List of Shows

recommended for you

Tell your friends

TELL YOUR FRIENDS

The Young and the Restless - MESSAGE BOARDS

Soaps Boards :: The Young and the Restless Forum :: Please don't give up on Y&R yet!!!!

Please register and login to be able to post in this message board.

Please don't give up on Y&R yet!!!!

Started by Sheri0082 at 2007/01/02 11:08AM
    Latest post: 2007/01/12 03:48AM, Views: 3287, Replies: 90
    « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 » »| page:
    #41   2007/01/03 02:05PM
    Re: Please don't give up on Y&R yet!!!!
    jeweler

I also think they should re-unite sharon and nick. I don't know,try as I may,I just don't get it with Phyllis and Nick-yeah-they have the (sex) thing going on,but not the romantic sort that sharon and nick had that was soooo enjoyable to watch.There was MUCH more to sharon and nick than I see with Phyllis and Nick.On another note,I can't BELIEVE they are letting Ashley go! If this decision was from the past writers,why can't the new ones keep her in.What a waste of such extreme talent (and beauty)!And this half concocted story with Paul and pheila!!!!What dumb dumb thought that one up,Paul used to be a man of integrity,that's just about gone out the window.Today while watching the show,I thought Happy new year-everyone is either lying to everyone, or they are crazy,Something better give-SOON-or there just won't be any need to watch Y&R.I feel bad for the actors,who for so many years have given their best to entertain us and frankly right now I don't know how they continue to bring themselves to work each day.I have to wonder how happy they are?????

#42   2007/01/03 04:36PM
    lestress

Quote gommie: Exactly lestress!! I find it so interesting that since this story first broke last April and the Marines involved were relieved of their duties, that the busy Christmas Holiday was the time to announce the charges against these men..Is it possible do you suppose that the timing was well planned for when most of us are busy with Christmas plans and not fully aware of current events;
    allowing for little if any flack to fall on the powers that be? We were in Utah when the charges were announced -I heard only one mother speak out in defense of her son,Shallot I believe his name is- She shamed the Marine Corps for what they are doing to her son, but she is only one voice-and the only one I have heard in their defense-we left Utah and then had our accident on the way to Idaho- I was laid up that whole week-but there was nothing going on that week. I believe the announcement of the charges these men face was planned just that way-I have suggested to my sister-in-law that we get in touch with all the families of those Marines involved and start some kind of movement in their defense--I think if the families start it there will be plenty of Americans who will want their voices heard in defense of these men as well..I think probably today is the first day back for Rush at his post and the same with O'Reilly and Hannity-I agree with you that they would be sympathetic..I really feel that these Marines are being railroaded, and if we as Americans don't stand up in their defense then they really stand no chance--quite possibly they don't anyway-but how do we sit idly by as a nation and watch this take place after what these Marines have given up for us?

rush limbaugh: rush@eibnet.com
    Sean Hannity: hannity@foxnews.com
    O'reilly: oreilly@foxnews.com

Thanks for your concern, support and posts...I will try to keep you updated
    gommie

I am sure you are right about their making their announcement over the holidays. The same was said of the prosecutor in the Duke University LaCrosse team. They think he dropped the rape charge because it was the holidays and he thought there would be no interest. I am going to that site you told me about a while back to get your nephew's name and e mail Rush, O'Reilly and Hannity. I think this is a disgraceful way to treat the people serving in our armed forces.

#43   2007/01/03 05:57PM
    gommie

Quote lestress:
    Quote gommie: Exactly lestress!! I find it so interesting that since this story first broke last April and the Marines involved were relieved of their duties, that the busy Christmas Holiday was the time to announce the charges against these men..Is it possible do you suppose that the timing was well planned for when most of us are busy with Christmas plans and not fully aware of current events;
    allowing for little if any flack to fall on the powers that be? We were in Utah when the charges were announced -I heard only one mother speak out in defense of her son,Shallot I believe his name is- She shamed the Marine Corps for what they are doing to her son, but she is only one voice-and the only one I have heard in their defense-we left Utah and then had our accident on the way to Idaho- I was laid up that whole week-but there was nothing going on that week. I believe the announcement of the charges these men face was planned just that way-I have suggested to my sister-in-law that we get in touch with all the families of those Marines involved and start some kind of movement in their defense--I think if the families start it there will be plenty of Americans who will want their voices heard in defense of these men as well..I think probably today is the first day back for Rush at his post and the same with O'Reilly and Hannity-I agree with you that they would be sympathetic..I really feel that these Marines are being railroaded, and if we as Americans don't stand up in their defense then they really stand no chance--quite possibly they don't anyway-but how do we sit idly by as a nation and watch this take place after what these Marines have given up for us?

rush limbaugh: rush@eibnet.com
    Sean Hannity: hannity@foxnews.com
    O'reilly: oreilly@foxnews.com

Thanks for your concern, support and posts...I will try to keep you updated
    gommie

I am sure you are right about their making their announcement over the holidays. The same was said of the prosecutor in the Duke University LaCrosse team. They think he dropped the rape charge because it was the holidays and he thought there would be no interest. I am going to that site you told me about a while back to get your nephew's name and e mail Rush, O'Reilly and Hannity. I think this is a disgraceful way to treat the people serving in our armed forces.

Thanks lestress..I sent mine earlier in the day:
    here are a couple of sites I found today that give the latest information.............the other fmaily name is Sharratt--Pennsylvania family too...

http://search.earthlink.net/search?area=earthlink-ws&q=Haditha+-+dereliction+of+... />
    http://search.yahoo.com/search?ei=utf-8&fr=slv1-adbe&p=Theresa+Sharratt

Modified 1 times(s), last time at: 2007/01/03 06:25PM
    #44   2007/01/03 07:44PM
    nyaccent

Quote gommie: Dear kimyla, heart and soul, sheri,shopgirl and lestress-
    thank you all for your very kind posts-for myself I get better each day-for which I am extremely grateful- I am really upset about the way my nephew is being railroaded and hope that the mothers,wives,sisters, brothers,aunts,uncles of these men will stand up and fight for them-start some kind of movement in their defense-I have no doubt that the American people will join in- there is just so much talk among ourselves about the injustice that is taking place but that is not good enough to help our boys- we need to let the powers that be know we are behind our boys and they will not be railroaded. I can assure you of one thing..My nephew was not walking around Haditha with $30,000 cash in his pants to 'pay' the victims of this 'war crime' someone much higher up the chain of command was in possession of that kind of cash-so where is this leader and why is the buck stopping with my nephew?

thank you all again very much-good luck with the trials and tribulations of Y & R--I will check chit chat now again...gommie

Gommie, as a matter of fact there is a post title where is Gommie as I was missing you and wondered where you were...I wish you the best and hope to hear from you soon.

#45   2007/01/04 09:24PM
    lestress

Quote gommie: Interesting thread!! I just came to wish you all a Happy New Year and let you know I will not be posting anymore--I am so sick of this show and it seems all I do is complain about it---NO MORE!! life is too short- We miraculously surivived a head on collision with two other cars last week suffering no more than bruises-- we are so fortunate-my nephew, a Lt. Col. in the Marines, is being charged with failure to accurately report and thoroughly investigate a possible 'wartime'violation which took place under his command in Haditha, and is being charged with dereliction of duty. He could face dismissal and up to two years in prison for doing the job he was trained for and sent to Iraq to do-and here I sit wasting my time watching this garbage then complaining about it- I have the power and control to change this and I am, as of today--grrrrrrrrrrrr.
    Anyway, it has been a pleasant experince posting with you all and I wish you all good health and safe passage wherever your roads take you in 2007

Bringing this forward for Tara (or anyone else) to read.

#46   2007/01/04 09:35PM
    Tweedy

Been watching to many years I dont care how boring the show is I will always watch it

#47   2007/01/05 07:02PM
    nyaccent

Wow, Gommie when I posted my last comment to you, I didn't read the first post you had made about your car accident....Yes there was a guardian angel watching over you.....Glad you and your family are okay...

So sorry about what is happening with your nephew....

Sometimes something that may seem trivial like a soap opera and this board....gives you some fantasy time, time away from the grinds of life where you don't have to think about what is going on in the real world. That isn't a bad thing.......Sometimes you just need to get away...The board will always be here for you, when you feel you need to take a break from life.... Please post from time to time as I'd love to see those little grandkids as they grow up...Take care of yourself....

#48   2007/01/06 03:34AM
    Shys

Quote nyaccent: Wow, Gommie when I posted my last comment to you, I didn't read the first post you had made about your car accident....Yes there was a guardian angel watching over you.....Glad you and your family are okay...

So sorry about what is happening with your nephew....

Sometimes something that may seem trivial like a soap opera and this board....gives you some fantasy time, time away from the grinds of life where you don't have to think about what is going on in the real world. That isn't a bad thing.......Sometimes you just need to get away...The board will always be here for you, when you feel you need to take a break from life.... Please post from time to time as I'd love to see those little grandkids as they grow up...Take care of yourself....

Ny.. your comment is so well put. When i first started coming to this board i dont think i understood the difference between taking other peoples comments as a critism or just others opinions. I think i got that from going into chatrooms on aol and dealing with some pretty crude people. I stayed away from the board for awhile at first then thought to myself, i can share my thoughts and opinions and who ever wants to respond can. Who ever doesnt like my opinion can either skip my post or tell me they disagree. I do come on here for the reason you mentioned, to get away from the real problems in every day real life and for the fantasy of things that prolly wouldnt happen in real life. I have enjoyed posting back and forth with so many of the people on this board that i keep coming back to see what they have to say. So anyways i just wanted to say that i hope everyone realizes that the people shouldnt take other peoples comments personally and just take them as opinions and not get angry if they disagree and not come back to this site because of that. Just my opinion, On with the show...

« 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 » »| page:

Please register and login to be able to post in this message board.

« Go back to topic list