List of Shows

recommended for you

Tell your friends

TELL YOUR FRIENDS

The Young and the Restless - MESSAGE BOARDS

Soaps Boards :: The Young and the Restless Forum :: Please don't give up on Y&R yet!!!!

Please register and login to be able to post in this message board.

Please don't give up on Y&R yet!!!!

Started by Sheri0082 at 2007/01/02 11:08AM
    Latest post: 2007/01/12 03:48AM, Views: 3805, Replies: 90
    « 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 » »| page:
    #61   2007/01/06 09:54AM
    Re: Please don't give up on Y&R yet!!!!
    lestress

Quote heart and soul: I am still saying the quality of writership is not the quality the Bell Family had. Mr. Bell always stood high for a quality show and now it has been cheapen by writers who are writing like for a smut show.
    Writers! WHERE IS THE QUALITY?

Writing has declined in all areas of entertainment. Peter Graves of the old "Mission Impossible" TV series was on some show last night and he was asked to compare the TV show with the movies. His answer was that the TV show was all in the head - the plotting and planning and scheming of the "Impossible Mission" forces - but not so with the movies. I couldn't agree more. While I like Tom Cruise and the MI movies, they are not nearly as interesting as the old TV series. They had to rely on GOOD writing and GOOD plots and GOOD characters. Wish Y&R could try doing that.

#62   2007/01/06 12:38PM
    Tara

Quote lestress:
    Quote gommie: Interesting thread!! I just came to wish you all a Happy New Year and let you know I will not be posting anymore--I am so sick of this show and it seems all I do is complain about it---NO MORE!! life is too short- We miraculously surivived a head on collision with two other cars last week suffering no more than bruises-- we are so fortunate-my nephew, a Lt. Col. in the Marines, is being charged with failure to accurately report and thoroughly investigate a possible 'wartime'violation which took place under his command in Haditha, and is being charged with dereliction of duty. He could face dismissal and up to two years in prison for doing the job he was trained for and sent to Iraq to do-and here I sit wasting my time watching this garbage then complaining about it- I have the power and control to change this and I am, as of today--grrrrrrrrrrrr.
    Anyway, it has been a pleasant experince posting with you all and I wish you all good health and safe passage wherever your roads take you in 2007

Bringing this forward for Tara (or anyone else) to read.

Once again...THANKS Lestress for caring enough to bring this all to my attention. I have read the entire thread now for the first time. I am so shocked by all that I had missed. We have soooo many wonderful people and great new friends because of this board. I am so lucky to have stumbled onto this site months ago.
    Gommie - I am deeply saddened by all that you have had to go through. I will pray for your nephew and his family. Lestress has pretty much summed up my thoughts about the state of affairs in this country! Remember that you have a network of friends here and we do care. I will be keeping an eye on this thread and the chit chat thread to keep updated on your situation. I'll admit that I had never gone to the chit chat thread before because I didn't always have the time to check it out. I'll be watching for a new picture of those little darling granddaughters of yours. Take care and focus on family.

#63   2007/01/06 01:12PM
    gommie

Quote Tara:
    Quote lestress:
    Quote gommie: Interesting thread!! I just came to wish you all a Happy New Year and let you know I will not be posting anymore--I am so sick of this show and it seems all I do is complain about it---NO MORE!! life is too short- We miraculously surivived a head on collision with two other cars last week suffering no more than bruises-- we are so fortunate-my nephew, a Lt. Col. in the Marines, is being charged with failure to accurately report and thoroughly investigate a possible 'wartime'violation which took place under his command in Haditha, and is being charged with dereliction of duty. He could face dismissal and up to two years in prison for doing the job he was trained for and sent to Iraq to do-and here I sit wasting my time watching this garbage then complaining about it- I have the power and control to change this and I am, as of today--grrrrrrrrrrrr.
    Anyway, it has been a pleasant experince posting with you all and I wish you all good health and safe passage wherever your roads take you in 2007

Bringing this forward for Tara (or anyone else) to read.

Once again...THANKS Lestress for caring enough to bring this all to my attention. I have read the entire thread now for the first time. I am so shocked by all that I had missed. We have soooo many wonderful people and great new friends because of this board. I am so lucky to have stumbled onto this site months ago.
    Gommie - I am deeply saddened by all that you have had to go through. I will pray for your nephew and his family. Lestress has pretty much summed up my thoughts about the state of affairs in this country! Remember that you have a network of friends here and we do care. I will be keeping an eye on this thread and the chit chat thread to keep updated on your situation. I'll admit that I had never gone to the chit chat thread before because I didn't always have the time to check it out. I'll be watching for a new picture of those little darling granddaughters of yours. Take care and focus on family.

Thanks Tawaaaa,I appreciate your kind words....I will try to get up a new avitar of the babies, they are both thumb suckers..so cute the way they jam those thumbs in their mouths and hang on for dear life- We are definitley going to fight for justice for our Marines who are being railroaded over the Haditha incident-don't know exactly how to go about it, but some wheels have been set in motion, so that is a positive move I think..

#64   2007/01/07 11:42AM
    Tara

Gommie - I hear ya! Keep your friends here updated and let us know if there is anything we can do to help...even if it is just getting a on-line petition circulated. Enjoy those little precious darlings!

#65   2007/01/07 11:53AM
    lestress

I like your helmet, gommie!! Keep us informed about the Marines. There was a small article in the newspaper here this AM.

#66   2007/01/09 03:10PM
    sunshine2

Hi everyone, I haven't watched y&r for sometime now. Don't know what's going on,I just missed all of you. I LOVE reading your posts. I am going to start back watching,hoping for better things to come. Read you tomorrow.

#67   2007/01/09 03:20PM
    sunshine2

Gommie,I haven't been around for a while,so i didn't know. there's not much i can add that the others didn't say except that you have my heart and love from your fellow poster Sunshine. We are all your sisters and brothers in understanding. LET US ALWAYS KNOW HOW YOU AND YOUR FAMILY ARE DOING. LOVE.

#68   2007/01/09 03:22PM
    nyaccent

Glad you are back.....Read the board and the Daily updates....they will help u catch up.

#69   2007/01/09 07:31PM
    gommie

Quote sunshine2: Gommie,I haven't been around for a while,so i didn't know. there's not much i can add that the others didn't say except that you have my heart and love from your fellow poster Sunshine. We are all your sisters and brothers in understanding. LET US ALWAYS KNOW HOW YOU AND YOUR FAMILY ARE DOING. LOVE.

Sunshine-glad to see you back and thank you SO much!!Looking forward to seeing you tomorrow (-:

#70   2007/01/10 01:10AM
    adele

Quote Sheri0082: I have read quit a few comments that express the dissapointment in the new writers. Some of those who are very dissapointed are concidering giving up on the show. I do agree, some storylines are just so tired, some are heading in the wrong direction, and I can think of one off the top of my head that shouldn't even have been put back into play, but please don't give up.

I think maybe the new writers are expirementing to see what may or may not boost ratings. I'm sure they will eventually realize how a lot of veiwers feel and get back to basics.

But if all the veiwers that have been so devoted for so long(and there seems to be A LOT of us) just give up, the show definetly won't survive.

If we all just keep watching and keep expressing our opinions on the direction it's going, I think the show can be saved and we may get our good old Y&R back.
    but the writers have had plenty of time to do something about the storylines the last year ghas been terrible. Obvious the are not listening to viewers. so how long are we suppose to hang on?

« 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 » »| page:

Please register and login to be able to post in this message board.

« Go back to topic list