List of Shows

recommended for you

Tell your friends

TELL YOUR FRIENDS

The Young and the Restless - MESSAGE BOARDS

Soaps Boards :: The Young and the Restless Forum :: Lily (No Bash)

Please register and login to be able to post in this message board.

Lily (No Bash)

Started by Candace at 2008/12/23 04:29AM
    Latest post: 2014/11/25 05:16PM, Views: 1822339, Replies: 12286
    « 1059 1060 1061 1062 1063 1064 1065 1066 1067 1068 1069 » »| page:
    #10631   2013/05/12 07:11AM
    Re: New! Non-Bash Thread for Lily!
    Chicken Alfredo

And whatever course that may be, hopefully Christel stays happy with the work she's receiving. Good day, everyone

#10632   2013/05/12 09:25AM
    MsSuperSuds

Happy Mother's Day, Christel!

Happy Mother's Day to you also, Miss Lily! I hope you get special treatment today and everyday! May you have a long and happy life w/ your hubby and children!

#10633   2013/05/12 04:46PM
    MsSuperSuds

Your decision to be, have and do something out of ordinary entails facing difficulties that are out of the ordinary as well. Sometimes your greatest asset is simply your ability to stay with it longer than anyone else. — Brian Tracy

Hang in there, Miss Lily! You must simply overcome this madness. You need hubby time and you need family time w/ your children minus your shadow. Hope you enjoyed your day today being pampered by your beautiful family. Luv you much and I will holler at you again soon.

#10634   2013/05/12 07:33PM
    Lanealways

Happy Mothers Day Christel, I hope its been a joyous day for you and your beautiful son, xo

and Happy Mother's day to your lovely and beautiful mama as well. She raised an awesome lady

#10635   2013/05/12 09:13PM
    Lanealways

Christel Khalil ‏@ChristelAdnana
    Happy Mother's Day!!! Love my mommy who is my savior and my everything. Lovely dinner … instagram.com/p/ZPJwVRgYo_/

#10636   2013/05/13 04:25AM
    Rfan

Love ad support for the beautiful Lily Ashby the loving wife of Mr Cane Ashby mother of Mattie and Charlie Ashby. The beautiful Ashby family.

#10637   2013/05/13 07:59AM
    shalaydra75

Quote MsSuperSuds:
    Quote luvroflife: I put nothing past TPTB and their motives.

What should matter is what this character has represented to young women/mothers. The dull roar for her to be shown as a brainless, trashy woman who places a man above her kids is writing at its worst. And WE women should protest!!

Will always see CK as a mature young woman who fought the odds for her family. Writers can try to show differently but it will only appeal to a few who enjoy representations of women, especially AA women, shown as less.

Great post! Society has assumptions about human behavior backwards. It is so much easier to be a horrible, trashy, mean-spirited tramp than a kind-hearted thoughtful person. Self-conrol and consideration for other people are the keys to positive and acceptable behavior. Because actors and actresses have more fun portraying the destructive, mean-spirited, thoughtless characters does not mean that society must adore & revere that kind of behavior. That is why we, especially our youth, are in so much trouble nowadays. "Its just a soap" doesn't cut it anymore. Art imitates life and Life imitates art! Which comes first is anybody's guess.

I do not think that writers understand that it’s just a soap. Viewers are not required to watch.

Modified 1 times(s), last time at: 2013/05/13 08:05AM
    #10638   2013/05/13 08:01AM
    shalaydra75

Quote shorty725:
    Quote MsSuperSuds:

What should matter is what this character has represented to young women/mothers. The dull roar for her to be shown as a brainless, trashy woman who places a man above her kids is writing at its worst. And WE women should protest!!

Will always see CK as a mature young woman who fought the odds for her family. Writers can try to show differently but it will only appeal to a few who enjoy representations of women, especially AA women, shown as less.

Great post! Society has assumptions about human behavior backwards. It is so much easier to be a horrible, trashy, mean-spirited tramp than a kind-hearted thoughtful person. Self-conrol and consideration for other people are the keys to positive and acceptable behavior. Because actors and actresses have more fun portraying the destructive, mean-spirited, thoughtless characters does not mean that society must adore & revere that kind of behavior. That is why we, especially our youth, are in so much trouble nowadays. "Its just a soap" doesn't cut it anymore. Art imitates life and Life imitates art! Which comes first is anybody's guess.

Great post Suds. I work in the school system therefore I see life imitating art all of the time with the way that the kids dress trying to impersonate the people that they see on television. I shake my head at some of the things that I see. If watching a woman being degraded and treated like a sexual object without brains is what tptb want young girls to see then they are doing a good job however I refuse to watch.

Lily has always been a person of quiet strength with class, maturity, style and grace not the person that is being shown on television now who acting like a jealous, empty-headed whimical nothing because of some jerk that doesn't respect her as an intelligent woman or her marriage. That I will not be a party to.

ITA with your post!!! You have to remember that the posters who are pushing Tily support the degradation of women and do not care about the demise of this soap. There are 2 types of viewers who are pushing for Tily. Those who do not like Lily/Lane and those who want to liberate Cane so that he can take on a prominent role on Y & R. I think a few Tyler fans think that Lily will catapult him to the limelight. These fans do not realize that this s/l is about nothing but marginalizing CK who is not on contract and transforming Cane to a leading man which he cannot be as long as he with Lily.

#10639   2013/05/13 08:03AM
    shalaydra75

Quote MsSuperSuds: The Lily/Tyler hookup is taking such a long time b/c the majority of the viewers do not want it to happen or to see it on screen. Lily is not like Lauren or Sharon. She has a happy marrige, two children, a career and a home w/ a good husband. The plot points sequestering Lily w/ no one else but this newby are not working and little or no romantic chemistry exists between the two. Lily gets more time w/ Tyler than she does her on-screen hubby which is suspect right there. Doesn't matter what CK said two or three years ago, she will regret the day Lily becomes a "bad girl." I love Lily and want to see her prosper and not go backwards. She has had enough hardships in her life already. And she does not need all the baggage Tyler is bringing w/ him into her life. Writers can write whatever to push them together and directors can make it happen on screen but it will not be successful w/ the viewers at large.

You are correct about viewers are unhappy. This week’s ratings were lower than last year’s which were very low at this time. As a GL fan, I watched writers change the core of characters, degrade veteran characters to prop newer ones and characters skate after committing serious crimes. When ratings start falling writers pretended that working women and cable TV were the problems. They never consider the BS that they were shoveling might be the problem.

#10640   2013/05/13 08:15AM
    Chicken Alfredo

Quote shalaydra75:
    Quote shorty725:
    Quote MsSuperSuds:

Great post Suds. I work in the school system therefore I see life imitating art all of the time with the way that the kids dress trying to impersonate the people that they see on television. I shake my head at some of the things that I see. If watching a woman being degraded and treated like a sexual object without brains is what tptb want young girls to see then they are doing a good job however I refuse to watch.

Lily has always been a person of quiet strength with class, maturity, style and grace not the person that is being shown on television now who acting like a jealous, empty-headed whimical nothing because of some jerk that doesn't respect her as an intelligent woman or her marriage. That I will not be a party to.

ITA with your post!!! You have to remember that the posters who are pushing Tily support the degradation of women and do not care about the demise of this soap. There are 2 types of viewers who are pushing for Tily. Those who do not like Lily/Lane and those who want to liberate Cane so that he can take on a prominent role on Y & R. I think a few Tyler fans think that Lily will catapult him to the limelight. These fans do not realize that this s/l is about nothing but marginalizing CK who is not on contract and transforming Cane to a leading man which he cannot be as long as he with Lily.

There it is again. The generalization. Haven't you ever stopped to think that maybe, just maybe people love them, and thats it? Everything doesn't have an "agenda" or "underlying message". It is what it is. You talk about Tily as something unhealthy, when others on the outside can point out a few unhealthy things about Lane as well. Just saying.

« 1059 1060 1061 1062 1063 1064 1065 1066 1067 1068 1069 » »| page:

Please register and login to be able to post in this message board.

« Go back to topic list