List of Shows

recommended for you

Tell your friends

TELL YOUR FRIENDS

The Young and the Restless - MESSAGE BOARDS

Soaps Boards :: The Young and the Restless Forum :: Lily (No Bash)

Please register and login to be able to post in this message board.

Lily (No Bash)

Started by Candace at 2008/12/23 04:29AM
    Latest post: 2014/07/24 12:21PM, Views: 1726439, Replies: 12085
    « 1116 1117 1118 1119 1120 1121 1122 1123 1124 1125 1126 » »| page:
    #11201   2013/08/19 02:41PM
    Re: New! Non-Bash Thread for Lily!
    luvroflife

Quote Gracewashere:
    Quote MsSuperSuds:
    Quote Gracewashere:
    Quote MsSuperSuds:
    Changing the world is good for those who want their names in books. But being happy, that is for those who write their names in the lives of others, and hold the hearts of others as the treasure most dear. — Orson Scott Card

Good afternoon, Mrs Ashby! Hope that all is well in your corner of the world. You have the best that you are going to get on Y&R. Once lost, its never regained, so hold on tight while you can. I wish you well whatever your choice or fate happens to be. Luv you much & I will holler at you again soon. Have a great day.

Sharon gave up her status as a "one trick pony" and is now a "many tricks pony" and look at her now. She has been mounted and rode by almost every man in town. There are very few to no places for her to fit. What is she doing now? Trying to get back to "one trick pony" status where she was happiest! Or at least, that is what she stated that she is doing. Laurenn is not doing so well on the home front either. I don't want that for Lily nor do I want her to suffer like that thru the rest of her life.

Oh contraire, Lauren (Tracey Bergman) is doing just fine in my opinion, she is on screen, she is getting story lines and she is back fighting side by side with Michael against Carmine. Tracey Bergman's now has a contract I think. I am not sure what will happen to the character Sharon if she is back to being "happy" Sharon, doing Happy Homemaker things with Nick. Will she continue to get the "juicy" soap opera story lines then. I just don't want to see Lily sidelined (again) and only appearing on Winter Wednesday (or whatever). Lily is portrayed by a strong spunky individual (I think) who has a lot more to offer than being the little obedient wife. Lily's character has a lot more to offer and if the new writers can only write her has the "happy" wife of Cane??? Would they write for her...Maybe??? I want more Lily sans Cane.

At least we agree on one thing: we want to see better things for Lily than being sidelined and backburered. Lily was not just isolated, sidelined and/or backburnered. There is a whole lot more information to that story than you realize. So I am equally glad & grateful that CK still has a job as the portrayer of Lily Winters Ashby!

You are right on all that you say and I am happy that Lily, the character and her portrayer has such strong supporters and again you are right, I do not know any of the inside information, I am not an insider as you can well assume, but just a Mom who loves her soaps. I just don't want Lily to become some "placid" character that can be backburned easily. A little off topic but I kinda want Lily to be a Scarlett O'Hara type character not the wife of Ashley (the name of which I can't even remember). Would it be that horrible if the character Lily was; say, a pole dancer on the side, or something. At this point I don't even care if it is Cane that comes to her assistance, just give her something. Sorry, I love Lily more since I think her portrayed has some Native ancestry, as do I, not that that is important or anything. Don't neuter her I say and that is what I think her relationship with Cane is doing to her character. Sorry I know I am not welcomed here on this thread (no self pity), but I do have strong opinions on the subject of Lily and her importance (and it is great) for this Y&R to survive...Rant over!!!

I welcome all Lily supporters. But I have to ask if you have forgotten her past meaningful s/ls - death of a parent; cancer; surrogacy; relevant in the fashion industry; all important messages to young and less young women alike!! Is what you're saying is that the only relevant s/l is Lily being passed thru every man on the canvas?? I care about this character enough not to want her to be included on those infamous list 5 to 10 years from now. My wish for this actor is that she is able to escape this gendre if the only screen time worthy of note is her being trashed! This is not who this character has been shown to be and not who she should become and known for. Can't we have diversity in personalities? Can't some female characters go thru trials, while having loving, respectful spouses, holding on to their self respect??

Sorry for the rant. I just scratch my head when some overlook what this character has endured and expect so little.

#11202   2013/08/19 02:42PM
    Gracewashere

Can't seem to edit my post, oh well, I had to look it up on Wikepedia (can I say that?). Anyways Ashley's wife's name was Melanie (but who really cares). Lily should be a memorable Scarlett O'Hara character not a boring Ashley (Ashby???)little wife. Again just my opinion...Go Lily!!!

#11203   2013/08/19 02:52PM
    Gracewashere

Quote luvroflife:
    Quote Gracewashere:
    Quote MsSuperSuds:
    Quote Gracewashere:
    Quote MsSuperSuds:
    Changing the world is good for those who want their names in books. But being happy, that is for those who write their names in the lives of others, and hold the hearts of others as the treasure most dear. — Orson Scott Card

Good afternoon, Mrs Ashby! Hope that all is well in your corner of the world. You have the best that you are going to get on Y&R. Once lost, its never regained, so hold on tight while you can. I wish you well whatever your choice or fate happens to be. Luv you much & I will holler at you again soon. Have a great day.

Sharon gave up her status as a "one trick pony" and is now a "many tricks pony" and look at her now. She has been mounted and rode by almost every man in town. There are very few to no places for her to fit. What is she doing now? Trying to get back to "one trick pony" status where she was happiest! Or at least, that is what she stated that she is doing. Laurenn is not doing so well on the home front either. I don't want that for Lily nor do I want her to suffer like that thru the rest of her life.

Oh contraire, Lauren (Tracey Bergman) is doing just fine in my opinion, she is on screen, she is getting story lines and she is back fighting side by side with Michael against Carmine. Tracey Bergman's now has a contract I think. I am not sure what will happen to the character Sharon if she is back to being "happy" Sharon, doing Happy Homemaker things with Nick. Will she continue to get the "juicy" soap opera story lines then. I just don't want to see Lily sidelined (again) and only appearing on Winter Wednesday (or whatever). Lily is portrayed by a strong spunky individual (I think) who has a lot more to offer than being the little obedient wife. Lily's character has a lot more to offer and if the new writers can only write her has the "happy" wife of Cane??? Would they write for her...Maybe??? I want more Lily sans Cane.

At least we agree on one thing: we want to see better things for Lily than being sidelined and backburered. Lily was not just isolated, sidelined and/or backburnered. There is a whole lot more information to that story than you realize. So I am equally glad & grateful that CK still has a job as the portrayer of Lily Winters Ashby!

You are right on all that you say and I am happy that Lily, the character and her portrayer has such strong supporters and again you are right, I do not know any of the inside information, I am not an insider as you can well assume, but just a Mom who loves her soaps. I just don't want Lily to become some "placid" character that can be backburned easily. A little off topic but I kinda want Lily to be a Scarlett O'Hara type character not the wife of Ashley (the name of which I can't even remember). Would it be that horrible if the character Lily was; say, a pole dancer on the side, or something. At this point I don't even care if it is Cane that comes to her assistance, just give her something. Sorry, I love Lily more since I think her portrayed has some Native ancestry, as do I, not that that is important or anything. Don't neuter her I say and that is what I think her relationship with Cane is doing to her character. Sorry I know I am not welcomed here on this thread (no self pity), but I do have strong opinions on the subject of Lily and her importance (and it is great) for this Y&R to survive...Rant over!!!

I welcome all Lily supporters. But I have to ask if you have forgotten her past meaningful s/ls - death of a parent; cancer; surrogacy; relevant in the fashion industry; all important messages to young and less young women alike!! Is what you're saying is that the only relevant s/l is Lily being passed thru every man on the canvas?? I care about this character enough not to want her to be included on those infamous list 5 to 10 years from now. My wish for this actor is that she is able to escape this gendre if the only screen time worthy of note is her being trashed! This is not who this character has been shown to be and not who she should become and known for. Can't we have diversity in personalities? Can't some female characters go thru trials, while having loving, respectful spouses, holding on to their self respect??

Sorry for the rant. I just scratch my head when some overlook what this character has endured and expect so little.

I will not respond to your post, as I suspect it will get me banned, but hey love your Mayor and our Mayor (not a saint) got to save her, well sort of. Must have been a really big salmon. Love your spunky Major as I love a spunky Lily. Just don't want to see Lily put on a pedestal on her way to Sainthood for all that she has endured, and she has no doubt. Sorry feeling ganged up on for the way I love Lily, sorry folks.

#11204   2013/08/19 04:15PM
    MsSuperSuds

Quote Gracewashere:
    Quote luvroflife:
    Quote Gracewashere:
    Quote MsSuperSuds:
    Quote Gracewashere:
    Quote MsSuperSuds:

I will not respond to your post, as I suspect it will get me banned, but hey love your Mayor and our Mayor (not a saint) got to save her, well sort of. Must have been a really big salmon. Love your spunky Major as I love a spunky Lily. Just don't want to see Lily put on a pedestal on her way to Sainthood for all that she has endured, and she has no doubt. Sorry feeling ganged up on for the way I love Lily, sorry folks.

ROFL! You are funny! I would not dare gang up on you; but I know Lily's past since CK came on the show at age 14. I also know & understand Lily's parentage. I just don't agree with you. I would rather see Lily treated well by her current husband & put on a pedestal than what both MAB & JFP plannned for her. Lily has already survived a teen marriage to a young man of whom she had to do all the taking care. I would rather see her being taken care of than being used & abused like all the other women on the show. There is plenty of freedom for Lily to do a lot of things as a happily married woman w/ children. What the writers need to do is restore her personality so she can speak up for herself and restore her assertive, go-getter personality so she can do whatever she wants as a career, etc. I lost respect and interest in all of the other screwed up, used, confused and abused (Nikki)women on the show anyway. Lily represents something other than the run-of-the-mill female on a soap and I would like to keep it that way.

#11205   2013/08/19 04:43PM
    Gracewashere

Quote MsSuperSuds:
    Quote Gracewashere:
    Quote luvroflife:
    Quote Gracewashere:
    Quote MsSuperSuds:
    Quote Gracewashere:
    Quote MsSuperSuds:

ROFL! You are funny! I would not dare gang up on you; but I know Lily's past since CK came on the show at age 14. I also know & understand Lily's parentage. I just don't agree with you. I would rather see Lily treated well by her current husband & put on a pedestal than what both MAB & JFP plannned for her. Lily has already survived a teen marriage to a young man of whom she had to do all the taking care. I would rather see her being taken care of than being used & abused like all the other women on the show. There is plenty of freedom for Lily to do a lot of things as a happily married woman w/ children. What the writers need to do is restore her personality so she can speak up for herself and restore her assertive, go-getter personality so she can do whatever she wants as a career, etc. I lost respect and interest in all of the other screwed up, used, confused and abused (Nikki)women on the show anyway. Lily represents something other than the run-of-the-mill female on a soap and I would like to keep it that way.

O.K. I see your point, but I am so blinded by my disgust by Mr. Look at Me, Look at Me, I am a Ghost husband Cane. Cane, in my opinion is the albatross around Lily's neck. Free herself of Cane and the sky is the limit for the character Lily, good things can come her way. I love the character Lily.

#11206   2013/08/19 05:44PM
    MsSuperSuds

Grace, the EPs & writers don't see Lily that way. They see her as the exact opposite, so I am not so sure that you will get any good writing for Lily from this writing team especially since JG is now gone. Unless they have had a sudden change of heart. So be very careful what you ask for when it comes to Lily or any peoples of color on Y&R. You just might get what you ask for and you won't like the way they hand it to you. (JMO)

#11207   2013/08/19 06:55PM
    Gracewashere

Quote MsSuperSuds: Grace, the EPs & writers don't see Lily that way. They see her as the exact opposite, so I am not so sure that you will get any good writing for Lily from this writing team especially since JG is now gone. Unless they have had a sudden change of heart. So be very careful what you ask for when it comes to Lily or any peoples of color on Y&R. You just might get what you ask for and you won't like the way they hand it to you. (JMO)

O.K. I will admit you have set me to thinking, but may I ask, are you sure? Is Lily's future and I mean the character future only assured if she is attached to white man Cane??? and I don't mean to have any racial connotation here, but since you mention peoples of color on Y&R, that is sad indeed if true. I still believe Lily is a strong enough character to stand on her own, whether it be with Cane or Tyler or someone else.

#11208   2013/08/19 07:11PM
    MsSuperSuds

Quote Gracewashere:
    Quote MsSuperSuds: Grace, the EPs & writers don't see Lily that way. They see her as the exact opposite, so I am not so sure that you will get any good writing for Lily from this writing team especially since JG is now gone. Unless they have had a sudden change of heart. So be very careful what you ask for when it comes to Lily or any peoples of color on Y&R. You just might get what you ask for and you won't like the way they hand it to you. (JMO)

O.K. I will admit you have set me to thinking, but may I ask, are you sure? Is Lily's future and I mean the character future only assured if she is attached to white man Cane??? and I don't mean to have any racial connotation here, but since you mention peoples of color on Y&R, that is sad indeed if true. I still believe Lily is a strong enough character to stand on her own, whether it be with Cane or Tyler or someone else.

Lily can do anything; but the writing is not there for Lily. I am hoping that it gets better for her b/c she is a feisty and very popular character. What did you notice about the writing for Lily when this possibility of a Tyler hookup took place? Who got the dialogues? Who did all the talking? Who did the stalking, the pursuing, the scheming & the manipulating? Lily was just a foil for this dude as intended by the writers. This was not Lily's story; it was Tyler's story. All emphasis was on what he wanted and what he did. Lily was the reactionary in the whole scheme of things. No one knows what Lily was thinking during the whole time during the 8 months of that ordeal. She had no voice. Cane is the only male on the whole show to whom she is not related to whom Lily can speak her mind--freely. This regime just like the last (MAB) writes very badly for all the women in the cast. Who knows what will happen next for Lily?

Modified 1 times(s), last time at: 2013/08/19 07:14PM
    #11209   2013/08/19 07:24PM
    Gracewashere

Quote MsSuperSuds:
    Quote Gracewashere:

Lily can do anything; but the writing is not there for Lily. I am hoping that it gets better for her b/c she is a feisty and very popular character. What did you notice about the writing for Lily when this possibility of a Tyler hookup took place? Who got the dialogues? Who did all the talking? Who did the stalking, the pursuing, the scheming & the manipulating? Lily was just a foil for this dude as intended by the writers. This was not Lily's story; it was Tyler's story. All emphasis was on what he wanted and what he did. Lily was the reactionary in the whole scheme of things. No one knows what Lily was thinking during the whole time during the 8 months of that ordeal. She had no voice. Cane is the only male on the whole show to whom she is not related to whom Lily can speak her mind--freely. This regime just like the last (MAB) writes very badly for all the women in the cast. Who knows what will happen next for Lily?

Thanks for your posts, set me to thinking, not sure I agree, I have to sleep on this one. Love Lily, Hate that Cane was going to take Lily to court on the babies issue, hate the Cane is a ghost thing, Hate that Cane didn't trust Lily and treated her as a child, hate that Cane stalked Lily as a ghost, sorry, yup, still don't like Lane, but, oh, will have to sleep on this one. Can I love Lily, but not love Lily and Cane together??? Good Night, fellow Lily fans.

#11210   2013/08/20 07:25AM
    Rfan

Love and support for the beautiful Mrs Lily Ashby.

« 1116 1117 1118 1119 1120 1121 1122 1123 1124 1125 1126 » »| page:

Please register and login to be able to post in this message board.

« Go back to topic list