List of Shows

recommended for you

Tell your friends

TELL YOUR FRIENDS

The Young and the Restless - MESSAGE BOARDS

Soaps Boards :: The Young and the Restless Forum :: Lily (No Bash)

Please register and login to be able to post in this message board.

Lily (No Bash)

Started by Candace at 2008/12/23 04:29AM
    Latest post: 2014/09/30 05:38PM, Views: 1772160, Replies: 12214
    « 1063 1064 1065 1066 1067 1068 1069 1070 1071 1072 1073 » »| page:
    #10671   2013/05/15 07:23PM
    Re: New! Non-Bash Thread for Lily!
    shalaydra75

Quote MsSuperSuds:
    Quote shalaydra75:
    Quote MsSuperSuds: Good evening, shorty! I find the wariting to be just plain stupid. Isn't it odd that a young vibrant woman whose husband has just been promoted as CEO of a major corporation would throw all of that and her family away for this loser? I can't picture this at all. The woman must have a head full of rocks to do something so stupid. Let's hope this is not Lily! The writers are not going to be so kind as to redeem her as they are the other women of GC.

Suds, I have always said that TPTB will not allow Cane to have power and be with Lily PERIOD. Look how quickly and stupidly they were ripped Lane asunder when Cane became the CEO of Jabot. I will repeat that IMO the Tily s/l has nothing to do with Lily or Tyler, but rather, it is about freeing Cane so that he may find a “suitable partner.” (TPTB might put him with Chloe again; I read in a post that Chlovin might end soon.)

My only response is that DG & EH have never had any romantic chemistry; but MAB stuck them together once before. It was a loveless marriage then and I can't see any changes now either. Oh well, It did not work then, so why not try it again. The audience is not stupid! That one little brown-skin female could scare this many people into perpetuating such madness and insanity leaves me reeling w/o comprehension. But we shall see which way this stupidity goes. Keep in mind that at least 36% of the audience is AA. VR says it is 50%! Whichever is the case, I see a huge portion of that AA audience saying this show does not like people who look like me to be a real force on this show & decide to walk away. LANERS are already walking away from this madness. The audience is not stupid! Anyway, I am waiting to see exactly where these hacks are going with Miss Lily and this madness w/ this boy. Lily comes off as more of a mother-hen to him than a potential romantic interest or a lover. TPTB are pushing this nonsense too hard for it to work or to make sense. Y&R is going to be the ultimate loser.

I also need to point out that LANE's popularity cause a lot of jealousy & resentment coming from cast members who get much more air time and story than they do. Some few vocal ones just cannot understand why all of these fans stuck by LANE, supported them, promoted them, fought for them and protected them when needed. I am sure both get a lot of flack for being this ultra popular couple who attracts viewers in spite of all the opposition.

Suds-I definitely hope that JG does not go down that road. If not Chloe, will it be Avery, Sharon, Chelsea or hope not Phyllis.

IMO, TPTB do not understand demography or protect ratings. LML contract lasted only a year although she added viewers. I remember looking up ratings after a poster accused LML of undermining Y & R’s foundation. Most weeks during her tenure, Y & R had more viewers. In fact, her Valentine’s Week had nearly 800,000 more viewers than the previous year. I was not watching Y & R then, but reading the recaps, no one got shot; it was about couples enjoying each other’s company. Moreover, if they cared about ratings, they would unleash unadulterated classic Lane. Lanefans offer Y & R free advertisement. I would have left Y & R during babygate had it not been for core lane fans.

#10672   2013/05/16 05:39AM
    Rfan

Love and support for the beautiful Lily Ashby

#10673   2013/05/16 07:56AM
    MsSuperSuds

Swami Vivekananda
    “The world is the great gymnasium where we come to make ourselves strong.”

Just wanted to pop in to say hello, Miss Lily. I have never seen you in such a obstinate & testy mood w/ your brother, Devon, as you were in his last scenes w/ you. WOW! What a 180 the writers are doing on you & your personality! Nastiness is never very becoming to anyone--least of all--YOU! I hope it serves you well. If, indeed, yesterday was Devon's farewell on Y&R, I will sorely miss him and so will you. This guy has been in your corner supporting you on and off screen almost forever. Love the guy and I wish him well no matter what happens. I hope you have a great day! Will holler at you again next time.

Modified 1 times(s), last time at: 2013/05/16 07:57AM
    #10674   2013/05/16 05:24PM
    shorty725

Quote MsSuperSuds:
    Swami Vivekananda

Just wanted to pop in to say hello, Miss Lily. I have never seen you in such a obstinate & testy mood w/ your brother, Devon, as you were in his last scenes w/ you. WOW! What a 180 the writers are doing on you & your personality! Nastiness is never very becoming to anyone--least of all--YOU! I hope it serves you well. If, indeed, yesterday was Devon's farewell on Y&R, I will sorely miss him and so will you. This guy has been in your corner supporting you on and off screen almost forever. Love the guy and I wish him well no matter what happens. I hope you have a great day! Will holler at you again next time.

ITA, they have known each other since they were children but I know that Bryton will do good wherever he goes because he is a good actor whose talents were not being utilized on Y&R. TPTB is slowing removing the Winters family from GC while bringing in newbies. Lily, I hope that you are not the next one to go. Just look at the way you are being isolated from your husband in favor of the dud.

Will check in later.

#10675   2013/05/16 06:13PM
    MsSuperSuds

Quote shorty725:
    Quote MsSuperSuds:
    Swami Vivekananda

ITA, they have known each other since they were children but I know that Bryton will do good wherever he goes because he is a good actor whose talents were not being utilized on Y&R. TPTB is slowing removing the Winters family from GC while bringing in newbies. Lily, I hope that you are not the next one to go. Just look at the way you are being isolated from your husband in favor of the dud.

Will check in later.

Hey Shorty! Just saw a spoiler that suggests that Bryton will be around for at least a couple of more weeks--at least. So I hope he can provide some insight to Lily to wake her up. This whole mess is so badly written that it is confusing the hell out of me. I see no real interest or romantic chemistry between Lily &0 this fellow. Not even lust. Jealousy? NOPE! Wish I could tell what is happening; but I guess we will just have to wait for the anvil to fall on us b/f we know the outcome. I know what Y&R wants to happen but they are going about it in such an awful, dishonest and underhanded way to make Lily look like she is the aggressor; but she is not. This dude is now manipulating the situation. Nothing could ever make me think he is upstanding, a good guy, or a sympathetic character at this point. He is still the same slimy cockroach who entered GC coming on to a married woman and the writers might as well be honest about that. Gotta go!

I just wanted to pop in to say good night! Will catch you next time, Miss Lily! Sleep well.

Modified 1 times(s), last time at: 2013/05/16 06:18PM
    #10676   2013/05/16 07:56PM
    shalaydra75

Great posts shorty and suds. Shorty agree with you about minimizing the Winters. They are only sidekicks of Michaelsons. Little Moses does not exist. I think they are changing Lily's character to marginalize her.
    Suds, I hope you are right and I am wrong. I hope that TPTB give Cane power and allow him to be with Lily. I would become a fan again if that happens.

#10677   2013/05/17 03:45AM
    Krystalball

Not sure what's up with Lily. But I am still a fan.

#10678   2013/05/17 09:28AM
    MsSuperSuds

In all of living, have much fun and laughter. Life is to be enjoyed, not just endured. — Gordon B. Hinckley

Good afternoon, Miss Lily! Friendship is not something you want or need to have with a cockroach or a snake. Both have a way of infiltrating your space, lying low or hiding, and striking when you least expect them to do so. Don't be manipulated into a situation from which you cannot extract yourself w/o damage to yourself. Allowing your success in business to seep into your personal life can be quite destructive to your marriage. In the meantime, Enjoy your day. Luv you much and I will holler at you again soon.

Modified 1 times(s), last time at: 2013/05/17 09:31AM
    #10679   2013/05/17 01:57PM
    Rfan

Love and support for Mrs Lily Ashby the beautiful wife of Mr Cane Ashby mom to Mattie and Charlie Ashby.

#10680   2013/05/17 02:32PM
    shorty725

Quote MsSuperSuds:
    In all of living, have much fun and laughter. Life is to be enjoyed, not just endured. — Gordon B. Hinckley

Good afternoon, Miss Lily! Friendship is not something you want or need to have with a cockroach or a snake. Both have a way of infiltrating your space, lying low or hiding, and striking when you least expect them to do so. Don't be manipulated into a situation from which you cannot extract yourself w/o damage to yourself. Allowing your success in business to seep into your personal life can be quite destructive to your marriage. In the meantime, Enjoy your day. Luv you much and I will holler at you again soon.

I completely agree, Suds. I either read or heard that the main reason that the dud is interested in Lily is because she looks like a former girlfriend. He doesn't respect her enough to like Lily for herself but who she reminds him of. I think that this is why his sister keeps telling him to remember that Lily is a married woman with children. Lily should let this dud go live his life while she continues to live hers with Cane and her children.

Will check in later.

« 1063 1064 1065 1066 1067 1068 1069 1070 1071 1072 1073 » »| page:

Please register and login to be able to post in this message board.

« Go back to topic list