List of Shows

recommended for you

Tell your friends

TELL YOUR FRIENDS

The Young and the Restless - MESSAGE BOARDS

Soaps Boards :: The Young and the Restless Forum :: Lily (No Bash)

Please register and login to be able to post in this message board.

Lily (No Bash)

Started by Candace at 2008/12/23 04:29AM
    Latest post: 2014/07/28 08:18AM, Views: 1728196, Replies: 12091
    « 1098 1099 1100 1101 1102 1103 1104 1105 1106 1107 1108 » »| page:
    #11021   2013/07/15 02:02PM
    Re: New! Non-Bash Thread for Lily!
    luvroflife

I've debated commenting but can't hold back because its so sad to see women cheer for a young woman to hurt her family, especially her small children because a man is 'hot' to some. Don't know what writers have in store, but so far, Lily has exhibited self respect and love for her family. And I applaud that!

Yeah, reel v real but these fictional characters act out real life situations on a daily basis. And too many women have failed to consider the impact of their actions on their kids. So far, Lily has. And a lot of us appreciate that.

Soaps does educate and socialize viewers to some extent. And it needs to be told that a man who must manipulate ("my car not working, give me a ride; BTW your husband's at the office with Chelsea; did I overhear her husbands out of town - lets get a drink!) and use embellished lines (you're supermom; you should be running this division) isn't interested in much more than a tumble, and however it shakes out for the woman, ain't his problem!!

I'm here to support Lily - a strong, young mother who has self respect. Not all females on this show have to be brainless to entertain.

#11022   2013/07/15 02:21PM
    Chicken Alfredo

Aye, different strokes for different folks. I stress Y&R is for entertainment purposes only because posters tend to judge the person in a personally manner, when it isn't real life to begin. Real life can get hectic sometimes. TV shows and soap operas are considered an escape from those things. People should be able to cheer for whoever they want.

Heck, I don't feel it's cool to cheer for a couple where the man that so called loved his wife drove her into the nuthouse and almost got his children killed. But guess what? People love them, and they have every right to love them. It is what it is.

#11023   2013/07/15 05:18PM
    Gracewashere

Quote Chicken Alfredo: Aye, different strokes for different folks. I stress Y&R is for entertainment purposes only because posters tend to judge the person in a personally manner, when it isn't real life to begin. Real life can get hectic sometimes. TV shows and soap operas are considered an escape from those things. People should be able to cheer for whoever they want.

Heck, I don't feel it's cool to cheer for a couple where the man that so called loved his wife drove her into the nuthouse and almost got his children killed. But guess what? People love them, and they have every right to love them. It is what it is.

I agree with your Chicken Alfredo. Soaps are for entertainment purposes and I have been entertained by them for years, way back when Search for Tomorrow was on for 15 minutes. Brother vs. brother in love with the same girl seemed to be a staple back them. I love Lily and have since the Malcolm/Neil, Dru, Olivia situation. I love Lily... I just don't love Lily with Cane. I think she made a wrong decision in taking him back. We can't all cheer for the same team. I love the chemistry of Lily and Tyler, but if we can love Lily, than great I say for this non-bash Lily thread.

#11024   2013/07/15 05:51PM
    daneerose

Quote luvroflife: I've debated commenting but can't hold back because its so sad to see women cheer for a young woman to hurt her family, especially her small children because a man is 'hot' to some. Don't know what writers have in store, but so far, Lily has exhibited self respect and love for her family. And I applaud that!

Yeah, reel v real but these fictional characters act out real life situations on a daily basis. And too many women have failed to consider the impact of their actions on their kids. So far, Lily has. And a lot of us appreciate that.

Soaps does educate and socialize viewers to some extent. And it needs to be told that a man who must manipulate ("my car not working, give me a ride; BTW your husband's at the office with Chelsea; did I overhear her husbands out of town - lets get a drink!) and use embellished lines (you're supermom; you should be running this division) isn't interested in much more than a tumble, and however it shakes out for the woman, ain't his problem!!

I'm here to support Lily - a strong, young mother who has self respect. Not all females on this show have to be brainless to entertain.

Great post! I love Lily and I love the fact that she loves Cane and her children. My favorite part of the love scene we just recently had for Lane was the Billy voice over when he said if you find true love you will never be lost, you will always find your way home. The cameras were on Lily and Cane kissing at the time. I loved it and that said it all to me.

btw saw some clips DG tweeted of their fan event and looks like Christel had a really good time. She seemed to enjoy dancing. Luv my girl!

Modified 1 times(s), last time at: 2013/07/15 05:52PM
    #11025   2013/07/16 07:17AM
    StarW

Quote Gracewashere:
    Quote Chicken Alfredo: Aye, different strokes for different folks. I stress Y&R is for entertainment purposes only because posters tend to judge the person in a personally manner, when it isn't real life to begin. Real life can get hectic sometimes. TV shows and soap operas are considered an escape from those things. People should be able to cheer for whoever they want.

I agree with your Chicken Alfredo. Soaps are for entertainment purposes and I have been entertained by them for years, way back when Search for Tomorrow was on for 15 minutes. Brother vs. brother in love with the same girl seemed to be a staple back them. I love Lily and have since the Malcolm/Neil, Dru, Olivia situation. I love Lily... I just don't love Lily with Cane. I think she made a wrong decision in taking him back. We can't all cheer for the same team. I love the chemistry of Lily and Tyler, but if we can love Lily, than great I say for this non-bash Lily thread.

Great posts, girls! When I watch Y&R, I want to be entertained. And yes we CAN'T all cheer for the same team... Yes I love Lily with Tyler, I think they are refreshing, she comes alive around him and YES they have an amazing chemistry. Now other people ship Lane, a pairing that I don't like for aaaall kind of reasons and it's fine. It is what it is.

#11026   2013/07/16 08:49AM
    Chicken Alfredo

Good morning, Lily shippers. Kisses to the most beautiful woman on daytime television

#11027   2013/07/16 10:08AM
    luvroflife

I hear those of you who see this as 'entertainment'. Guess I'm p/o the group that isn't entertained by women behaving as adolescents to prop another character or promote a lame plot line. THERE are strong women who, even if they choose to play, do it on their terms. This show refuses to recognize this.

And sorry, see no chemistry. As Tyler has stated many times, 'they worked late nights and weekends' - and still nothing!

Apologies to Lily fans, of which I am one (not because of a potential hook up). I know the purpose of this thread is to acknowledge and support "the strong woman and mother" that is Lily!

This s/l has done neither actor any favors.

#11028   2013/07/16 12:03PM
    MsSuperSuds

ITA!, Luvroflife! It is my hope that Lily will not be taken down this dark road of no return b/c it is not good soap fare. None of the other women who have been taken down that path by this regime are prospering at the moment. None will ever be the same & it is nothing I wish to sit around and watch. I don't understand why any other female would like to watch women degraded & sexually exploited. I wish Lily well.

Just popped in to say hello. Will holler at you people later in the day.

#11029   2013/07/16 12:46PM
    MsSuperSuds

Compassion is the ultimate and most meaningful embodiment of emotional maturity. It is through compassion that a person achieves the highest peak and deepest reach in his or her search for self-fulfillment.
    — Arthur Jersild

I wish the writers & showrunners were more compassionate in their approach to presenting the show on screen to an audience dominated by women. I also wish they were more genuine in their approach to portraying women. Luv you much, Miss Lily! Will catch you next time.

#11030   2013/07/16 12:47PM
    Gracewashere

Good afternoon. I love Lily. I see her in some ways as a possible Dagny Taggart of GC (Atlas Shrugged, one of my favourite books). I think she has the potential to be a mover and a shaker, especially with Tyler by her side. She doesn't need Cane. Go Lily, be all that you can be, sans Cane.

Modified 1 times(s), last time at: 2013/07/16 12:48PM
    « 1098 1099 1100 1101 1102 1103 1104 1105 1106 1107 1108 » »| page:

Please register and login to be able to post in this message board.

« Go back to topic list