GH its first toehold into the younger 18-34 demographic. JFP was at the helm of GH. That was big news for GH but she did not understand reasons behind their gain. Not one official wants to admit that the ratings have not been the same for Y&R since then. I am way beyond that demo in age; but I continue to let GH run on my TV to this day even though I don't care much for the show. I also stopped watching Y&R daily & now watch only when Cane & Lily are on--which is seldom. The worst thing that Y&R did for promotional purposes of the show was to close down the sites of videographers who made LANE videos. So many folks found us thru those videos & started watching the show. LANE also has a huge international viewing audience who are months behind us in stories but they found us on YouTube. Not many can get access thru the on line CBS network. I have made twitter friends from Canada, Australia, South Africa, France,the Carribean,etc. At the rate the show is going now w/ the new bland & boring cast, I cannot see the same happening for any story, character or recently formed couple.

« 1184 1185 1186 1187 1188 1189 1190 1191 1192 1193 1194 » »| page:

Please register and login to be able to post in this message board.

« Go back to topic list