List of Shows

recommended for you

Tell your friends

TELL YOUR FRIENDS

The Young and the Restless - MESSAGE BOARDS

Soaps Boards :: The Young and the Restless Forum :: Lily (No Bash)

Please register and login to be able to post in this message board.

Lily (No Bash)

Started by Candace at 2008/12/23 04:29AM
    Latest post: 2014/09/17 01:31PM, Views: 1764239, Replies: 12193
    « 1062 1063 1064 1065 1066 1067 1068 1069 1070 1071 1072 » »| page:
    #10661   2013/05/14 08:11PM
    Re: New! Non-Bash Thread for Lily!
    shalaydra75

Quote shorty725:
    Quote MsSuperSuds:
    Quote shalaydra75:
    Quote MsSuperSuds:
    Quote shalaydra75: Thanks MsSuperSuds for the warning.

Shalaydra, I just read a play by play recap of today's CDN show. Believe it or not, the writers are going to finally allow Lily to speak up for herself. The girl finally has attitude and a voice to speak her mind! Will wonders ever cease? I hope this is a beginning for things on this show to improve for Christel. Five years of having no voice and having to take sh$t off everybody in your orbit except your husband could not possibly be fun for her to play Lily that way. Wonder what other bombshells regarding Lily the writers are going to drop on viewers during May sweeps? I guess they will do a lot of changes to get viewers watching and spike the ratings again, won't they? Seems as if LANERS are loving this new Lily. Let's hope she lasts past May sweeps! Will check in again later.

Thanks!!! See, this is why I have so much luv and respect core Lane fans. You guys are full information. After the last dinner scene, I thought I was completely finished with Y & R. I will make sure I watch tomorrow. I do worry that if they get ratings up, they will go after Lane again. It seems as breaking up is a job requirement for writers.

Like I stated before, I will not watch this or any Y&R episode on my TV. If I have to wait weeks for one of the video makers to put it on YT, so be it. I don't trust these showrunners enough to give them an nth of a ratings point for finally giving Lily a backbone and the chance to open her mouth to defend herself. Its been almost a year and this writing team has made Lily look so naive, silly and stupid that one would assume she didn't have one brain in her head and that she just fell off the turnip truck. So this sudden about-face is not enough for me to give them my viewership--not yet anyway.

Can you imagine that Christel has been on this show for ten long years; yet they bring in Chloe, Chelsea, & Avery and attempt to make them romantic leading ladies while isolating Lily or putting her on the sidelines and the backburner? Nah! I am not yet buying what they are selling! They have got to do better by Christel and her alter-ego, Lily, than just one episode of feistiness.

Suds,

Christel may have said that she wanted to show another side to Lily's character, I'm sure she didn't want to be this cheating person that is being shown now which some seem to think is great for her (Lily's) character. Why couldn't Lily be a force to be reckoned with in business. TPTB had to do something with this dud that they hired so Lily was the logical choice plus with CK not being on contract, why not destroy her the way that Sharon and Lauren has been destroyed.

Sharon is being portrayed as this desperate, booty call sex object female that can't stay away from the man that stole her child at birth who told her that this same child was so badly deformed that she wouldn't want to see it, who is using her in his sick twisted games until he finds out that he has a child of his own then he will throw her out like last year's trash.

Lauren is out chasing the local bartender because she blames her husband for trying to keep their son from bullying another person. From what I read, Lauren even told Micheal that she's cheating because of him while claiming to want to fight for her marriage and family.

Now, we have Lily going after this dud and for what reason? He doesn't respect her as a woman of any intelligence, only as a woman that he wants to have sex with, then what? How in the world could he possibly be a father figure to her children, children that she fought so hard to have in the first place, when he is still a child himself and a selfish one at that plus there is still something that he and she sister are not telling anyone.

My hope is that the writers fix this mess, which is worst than ever, before this soap is cancelled. Remember that 2014 is not that far away anymore because we are almost into June and before you know it we will be ringing in 2014.

Supporting CK alias Lily Ashby. My prayer for you, CK is that someone will recognize your talent as an actress, give you the opportunity to showcase that talent so that others can see what your fans already know, that you have acting chops and all of this will be a distant memory. You have been acting since you were a little girl. I saw you on Matilda and Family Matters with Bryton (Devon). If given the chance, I know in my heart of hearts that you will knock their socks off.

Sleep well, my Lady. I will check in again tomorrow.

ITA with these posts, especially the parts in bold.

#10662   2013/05/14 08:14PM
    shalaydra75

Quote MsSuperSuds: Good evening, shorty! I find the wariting to be just plain stupid. Isn't it odd that a young vibrant woman whose husband has just been promoted as CEO of a major corporation would throw all of that and her family away for this loser? I can't picture this at all. The woman must have a head full of rocks to do something so stupid. Let's hope this is not Lily! The writers are not going to be so kind as to redeem her as they are the other women of GC.

Suds, I have always said that TPTB will not allow Cane to have power and be with Lily PERIOD. Look how quickly and stupidly they were ripped Lane asunder when Cane became the CEO of Jabot. I will repeat that IMO the Tily s/l has nothing to do with Lily or Tyler, but rather, it is about freeing Cane so that he may find a “suitable partner.” (TPTB might put him with Chloe again; I read in a post that Chlovin might end soon.)

#10663   2013/05/14 08:25PM
    Lanealways

Quote shalaydra75:
    Quote shorty725:
    Quote MsSuperSuds:
    Quote shalaydra75:
    Quote MsSuperSuds:

Shalaydra, I just read a play by play recap of today's CDN show. Believe it or not, the writers are going to finally allow Lily to speak up for herself. The girl finally has attitude and a voice to speak her mind! Will wonders ever cease? I hope this is a beginning for things on this show to improve for Christel. Five years of having no voice and having to take sh$t off everybody in your orbit except your husband could not possibly be fun for her to play Lily that way. Wonder what other bombshells regarding Lily the writers are going to drop on viewers during May sweeps? I guess they will do a lot of changes to get viewers watching and spike the ratings again, won't they? Seems as if LANERS are loving this new Lily. Let's hope she lasts past May sweeps! Will check in again later.

Thanks!!! See, this is why I have so much luv and respect core Lane fans. You guys are full information. After the last dinner scene, I thought I was completely finished with Y & R. I will make sure I watch tomorrow. I do worry that if they get ratings up, they will go after Lane again. It seems as breaking up is a job requirement for writers.

Like I stated before, I will not watch this or any Y&R episode on my TV. If I have to wait weeks for one of the video makers to put it on YT, so be it. I don't trust these showrunners enough to give them an nth of a ratings point for finally giving Lily a backbone and the chance to open her mouth to defend herself. Its been almost a year and this writing team has made Lily look so naive, silly and stupid that one would assume she didn't have one brain in her head and that she just fell off the turnip truck. So this sudden about-face is not enough for me to give them my viewership--not yet anyway.

Can you imagine that Christel has been on this show for ten long years; yet they bring in Chloe, Chelsea, & Avery and attempt to make them romantic leading ladies while isolating Lily or putting her on the sidelines and the backburner? Nah! I am not yet buying what they are selling! They have got to do better by Christel and her alter-ego, Lily, than just one episode of feistiness.

Suds,

Christel may have said that she wanted to show another side to Lily's character, I'm sure she didn't want to be this cheating person that is being shown now which some seem to think is great for her (Lily's) character. Why couldn't Lily be a force to be reckoned with in business. TPTB had to do something with this dud that they hired so Lily was the logical choice plus with CK not being on contract, why not destroy her the way that Sharon and Lauren has been destroyed.

Sharon is being portrayed as this desperate, booty call sex object female that can't stay away from the man that stole her child at birth who told her that this same child was so badly deformed that she wouldn't want to see it, who is using her in his sick twisted games until he finds out that he has a child of his own then he will throw her out like last year's trash.

Lauren is out chasing the local bartender because she blames her husband for trying to keep their son from bullying another person. From what I read, Lauren even told Micheal that she's cheating because of him while claiming to want to fight for her marriage and family.

Now, we have Lily going after this dud and for what reason? He doesn't respect her as a woman of any intelligence, only as a woman that he wants to have sex with, then what? How in the world could he possibly be a father figure to her children, children that she fought so hard to have in the first place, when he is still a child himself and a selfish one at that plus there is still something that he and she sister are not telling anyone.

My hope is that the writers fix this mess, which is worst than ever, before this soap is cancelled. Remember that 2014 is not that far away anymore because we are almost into June and before you know it we will be ringing in 2014.

Supporting CK alias Lily Ashby. My prayer for you, CK is that someone will recognize your talent as an actress, give you the opportunity to showcase that talent so that others can see what your fans already know, that you have acting chops and all of this will be a distant memory. You have been acting since you were a little girl. I saw you on Matilda and Family Matters with Bryton (Devon). If given the chance, I know in my heart of hearts that you will knock their socks off.

Breaking my own rules here for a bit....

TPTB are hiding (or think that they are) their true intentions for the degradation of Lily and the ultimate destruction of CK from the show by hiding behind her words. It does not matter what she said or may have said. What tptb do has nothing to do with that whatsoever but I know for a fact that the majority of the audience know where the truth lies.

And they know all the reasons why she has encountered so much hate, always held back for the benefit of others except herself.

Always so much hate for her because she made the pairing with DanielG shine brighter than any other couple. If only the pigmentation of her skin was more acceptable?

This is a reflection on tptb. Catering to minute segment of the audience who are mate mongers in order to fulfill their own bigotry.

Now that Lily's husband is moving on up no doubt he will have a brand new family with matching colours. Possibly one of the female characters tptb have been wanting to prop as "leading ladies" instead of Lily.

The TL I know would always cherish her husband as in Cane and their beautiful children Charlie and Mattie. Their miracle children.

She has been victimised time again to her own detriment of course and this latest abomination will be the worst and the last of them all.

On a positive note CK will land on her feet. They may be successful in getting rid of her like they always wanted but she will be alright somewhere else. And perhaps be the better for it, no, actually she will be the better for it.

TPTB beginning with Mab and Co have purposely held her back probably to try and push her out. When that didn't work they decided to employ dastardly and desperate measures to fulfill their goal.

Modified 1 times(s), last time at: 2013/05/14 08:27PM
    #10664   2013/05/14 08:53PM
    MsSuperSuds

Quote shalaydra75:
    Quote MsSuperSuds: Good evening, shorty! I find the wariting to be just plain stupid. Isn't it odd that a young vibrant woman whose husband has just been promoted as CEO of a major corporation would throw all of that and her family away for this loser? I can't picture this at all. The woman must have a head full of rocks to do something so stupid. Let's hope this is not Lily! The writers are not going to be so kind as to redeem her as they are the other women of GC.

Suds, I have always said that TPTB will not allow Cane to have power and be with Lily PERIOD. Look how quickly and stupidly they were ripped Lane asunder when Cane became the CEO of Jabot. I will repeat that IMO the Tily s/l has nothing to do with Lily or Tyler, but rather, it is about freeing Cane so that he may find a “suitable partner.” (TPTB might put him with Chloe again; I read in a post that Chlovin might end soon.)

My only response is that DG & EH have never had any romantic chemistry; but MAB stuck them together once before. It was a loveless marriage then and I can't see any changes now either. Oh well, It did not work then, so why not try it again. The audience is not stupid! That one little brown-skin female could scare this many people into perpetuating such madness and insanity leaves me reeling w/o comprehension. But we shall see which way this stupidity goes. Keep in mind that at least 36% of the audience is AA. VR says it is 50%! Whichever is the case, I see a huge portion of that AA audience saying this show does not like people who look like me to be a real force on this show & decide to walk away. LANERS are already walking away from this madness. The audience is not stupid! Anyway, I am waiting to see exactly where these hacks are going with Miss Lily and this madness w/ this boy. Lily comes off as more of a mother-hen to him than a potential romantic interest or a lover. TPTB are pushing this nonsense too hard for it to work or to make sense. Y&R is going to be the ultimate loser.

I also need to point out that LANE's popularity cause a lot of jealousy & resentment coming from cast members who get much more air time and story than they do. Some few vocal ones just cannot understand why all of these fans stuck by LANE, supported them, promoted them, fought for them and protected them when needed. I am sure both get a lot of flack for being this ultra popular couple who attracts viewers in spite of all the opposition.

Modified 1 times(s), last time at: 2013/05/14 09:00PM
    #10665   2013/05/14 09:09PM
    Lanealways

Quote MsSuperSuds:
    Quote shalaydra75:

My only response is that DG & EH have never had any romantic chemistry; but MAB stuck them together once before. It was a loveless marriage then and I can't see any changes now either. Oh well, It did not work then, so why not try it again. The audience is not stupid! That one little brown-skin female could scare this many people into perpetuating such madness and insanity leaves me reeling w/o comprehension. But we shall see which way this stupidity goes. Keep in mind that at least 36% of the audience is AA. VR says it is 50%! Whichever is the case, I see a huge portion of that AA audience saying this show does not like people who look like me to be a real force on this show & decide to walk away. LANERS are already walking away from this madness. The audience is not stupid! Anyway, I am waiting to see exactly where these hacks are going with Miss Lily and this madness w/ this boy. Lily comes off as more of a mother-hen to him than a potential romantic interest or a lover. TPTB are pushing this nonsense too hard for it to work or to make sense. Y&R is going to be the ultimate loser.

I also need to point out that LANE's popularity cause a lot of jealousy & resentment coming from cast members who get much more air time and story than they do. Some few vocal ones just cannot understand why all of these fans stuck by LANE, supported them, promoted them, fought for them and protected them when needed. I am sure both get a lot of flack for being this ultra popular couple who attracts viewers in spite of all the opposition.

Can I please co-sign this

Suds..... SMH.

#10666   2013/05/15 04:31AM
    Rfan

Love and support for Mrs Lily Ashby the beautiful wife of Mr Cane Ashby mother of Charlie and Mattie Ashby.

#10667   2013/05/15 10:08AM
    MsSuperSuds

Always look at what you have left. Never look at what you have lost. — Robert H. Schuller

Good afternoon, Miss Lily! You have a lot of mileage left on this marriage and I am certain that you are not about to throw any part of it away for some loose cannon who needs to grow up like yesterday. The story keeps on changing to the point that it is getting a bit ambiguous to the point that it is difficult to tell which direction you have now been written to take. Ambiguity is more realistic at this point than the previous direction. I am looking forward to seeing more growth & development for Lily as a leading character.

CK, you are doing an outstanding job of portraying Lily lately. Glad that the writers allowed you to open your mouth to defend yourself but the gist of the argument was pointless. Seems as if this bit of steam was released more for the benefit of your opponent than for Lily. That character needs a reason to exist on the show; but you do not. I notice she shows up in your orbit ONLY when she needs a reason to exist (Help me! Help me, she cried!); but that is not your worry. Your existence is very much needed for so many reasons & should be cemented by now. Anyway, I am glad to see the old feisty Lily show up once again. Luv you much, honeybabe; and I will holler at you again soon. Enjoy the day.

Modified 1 times(s), last time at: 2013/05/15 10:12AM
    #10668   2013/05/15 04:07PM
    shorty725

Quote MsSuperSuds:
    Always look at what you have left. Never look at what you have lost. — Robert H. Schuller

Good afternoon, Miss Lily! You have a lot of mileage left on this marriage and I am certain that you are not about to throw any part of it away for some loose cannon who needs to grow up like yesterday. The story keeps on changing to the point that it is getting a bit ambiguous to the point that it is difficult to tell which direction you have now been written to take. Ambiguity is more realistic at this point than the previous direction. I am looking forward to seeing more growth & development for Lily as a leading character.

CK, you are doing an outstanding job of portraying Lily lately. Glad that the writers allowed you to open your mouth to defend yourself but the gist of the argument was pointless. Seems as if this bit of steam was released more for the benefit of your opponent than for Lily. That character needs a reason to exist on the show; but you do not. I notice she shows up in your orbit ONLY when she needs a reason to exist (Help me! Help me, she cried!); but that is not your worry. Your existence is very much needed for so many reasons & should be cemented by now. Anyway, I am glad to see the old feisty Lily show up once again. Luv you much, honeybabe; and I will holler at you again soon. Enjoy the day.

I'm going to co-sign to this post.

#10669   2013/05/15 05:01PM
    MsSuperSuds

Just dropped by to say good night, Miss lily! Hope you enjoyed your day. Will drop in tomorrow to check on you again. In the meantime, watch out for those drowning characters who are always grabbing onto you for dear life when they are flailing & floundering to stay afloat. When they are having good times & you are not, I will bet my keyboard that you cannot find them b/c they avoid you like you had the bubonic plague. Forget about them like they forgot about you! Otherwise, don't worry! Be happy and enjoy your hubby! Luv ya! Have a great night!

Modified 1 times(s), last time at: 2013/05/15 05:05PM
    #10670   2013/05/15 07:19PM
    shalaydra75

Quote Lanealways:
    Quote shalaydra75:
    Quote shorty725:
    Quote MsSuperSuds:
    Quote shalaydra75:
    Quote MsSuperSuds:

Suds,

Breaking my own rules here for a bit....

TPTB are hiding (or think that they are) their true intentions for the degradation of Lily and the ultimate destruction of CK from the show by hiding behind her words. It does not matter what she said or may have said. What tptb do has nothing to do with that whatsoever but I know for a fact that the majority of the audience know where the truth lies.

And they know all the reasons why she has encountered so much hate, always held back for the benefit of others except herself.

Always so much hate for her because she made the pairing with DanielG shine brighter than any other couple. If only the pigmentation of her skin was more acceptable?

This is a reflection on tptb. Catering to minute segment of the audience who are mate mongers in order to fulfill their own bigotry.

Now that Lily's husband is moving on up no doubt he will have a brand new family with matching colours. Possibly one of the female characters tptb have been wanting to prop as "leading ladies" instead of Lily.

The TL I know would always cherish her husband as in Cane and their beautiful children Charlie and Mattie. Their miracle children.

She has been victimised time again to her own detriment of course and this latest abomination will be the worst and the last of them all.

On a positive note CK will land on her feet. They may be successful in getting rid of her like they always wanted but she will be alright somewhere else. And perhaps be the better for it, no, actually she will be the better for it.

TPTB beginning with Mab and Co have purposely held her back probably to try and push her out. When that didn't work they decided to employ dastardly and desperate measures to fulfill their goal.

Lanesalways, I am happy to hear from you again. ITA with your post, especially the information in bold.

« 1062 1063 1064 1065 1066 1067 1068 1069 1070 1071 1072 » »| page:

Please register and login to be able to post in this message board.

« Go back to topic list