List of Shows

recommended for you

Tell your friends

TELL YOUR FRIENDS

The Young and the Restless - MESSAGE BOARDS

Soaps Boards :: The Young and the Restless Forum :: Lily (No Bash)

Please register and login to be able to post in this message board.

Lily (No Bash)

Started by Candace at 2008/12/23 04:29AM
    Latest post: 2014/07/24 09:57PM, Views: 1726591, Replies: 12086
    « 1091 1092 1093 1094 1095 1096 1097 1098 1099 1100 1101 » »| page:
    #10951   2013/07/06 11:58AM
    Re: New! Non-Bash Thread for Lily!
    MsSuperSuds

Quote flygirl1969: I'm so glad Lily realizes what she has and is not going to risk her family and marriage for some crush/infatuation. It all happened just as Cane predicted and Tyler did do everything he could to make her lose sight of what was truly important. He stroked her ego then he used his sob story family life to play on her emotions but Lily was NEVER shown to have stopped loving her husband and as evident in the most recent episodes she loves Cane more than ever. Once Cane finds out that Tyler kissed his wife and Lily said nothing it will be angst for them but in the end Lily loves her husband and Cane and Lily will be stronger.

Good Saturday afternoon, Fly! I must agree with you. There is a big difference between like, lust & love which continues to be interchangeable somehow on Y&R. Like is just an infatuation--a passing fancy; lust is a quickie that enjoys the here & now b/c I want it now & moves on to another, and love is deeply ingrained into your soul forever. None of these emotions should ever be confused w/ each other but the writers blur the lines & younger viewers don't seem to know the differences among any of these three emotions. I already feel sad for Lauren & Michael trying to recover from this Carmine silliness; but they won't ever be the same. Viewers have so little respect for Lauren at this point that many don't care if the marriage works or not. I don't want to see LANE go thru the same kinds of drama over nothing & no one who truly matters in the scheme of their lives together. Lily & Cane have been thru too much together to settle for anything less than what they have w/ each other.

My biggest pet peeve is that the current writers do not know how to write flirtations, romances, & love stories very well. Everything is a quick screen test to see if the characters have any kind of chemistry w/ each other. Each phase of the relationship is a quickie. Quick sex, quick hookups called dating, even quicker marriages and the fastest divorces known to man. Nothing is sustained so there is little to root for. The show is already a mess & it seems to be getting messier. DOOL is opposite Y&R in most markets and I understand it is kicking butt; so Y&R needs to be aware of the competition and what it is doing. Even Y&R sister soap, B&B, is writing strong women w/ brains & who speak their minds. B&B is kicking butt, so Y&R needs to step up the creativity or get trampled in the ratings.

I can't seem to get enough of Cane & Lily! Looking forward to seeing them on screen ASAP.

#10952   2013/07/06 02:29PM
    daneerose

I so loved the three epis we got recently with the twins, Cane and Lily. Lily was so happy spending time with her family. She told Cane she loved being his wife and the twins Mother. It was nice to hear Mattie call Lily Mommy! First time we Lane fans have heard that. The Billy voice over Montage just confirmed for me how much in love Cane and Lily are. When Billy said "When you find someone who truly loves you then you can always find your way home" The cameras featured Cane and Lily kissing. It was so beautiful. The other scene I loved was Cane and Lily on the couch cuddling each other and saying I love you. It was one of the sweetest scenes. I Love Mrs. Lily Ashby and I love Lane.

#10953   2013/07/07 04:57AM
    flygirl1969

Yay Lily! This girl is getting ready to fight for her marriage and prove her love to her husband. She's flashed back to that unfortunate nastiness 2x now so I think we know it's about to come out but she LOVES Cane and will make him understand that it was nothing. Go TigerLily!

#10954   2013/07/07 08:48AM
    shorty725

Quote MsSuperSuds:
    Quote flygirl1969: I'm so glad Lily realizes what she has and is not going to risk her family and marriage for some crush/infatuation. It all happened just as Cane predicted and Tyler did do everything he could to make her lose sight of what was truly important. He stroked her ego then he used his sob story family life to play on her emotions but Lily was NEVER shown to have stopped loving her husband and as evident in the most recent episodes she loves Cane more than ever. Once Cane finds out that Tyler kissed his wife and Lily said nothing it will be angst for them but in the end Lily loves her husband and Cane and Lily will be stronger.

Good Saturday afternoon, Fly! I must agree with you. There is a big difference between like, lust & love which continues to be interchangeable somehow on Y&R. Like is just an infatuation--a passing fancy; lust is a quickie that enjoys the here & now b/c I want it now & moves on to another, and love is deeply ingrained into your soul forever. None of these emotions should ever be confused w/ each other but the writers blur the lines & younger viewers don't seem to know the differences among any of these three emotions. I already feel sad for Lauren & Michael trying to recover from this Carmine silliness; but they won't ever be the same. Viewers have so little respect for Lauren at this point that many don't care if the marriage works or not. I don't want to see LANE go thru the same kinds of drama over nothing & no one who truly matters in the scheme of their lives together. Lily & Cane have been thru too much together to settle for anything less than what they have w/ each other.

My biggest pet peeve is that the current writers do not know how to write flirtations, romances, & love stories very well. Everything is a quick screen test to see if the characters have any kind of chemistry w/ each other. Each phase of the relationship is a quickie. Quick sex, quick hookups called dating, even quicker marriages and the fastest divorces known to man. Nothing is sustained so there is little to root for. The show is already a mess & it seems to be getting messier. DOOL is opposite Y&R in most markets and I understand it is kicking butt; so Y&R needs to be aware of the competition and what it is doing. Even Y&R sister soap, B&B, is writing strong women w/ brains & who speak their minds. B&B is kicking butt, so Y&R needs to step up the creativity or get trampled in the ratings.

I can't seem to get enough of Cane & Lily! Looking forward to seeing them on screen ASAP.

Suds, you wrote what I have been thinking. Lily is so much more than a quick hook-up or roll in the hay with anyone. She took the time to fall in love with her husband so for her to portrayed as lusting after a whiny, crybaby loser is just plain rediculous.

#10955   2013/07/07 10:27AM
    restlesstalk

This current regime is MAB and the minions of disaster on steriods.

They don't know how to cast, write romance, or show love. I will fight for who Lily Ashby is. She is a strong, quite, and determined. She loves her husband and her family. She is TigerLily. No ghetto, trash talking, manipulative, personality disordered piece of crap, could ever turn her mind or her heart...simple.

#10956   2013/07/07 10:32AM
    MsSuperSuds

Good Sunday afternoon, Miss Lily! just want to holler at you again today! I hope that all of NB's ranting on twitter will either get rid of these hacks or make them step up their game to write better dialogue for you. I have never seen someone so muzzled in my life especially when their entire lifestyle is dependent on opening their mouths and expressing their feelings & emotions. The fans are displeased enough for you. Looking forward to better days for Miss Lily. Have a great Sunday! Will holler at you again soon.

#10957   2013/07/07 10:55AM
    restlesstalk

Quote MsSuperSuds: Good Sunday afternoon, Miss Lily! just want to holler at you again today! I hope that all of NB's ranting on twitter will either get rid of these hacks or make them step up their game to write better dialogue for you. I have never seen someone so muzzled in my life especially when their entire lifestyle is dependent on opening their mouths and expressing their feelings & emotions. The fans are displeased enough for you. Looking forward to better days for Miss Lily. Have a great Sunday! Will holler at you again soon.

Getting rid of them, without reducing the imput of Angelica McDaniel, will do know good. She is just as much apart of this mess as JG/JFP!

#10958   2013/07/07 03:26PM
    restlesstalk

A bump for the BEST of YR!

#10959   2013/07/07 07:03PM
    shalaydra75

The Lily character may be muzzled but her fans are not. Thanks, Lane fans for not respecting the mess that writers are presenting.

#10960   2013/07/07 09:02PM
    restlesstalk

Quote shalaydra75: The Lily character may be muzzled but her fans are not. Thanks, Lane fans for not respecting the mess that writers are presenting.

Always support Lily! Always know when she is being written OOC to suit plot point ish!

« 1091 1092 1093 1094 1095 1096 1097 1098 1099 1100 1101 » »| page:

Please register and login to be able to post in this message board.

« Go back to topic list