List of Shows

recommended for you

Tell your friends

TELL YOUR FRIENDS

The Young and the Restless - MESSAGE BOARDS

Soaps Boards :: The Young and the Restless Forum :: Lily (No Bash)

Please register and login to be able to post in this message board.

Lily (No Bash)

Started by Candace at 2008/12/23 04:29AM
    Latest post: 2014/11/21 04:11PM, Views: 1818981, Replies: 12282
    « 1129 1130 1131 1132 1133 1134 1135 1136 1137 1138 1139 » »| page:
    #11331   2013/09/24 03:54PM
    Re: New! Non-Bash Thread for Lily!
    Gracewashere

Quote MsSuperSuds: Good afternoon, Miss Lily! Glad to know that you will be on screen in tomorrow's episode. Looking forward to seeing it. Will holler at you again later.

Shalayndra, I can overlook and get thru, around, and over everything that MAB wrote for both Lily & Cane except when she took Lily's fertility. The woman gave her stage 4 ovarian cancer w/ a radical hysterectomy. That almost killed my interest in Y&R. I detest MAB & her wingmen for doing that. It was cruel, hateful and spiteful. The real intention was to actually kill Lily. Due to the fact that they could think no further than the immediate destruction of Lily, it served her well down the road. She could not & did not get pregnant w/ quick hookup w/ girly-man after MAB murdered Cane. If not for my love of LANE, I would be gone.

Nah, don't ever leave Ms. Supersuds. You and I disagree,but I do enjoy reading your posts here on the Lily thread. I know you love the character Lily and I do too, but where we differ I don't love Cane, or Lane, sorry, but I must admit that slap the world heard (sorry misquoting you here), but that slap had a cathartic effect on me. Finally Cane getting what he so deserved from Lily. While I don't love Lane, I think now I can somewhat, well...maybe tolerate them!!! as long as Lily is an equal in the relationship. Go a Strong Lily.

#11332   2013/09/24 06:03PM
    luvroflife

Really enjoy all of your posts! Like many of you, Cane & Lily brought me to Y&R. And while I hear what some say about Cane, I also take note of 'why' he did what he did. Not always the smartest moves, but always out of love. Never has he schemed for selfish purposes. On the contrary, he is too kind and sensitive which has allowed (Amber, Chloe, His Mom, Dad, etc.) to use and manipulate him. But through it all, Lily has been his rock and he has been hers. Her cancer s/l said all that needed to be said about the core of these characters.

I love the character of Lily; young yet mature. And grateful that even with the 'hit and miss' writing of the past 4 to 5 years, that so far she has been spared being passed around the canvas.

Hope everyone has a great evening!!

#11333   2013/09/24 09:47PM
    shalaydra75

Suds, ITA with your comments regarding Lily's sterilization. (I did not list it in my rant because I was focusing on MAB changing the character of characters.) More specifically, Lily's sterilization caused me to stop my daily viewership of Y&R. My last consistent day of watching it was when Cane was supposedly "exposed." Before, Cane's de-Chancellorization, rumors of the sterilization s/l was floating around. The numerous inconsistencies in the Cane s/l made me realize that the sterilization would happen. ITA with your comment that if the complete sterilization had not happened, we would be looking at babygate 2.

I am glad to hear that tomorrow Lily will still be the voice of reason.

#11334   2013/09/25 05:34PM
    MsSuperSuds

Quote shalaydra75: Suds, ITA with your comments regarding Lily's sterilization. (I did not list it in my rant because I was focusing on MAB changing the character of characters.) More specifically, Lily's sterilization caused me to stop my daily viewership of Y&R. My last consistent day of watching it was when Cane was supposedly "exposed." Before, Cane's de-Chancellorization, rumors of the sterilization s/l was floating around. The numerous inconsistencies in the Cane s/l made me realize that the sterilization would happen. ITA with your comment that if the complete sterilization had not happened, we would be looking at babygate 2.

I am glad to hear that tomorrow Lily will still be the voice of reason.

Hey Shalaydra! I got off this and other MBs and did not watch Y&R for more than two weeks. AY&R lost a lot of viewers especially LANE fans b/c they felt that lily was given cancer to redeem Cane. Many left and never returned. I could never connnect the two dots there; but Cane was written to drop everything to take care of her both day and night. As a matter of fact, Cane hovered so much over Lily b/c he thought he might lose her. I guess that was to atone for lying about his identity & marrying her under false pretenses!

Neither were very good storylines for either Lily or Cane. That PC3 retcon was a real snoozer. It was so confusing to the point of being stupid that bloggers, mags, MBs, were calling MAB out for that bit of stupidity. DeChancellorizing Cane was the real goal b/c he did not work out w/ Chloe. The cancer storyline was never given enough story and air time to take effect as a valid PSA. It made MAB & her team look incompetent or that they had other intentions to write Cane off screen & actually kill Lily. Character assasination is what MAB did to Cane and he has not yet overcome it. Everytime she wrote him to do something more dastardly that would adversely affect his relationship w/ Lily so that fans would not support him anymore. Most of us saw thru that ploy. Can't drink MAB's stupid cool-aid. She ruined Y&R trying to ruin or kill off good characters.

At this point, I just hope Lily remains tough, sticks to her guns and press charges against the efficient assistant who thinks she is smarter than the average bear. She is not! The poor dumb girl is just digging a bigger hole to fall into.

Modified 1 times(s), last time at: 2013/09/25 05:42PM
    #11335   2013/09/25 07:33PM
    shalaydra75

Hello Suds! I guess I took too many Black History classes in college and have been blessed with family members living past a 100 years old. I say that because during Lily's initial pregnancy s/l, each one of my elders who watched Y&R predicted either Lily or Cane would be killed, or Lily would be sterilized or Cane would defamed. Historically, racists seek to sterilize blacks who are entering white society. In fact, controlling blacks' fertility is one of their major obsessions. MAB could have given Lily any kind of cancer to insure Cane would hover over her. She could have given Lily fertility as many soap characters. MAB, however, decided to totally sterilize Lily.

You are right about the ratings; they fell flat. They did not begin to rise until Mac's successful implantation. As far as I am concerned, core Lane fans as your saved Y&R. I know that the elders in my family, for the 1st time, and the beauty salons in my area turned off Y&R when Lily was sterilized and did not return until before the twins were conceived.

#11336   2013/09/26 05:47AM
    Rfan

Love and support for the beautiful Lily Ashby.

#11337   2013/09/26 03:34PM
    MsSuperSuds

Miss Lily, I am sure you will have a lot of pillow talk to do w/ hubby soon. This surprise takeover of Chancellor Industries is going to work hardships on your husband, your marriage, & your family at times. Hope all goes well. Will holler at you again soon.

Shalaydra, I got the word from posters on line that Lily would lose her baby. I was so engrossed in Lily & Cane's love story that I paid the social implications no mind; so I had to be schooled by other posters on YT & MBs. Race was not & never was an issue for me. I was more interested in the love story--the romance in the afternoon aspect. Same thing w/ the house that Cane bought for Lily. I had to learn the hard way that Lily & Cane would not live in that house--that Cane & Chloe would live in that house & raise her bastard child. MAB took Lily's whole life & gave it to Chloe who could not sustain it successfully for one episode. Chloe & Cane never clicked as a couple so they spent all of their time following Lily around town & taunting her w/ Chloe's pregnancy while Lily was getting to know Billy Abbott. That marriage was so bad that many LANE fans defected to Lily & Billy. So MAB had to cut short Cane's loveless, lack-luster marriage to Chloe b/c nobody cared. That chick doused all of Cane's sexiness & charisma like she had dashed a cold bucket of water on him. Then MAB proceeded to punish Cane for not working w/ Chloe by DeChancellorizing him and branding him an imposter, a liar and a con-man. MAB has planned to kill or disfigure Lily then but Chloe could not survive on screen w/o her b/c nobody cared about this little woman who did nothing more than hurl zingers at Cane & Lily. To this day, you will not find many LANE fans who like this character. Some tolerate her; most ignore her. MAB wrote Chloe to be harsh to Cane & Lily while she muzzled them so they could not respond. So in the scheme of things, neither chloe or her child matter much to LANERs!

MAB had to back off killing, maiaming or disfiguring Lily b/c Victoria Rowell went off on her rants about lack of diversity on Y&R. There were only 3 AA charcters on the show at the time & they are still there. But MAB was not treating any of them well. JFP did the same thing. Her first whack at getting rid of the AA cast members was to fire CK; but that did not go over too well w/ the fans. So she hired a whole lot of useless AA newbies to prevent charges of lack of diversity in the cast against her, Y&R & CBS while she worked on this other plan to segregate all the AA characters. JFP has a reputation about diversity on her shows that precedes her reign at Y&R. On the other hand, there have always been kind & considerate white folks to AA folks; but they have often received harsh treatment from their peers also. In other words, there is a place for them, too. The 2 female Y&R showrunners don't fit in that category. Poor Neil! Look what they are doing to that man w/ this blogger storyline. We had a Winters Wednesday this week (about 6 minutes on screen for the whole storyline).

If any or all of the rumors, spumors, spoilers about future storylines are true, there will be a chance that ratings will fall flat once again.

Modified 1 times(s), last time at: 2013/09/26 03:39PM
    #11338   2013/09/26 07:31PM
    shalaydra75

Luv Lily. I am disappointed that I did not see her confront Hilary.

Suds-I was also engrossed with Lane's romance. I had never seen anything like it on TV. I initially thought that Obama winning the presidency meant something. Young folks of my generation begin to think that the world was really changing. When Lily was sterilized, we had to listen to our elders tell us, "I told you so."

#11339   2013/09/27 08:38AM
    Rfan

Love and support for Mrs Lily Ashby.

#11340   2013/09/27 01:06PM
    MsSuperSuds

Quote shalaydra75: Luv Lily. I am disappointed that I did not see her confront Hilary.

Suds-I was also engrossed with Lane's romance. I had never seen anything like it on TV. I initially thought that Obama winning the presidency meant something. Young folks of my generation begin to think that the world was really changing. When Lily was sterilized, we had to listen to our elders tell us, "I told you so."

You are right! I also believe that the election of Obama as president of US had a lot to do w/ Cane & Lily reuniting after Chloegate; but MAB still had plans to kill Lily & write Cane off screen. The PC3 retcon appeared later in 2009--July 4, 2009--after Cane & Lily were actually married. After splitting Cane & Lily again, MAB gave Lily stage 4 ovarian cancer. She & Cane reunited & he took care of her but MAB continued to send Lily to the hospital w/ crises. That's when Victoria Rowell got real loud w/ her accusatins & charges of racism at Y&R & cbs. Instead of killing Lily, MAB killed her BFF, Colleen Carlton. In attempting to destroy Cane & Lily, MAB destroyed so much of Y&R and its history.

« 1129 1130 1131 1132 1133 1134 1135 1136 1137 1138 1139 » »| page:

Please register and login to be able to post in this message board.

« Go back to topic list