List of Shows

recommended for you

Tell your friends

TELL YOUR FRIENDS

The Young and the Restless - MESSAGE BOARDS

Soaps Boards :: The Young and the Restless Forum :: Please don't give up on Y&R yet!!!!

Please register and login to be able to post in this message board.

Please don't give up on Y&R yet!!!!

Started by Sheri0082 at 2007/01/02 11:08AM
    Latest post: 2007/01/12 03:48AM, Views: 3267, Replies: 90
    « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 » »| page:
    #21   2007/01/02 01:50PM
    Re: Please don't give up on Y&R yet!!!!
    heart and soul

Quote kimyla:
    Quote gommie: Interesting thread!! I just came to wish you all a Happy New Year and let you know I will not be posting anymore--I am so sick of this show and it seems all I do is complain about it---NO MORE!! life is too short- We miraculously surivived a head on collision with two other cars last week suffering no more than bruises-- we are so fortunate-my nephew, a Lt. Col. in the Marines, is being charged with failure to accurately report and thoroughly investigate a possible 'wartime'violation which took place under his command in Haditha, and is being charged with dereliction of duty. He could face dismissal and up to two years in prison for doing the job he was trained for and sent to Iraq to do-and here I sit wasting my time watching this garbage then complaining about it- I have the power and control to change this and I am, as of today--grrrrrrrrrrrr.
    Anyway, it has been a pleasant experince posting with you all and I wish you all good health and safe passage wherever your roads take you in 2007

Wow Gommie!! Sounds like you have had an intense few weeks. I am glad that you and your family are okay after the accident. I am sorry to hear about your nephew and what he is facing. But please, don;t leave us..We enjoy your posts. You can always catch up if you come to the board. If you must leave, then I understand. Something like you have been through can change your outlook on life. You will be missed.

Gommie,
    It sounds a though you have really been hit hard and from all sides! Thank God you all were not hurt or even worse! Your Guardian Angel was certianly with you! Bless your Nephew, and I hope he comes through this okay. It seem our government is finding fault with what they have told our troops to do and are unfairly blamming the troops for what they(the nation's leaders) have done. Our Military did not ask for this war and I hope every last one of our troops is totally blessed by God when the time is right. and the "leaders" are told where to go!
    I love America and I love our troops and Veterans! I think our government leaders are WRONG! I shall keep you and your nephew in my prayers as well as all of the troops.
    Please email me. I will miss you.

#22   2007/01/02 01:57PM
    mrsillinois1961

I will never give up this show. I have been a fan for many a many years and prolly many more to come. Now they do need to end this Sheila crap once and for all it is getting really really old. Let dead dogs lie..

#23   2007/01/02 02:10PM
    Sheri0082

Gommie
    Im glad u and your family are okay. Maybe in the future u will watch and post again. Your posts and opinions will be missed.

#24   2007/01/02 03:07PM
    shopgirl

Quote gommie: Interesting thread!! I just came to wish you all a Happy New Year and let you know I will not be posting anymore--I am so sick of this show and it seems all I do is complain about it---NO MORE!! life is too short- We miraculously surivived a head on collision with two other cars last week suffering no more than bruises-- we are so fortunate-my nephew, a Lt. Col. in the Marines, is being charged with failure to accurately report and thoroughly investigate a possible 'wartime'violation which took place under his command in Haditha, and is being charged with dereliction of duty. He could face dismissal and up to two years in prison for doing the job he was trained for and sent to Iraq to do-and here I sit wasting my time watching this garbage then complaining about it- I have the power and control to change this and I am, as of today--grrrrrrrrrrrr.
    Anyway, it has been a pleasant experince posting with you all and I wish you all good health and safe passage wherever your roads take you in 2007

Gosh Gommie -- Not much of a holiday season for you and your family. Thankfully you are all okay after your car accident. I will surely hold good thoughts for your nephew and hope things go good for him. I'm the daughter of a WWII veteran and of course lived through all the tragedies of Viet Nam and am feeling more and more that Iraq is just a big quagmire like Viet Nam. I want our men and women home now!! Stay strong for your family and if you get a chance just check into our chit-chat thread and let us know how things are going. I will miss your fun posts and your darling pics. of the grandbabies. All the best to you and your family...........Shopgirl.

#25   2007/01/02 03:31PM
    Lindylou

Since I found the boards, I don't wach the show. I have not watched since John Abbott's death. I will not watch again until Nick and Phyliss are broken up. I just can't watch them being so happy knowing the type of pain that they hace caused. As I said before, I know what it is to bury a child and I understand the pain that Sharon has gone through, therefore, I refuse to watch Nick and Phyliss.

#26   2007/01/02 03:37PM
    lestress

gommie, I knew you had posted that you were going to Utah and Idaho for the holidays and wondered when you would return. I am sorry to hear that you won't be back.

I feel so bad for your nephew. I read something in the newspaper here a week or so ago and I think it may have been about your nephew. It is a travesty!!! Not justice at all. He is a scapegoat and is being made to fall on his sword for higher ups. I wish him, his family all the best and he hopes that he escapes a prison term.

I certainly understand your position about watching a trivial TV show when people's lives are in jeopardy. I guess in a lot of cases it is just something to keep your mind off the serious issues at least for a while.

I am thankful that you came away from the car wreck with only bruises.

Good luck to all of you!

Modified 2 times(s), last time at: 2007/01/02 03:41PM
    #27   2007/01/02 06:51PM
    catealy

Quote lestress: The thing is that they have gotten rid of John and Ashley is on her way out and who knows who else of the long time cast members may be next. They bring in people like gloria and amber who are so unappealing. Paul hasn't had a storyline in so long and now it looks like his storyline will be as jailer to phelia. They bring a psychic on the show, they have tarot card readings............and yet another stolen baby story with Katherine. And, of course, there is the return of sheila for the umpteenth time....

I too am at wits end with the Y&R writers. It wasn't enough that they got rid of John Abbot, now Ashley will be exiting & Kay & Jill mother & daughter. This has turned into a nightmare. I remember summers spent as a kid and well into my teenage years in front of Y&R and to think that it has come to this. The story line is beginning to make me sick to my stomach. Please let all the crazy crap go before more Y&R fans LET GO! Every sceen with PHELIA in it today, I fast forwarded through. I said last week on a post, if SHELIA stayed for more than a week, I am through watching. I am a loyal fan and started watching back in 1981 as a 7yr old with my mom. I also started watching GL as a young girl but have recently let it go. When one particular cast member got super powers with glowing eyes I did not hesitate to stop watching. PLEASE Y&R writers let the SHELIA BIT GO, OR I WILL HAVE TO LET Y&R GO.

#28   2007/01/02 07:46PM
    online_mn

As long as the majority of the veterans are still on the show I will still watch reluctantly. I would probably still watch if they bring in actors of equal experience.

The storylines, editting, and overall production are still excellent compared to other soaps, but there has definitely been a decline in quality since the takeover.

The show has gone from fiction -> science fiction

LML must be a Star Trek fan (I am too!)

Modified 1 times(s), last time at: 2007/01/02 07:46PM
    #29   2007/01/02 07:48PM
    Darlotto

if we all stop watching the Y&R then LML term as head writer will come to an end thats why I hope no matter how much you like the Y&R you will stop watching this crap that she is doing to this classic show. until LML goes I won't watch the show. we need Jack Smith and Kay Alden back!

#30   2007/01/02 07:52PM
    shopgirl

Quote online_mn: As long as the majority of the veterans are still on the show I will still watch reluctantly. I would probably still watch if they bring in actors of equal experience.

The storylines, editting, and overall production are still excellent compared to other soaps, but there has definitely been a decline in quality since the takeover.

The show has gone from fiction -> science fiction

LML must be a Star Trek fan (I am too!)

Well I hope Captain Kirk beams LML to another soap and we get some decent writers back

« 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 » »| page:

Please register and login to be able to post in this message board.

« Go back to topic list