List of Shows

recommended for you

Tell your friends

TELL YOUR FRIENDS

The Young and the Restless - MESSAGE BOARDS

Soaps Boards :: The Young and the Restless Forum :: Please don't give up on Y&R yet!!!!

Please register and login to be able to post in this message board.

Please don't give up on Y&R yet!!!!

Started by Sheri0082 at 2007/01/02 11:08AM
    Latest post: 2007/01/12 03:48AM, Views: 3561, Replies: 90
    1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 » »| page:
    #1   2007/01/02 11:08AM
    Please don't give up on Y&R yet!!!!
    Sheri0082

I have read quit a few comments that express the dissapointment in the new writers. Some of those who are very dissapointed are concidering giving up on the show. I do agree, some storylines are just so tired, some are heading in the wrong direction, and I can think of one off the top of my head that shouldn't even have been put back into play, but please don't give up.

I think maybe the new writers are expirementing to see what may or may not boost ratings. I'm sure they will eventually realize how a lot of veiwers feel and get back to basics.

But if all the veiwers that have been so devoted for so long(and there seems to be A LOT of us) just give up, the show definetly won't survive.

If we all just keep watching and keep expressing our opinions on the direction it's going, I think the show can be saved and we may get our good old Y&R back.

#2   2007/01/02 11:14AM
    Re: Please don't give up on Y&R yet!!!!
    lestress

The thing is that they have gotten rid of John and Ashley is on her way out and who knows who else of the long time cast members may be next. They bring in people like gloria and amber who are so unappealing. Paul hasn't had a storyline in so long and now it looks like his storyline will be as jailer to phelia. They bring a psychic on the show, they have tarot card readings............and yet another stolen baby story with Katherine. And, of course, there is the return of sheila for the umpteenth time....

#3   2007/01/02 11:16AM
    suegery

The only show I watch on TV is Y&R and I sometime think I should give it up.

Well I'll have to wait and see.

Modified 1 times(s), last time at: 2007/01/02 11:16AM
    #4   2007/01/02 11:18AM
    nurse_magoo

THe writer's have to know that the fans hate this storyline! In the olden days this soap made you feel happy and sad and alot of emotion, now it seems the writer's are aiming for making everyone p....d off! And it's working.

#5   2007/01/02 11:19AM
    lestress

Quote suegery: The only show I watch on TV is Y&R and I sometime think I should give it up.

Well I'll have to wait and see.

The only one I watch too - at least for now.

#6   2007/01/02 11:20AM
    suegery

Quote nurse_magoo: THe writer's have to know that the fans hate this storyline! In the olden days this soap made you feel happy and sad and alot of emotion, now it seems the writer's are aiming for making everyone p....d off! And it's working.

I absolutely agree with you. Gone are the days where you could feel good about this show.

#7   2007/01/02 11:21AM
    lestress

Quote nurse_magoo: THe writer's have to know that the fans hate this storyline! In the olden days this soap made you feel happy and sad and alot of emotion, now it seems the writer's are aiming for making everyone p....d off! And it's working.

There are too many "in your face" characters on the show like the three witches phyllis, gloria and amber.

#8   2007/01/02 11:23AM
    kimyla

Y&R is the only show I watch too.

I am getting to the point that I am considering taking a break from Y&R for a while. Maybe I'll tune in down the road and see if things are looking any better or different for Y&R.

#9   2007/01/02 11:31AM
    shopgirl

I certainly agree with what you guys are saying......I always think I will quit watching to, but around 11:00 each day I seem to find myself tuning in!! I guess there is still enough that appeals to me, plus I am an eternal optimist, so am confident the writers will improve things! (Fingers crossed) Most of all I love this board and all the posters, so will keep hanging in there with Y & R

#10   2007/01/02 11:33AM
    lestress

I think that the main reason I still watch is cuz I found this board and it is so much fun! Y&R should pay rent to whoever sponsors this board

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 » »| page:

Please register and login to be able to post in this message board.

« Go back to topic list