List of Shows

recommended for you

Tell your friends

TELL YOUR FRIENDS

The Young and the Restless - MESSAGE BOARDS

Soaps Boards :: The Young and the Restless Forum :: Lily (No Bash)

Please register and login to be able to post in this message board.

Lily (No Bash)

Started by Candace at 2008/12/23 04:29AM
    Latest post: 2014/11/25 05:16PM, Views: 1822363, Replies: 12286
    « 1058 1059 1060 1061 1062 1063 1064 1065 1066 1067 1068 » »| page:
    #10621   2013/05/10 04:58PM
    Re: New! Non-Bash Thread for Lily!
    Sunnyflower

Quote Chicken Alfredo:
    Quote Sunnyflower: I hope to see Lily Winters unite with her clear soulmate, Tyler, very soon, and be released from those who are controlling her and keeping her from being free. <3

Agreed Christel has displayed great acting these past couple of months, so I'm excited to see where this story line is headed.

Me too! She has been so fantastic and I love seeing her shining like this.

#10622   2013/05/10 07:23PM
    shorty725

Quote MsSuperSuds:
    Quote luvroflife: I put nothing past TPTB and their motives.

What should matter is what this character has represented to young women/mothers. The dull roar for her to be shown as a brainless, trashy woman who places a man above her kids is writing at its worst. And WE women should protest!!

Will always see CK as a mature young woman who fought the odds for her family. Writers can try to show differently but it will only appeal to a few who enjoy representations of women, especially AA women, shown as less.

Great post! Society has assumptions about human behavior backwards. It is so much easier to be a horrible, trashy, mean-spirited tramp than a kind-hearted thoughtful person. Self-conrol and consideration for other people are the keys to positive and acceptable behavior. Because actors and actresses have more fun portraying the destructive, mean-spirited, thoughtless characters does not mean that society must adore & revere that kind of behavior. That is why we, especially our youth, are in so much trouble nowadays. "Its just a soap" doesn't cut it anymore. Art imitates life and Life imitates art! Which comes first is anybody's guess.

Great post Suds. I work in the school system therefore I see life imitating art all of the time with the way that the kids dress trying to impersonate the people that they see on television. I shake my head at some of the things that I see. If watching a woman being degraded and treated like a sexual object without brains is what tptb want young girls to see then they are doing a good job however I refuse to watch.

Lily has always been a person of quiet strength with class, maturity, style and grace not the person that is being shown on television now who acting like a jealous, empty-headed whimical nothing because of some jerk that doesn't respect her as an intelligent woman or her marriage. That I will not be a party to.

#10623   2013/05/11 07:42AM
    MsSuperSuds

Good morning, Miss Lily! Seems as if everyone is praising your acting skills these days. The way I see it, you have less dialogue than anyone else on the show and the only person to whom you still converse is your husband. Your constant screen companion seems to have all the dialogue and interactions w/ other people while you, my dear, are still more isolated than ever. Viewers are seeing things that are not there. I do wish you had a buddy like Colleen again. I do wish you had more interactions among others on screen. I do wish you had more dialogues. I do wish you could speak in self-defense. You need more snap backacha, crackly and pop than the writers are giving you. Seems as if you are always the object of whom folks impose their will and you accept it too willingly and too graciously. Snap out of it!! You are more than this! If you can snap back at Cane, you can snap back at others, too. The writing simply has to get better for you. What is happening to you is simply maddening or anger-inducing. I hope all things turn out well for you. Will holler at you again soon. Have a great Saturday!

Modified 1 times(s), last time at: 2013/05/11 07:46AM
    #10624   2013/05/11 07:58AM
    Sunnyflower

Hi Lily! I love seeing you with Tyler and getting to be young and fun. Love you in a career too. Look forward to you being free and living the good life you never got before.

#10625   2013/05/11 09:15AM
    shorty725

Quote MsSuperSuds: Good morning, Miss Lily! Seems as if everyone is praising your acting skills these days. The way I see it, you have less dialogue than anyone else on the show and the only person to whom you still converse is your husband. Your constant screen companion seems to have all the dialogue and interactions w/ other people while you, my dear, are still more isolated than ever. Viewers are seeing things that are not there. I do wish you had a buddy like Colleen again. I do wish you had more interactions among others on screen. I do wish you had more dialogues. I do wish you could speak in self-defense. You need more snap backacha, crackly and pop than the writers are giving you. Seems as if you are always the object of whom folks impose their will and you accept it too willingly and too graciously. Snap out of it!! You are more than this! If you can snap back at Cane, you can snap back at others, too. The writing simply has to get better for you. What is happening to you is simply maddening or anger-inducing. I hope all things turn out well for you. Will holler at you again soon. Have a great Saturday!

Good morning Suds,

Great post. It seems as though some are saying that Lily never enjoyed being young and fun before marrying Cane. They seem to forget that Lily had fun as a teen. She chose to run off with Daniel to Las Vegas to get married while they were still teenagers. She and Daniel had fun as teens and a married couple until Amber came along.

As far as CK's acting skills now, wasn't she acting when she was written to have stage 4 ovarian cancer which she won an Emmy for but now that she isn't saying much and playing a married jealous empty-headed woman about a man other than her husband, she is young, having fun and enjoying life but she was and is enjoying life with her husband and children before she had to prop the dud. She was a model before she got married (discovered that she had cancer),so she had a career plus she was in college so for some to say that she now has a career because she has to be around this dud all of the time giving him a s/l while he's saying that she is the only woman for him and not respecting her first as a woman plus a married woman at that is a pile of crap. The writers have the same s/l going for both Lily and Lauren which portrays them as cheaters. Sharon's reputation has already been shot to hell so why not destroy Lauren and Lily's as well just to make plot points. Bulls*it!

Happy Mother's Day to all that this applies to. Have great day. Will check in later.

Modified 2 times(s), last time at: 2013/05/11 09:22AM
    #10626   2013/05/11 02:02PM
    Chicken Alfredo

Quote Sunnyflower:
    Quote Chicken Alfredo:
    Quote Sunnyflower: I hope to see Lily Winters unite with her clear soulmate, Tyler, very soon, and be released from those who are controlling her and keeping her from being free. <3

Agreed Christel has displayed great acting these past couple of months, so I'm excited to see where this story line is headed.

I think it's because she's playing the role she wants. Christel said herself she was bored of the character she was playing and wanted to be the "bad girl". She was even in talks of leaving. If she likes it, I love it...

#10627   2013/05/11 04:46PM
    MsSuperSuds

The Lily/Tyler hookup is taking such a long time b/c the majority of the viewers do not want it to happen or to see it on screen. Lily is not like Lauren or Sharon. She has a happy marrige, two children, a career and a home w/ a good husband. The plot points sequestering Lily w/ no one else but this newby are not working and little or no romantic chemistry exists between the two. Lily gets more time w/ Tyler than she does her on-screen hubby which is suspect right there. Doesn't matter what CK said two or three years ago, she will regret the day Lily becomes a "bad girl." I love Lily and want to see her prosper and not go backwards. She has had enough hardships in her life already. And she does not need all the baggage Tyler is bringing w/ him into her life. Writers can write whatever to push them together and directors can make it happen on screen but it will not be successful w/ the viewers at large.

#10628   2013/05/11 07:51PM
    shorty725

Quote MsSuperSuds: The Lily/Tyler hookup is taking such a long time b/c the majority of the viewers do not want it to happen or to see it on screen. Lily is not like Lauren or Sharon. She has a happy marrige, two children, a career and a home w/ a good husband. The plot points sequestering Lily w/ no one else but this newby are not working and little or no romantic chemistry exists between the two. Lily gets more time w/ Tyler than she does her on-screen hubby which is suspect right there. Doesn't matter what CK said two or three years ago, she will regret the day Lily becomes a "bad girl." I love Lily and want to see her prosper and not go backwards. She has had enough hardships in her life already. And she does not need all the baggage Tyler is bringing w/ him into her life. Writers can write whatever to push them together and directors can make it happen on screen but it will not be successful w/ the viewers at large.

I couldn't agree with you more.

#10629   2013/05/11 11:03PM
    Sunnyflower

Quote Chicken Alfredo:
    Quote Sunnyflower:
    Quote Chicken Alfredo:

I think it's because she's playing the role she wants. Christel said herself she was bored of the character she was playing and wanted to be the "bad girl". She was even in talks of leaving. If she likes it, I love it...

I so feel the same!

#10630   2013/05/12 07:09AM
    Chicken Alfredo

Quote MsSuperSuds: The Lily/Tyler hookup is taking such a long time b/c the majority of the viewers do not want it to happen or to see it on screen. Lily is not like Lauren or Sharon. She has a happy marrige, two children, a career and a home w/ a good husband. The plot points sequestering Lily w/ no one else but this newby are not working and little or no romantic chemistry exists between the two. Lily gets more time w/ Tyler than she does her on-screen hubby which is suspect right there. Doesn't matter what CK said two or three years ago, she will regret the day Lily becomes a "bad girl." I love Lily and want to see her prosper and not go backwards. She has had enough hardships in her life already. And she does not need all the baggage Tyler is bringing w/ him into her life. Writers can write whatever to push them together and directors can make it happen on screen but it will not be successful w/ the viewers at large.

The Lily/Tyler hookup is taking such a long time b/c the majority of the viewers do not want it to happen or to see it on screen.

Why do you feel this way? Is it because of a few tweets you see on Twitter? The comments you see on some message boards? Maybe it's the short letters you read at the back of CBS soaps? Either way, to say the s/l is going slow because the majority of the viewers don't want to see Tily is a stretch. Not to mention a HEAVY generalization. The internet doesn't dictate the opinions of the millions of viewers that watch Y&R every day. In the end, all we can do is see what course the writers plan on taking.

« 1058 1059 1060 1061 1062 1063 1064 1065 1066 1067 1068 » »| page:

Please register and login to be able to post in this message board.

« Go back to topic list